Alf. S

Golf Grips Recommendations.

Our Sponsors

They do not feel bad but at same time they also do not have the same feeling as the midsize I currently have in my driver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

15 hours ago, tchat07 said:

Alright I don't mean to hijack the thread with my own question but it slightly applies. I ordered new irons with Lamkin Midsize Grips. The clubs came in today and I noticed it said standard grips on them. Long story short they +4 wrapped it and put standard grips overtop. I have heard this comes out to be the same, generally. Any thoughts on whether I should go back to fitter to have midsize installed or just rock with the +4 standard.

The size will be very close, but with the standard grip stretched over the tape, it will probably feel I smaller and lighter as it is stretched. With the actual midsize grip, the grip itself will feel thicker and heavier in tour hands. At least that’s how i see it or feel it when I have the same situation.  It really is preference at that point. 

• Like 2

Alright I don't mean to hijack the thread with my own question but it slightly applies. I ordered new irons with Lamkin Midsize Grips. The clubs came in today and I noticed it said standard grips on them. Long story short they +4 wrapped it and put standard grips overtop. I have heard this comes out to be the same, generally. Any thoughts on whether I should go back to fitter to have midsize installed or just rock with the +4 standard.

You paid for midsized grips, not a grip that accommodates your vendor’s inventory.

Go back and get what you paid for.
  • Like 6

I really enjoyed the Lamkin Sonar grip last season. This year they’re adding a rib option and I plan to give these a shot.

IMG_3325.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the input @Kor.A.Door and[mention=72203]Bens197[/mention] I called and they stated that i can try them and if I still want the midsize I can bring them in.

I would have your irons swingweighted first before you put a midsize grip on. The midsize grip will reduce your swingweight quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I would have your irons swingweighted first before you put a midsize grip on. The midsize grip will reduce your swingweight quite a bit.

Out of curiosity how much weight do you think?

9 hours ago, FiveGs said:

This isn’t necessarily true. The difference between a stretched standard and a midsize would be marginal.

The standard sized grip, you’re at about 50g (using crosslines as a reference) and 62g for a midsize.

A single strip of 2” tape adds between 1-1.5 grams of weight.

• Like 1

I went from MCC+4 to CP2 Pro in midsize on my graphite shafts to help my arthritic hands and shoulders. They really help with the pain and stiffness.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Bought a Winn Dri Tac and a Dri Tac Light to try and I'm pretty impressed. Re-gripped the AW and my 56'. Grip is softer and tackier than MC+. Next step is a  regrip of 6-PW with the normal Dri Tac. I'm going to get a couple more of the Lite grips and play around with then on my 3, 4 and 5i. My gapping is pretty good from 6i to AW but drops off with the 3i to 5i, thoughts are reduce the weight by 20g with the Lite grip.