patrickleeleep

What To Do With Old/ New Irons

Our Sponsors

Last March, bought a set of P790s with Recoil Shafts and just never got a long with them but continued to use them. Fast forward to now, and I have purchased a used set of Mizuno 900f's with some steel shafts that I am loving so far. I just could never get along with the graphite shafts. 

I know I am keeping the Mizuno's but now what do I do with the P790s? 

My thoughts and options were:

1- Sell set as a whole on forums or ebay

2- Get similar shafts to the mizunos and put those in the p790s then sell recoil shafts

3- Pull recoil shafts and sell, then keep p790 heads for maybe a later use

2 hours ago, patrickleeleep said:

My thoughts and options were:

1- Sell set as a whole on forums or ebay

2- Get similar shafts to the mizunos and put those in the p790s then sell recoil shafts

3- Pull recoil shafts and sell, then keep p790 heads for maybe a later use

Those are all good options. I would encourage you to go to a store and test the P790's with a comparable shaft that your Mizunos have. If you like what you see then consider reshafting. That should give you some idea if the its the shaft or the clubs that you don't get along with. You can also probably get a quote for what reshafting/new shafts would cost you.  Not sure if you were fit for the 790s or not but do whatever is best for your game/wallet.

You might be able to  get $500-700 for the P790s as is not sure what just the shafts would get you. That can buy a lot of lessons or a new or so. 

I allow myself to have one extra bag.  Usually it’s what I take when I travel, but it limits me to not have too many clubs.  Just ran a cross the same problem and I reshafted the old set.  Honestly I regret it since one bad shot makes me want to switch them.

Sell the clubs and keep the money set aside for your next golf purchase. It really makes buying new possible, and you get a far better return than “trading” at a store. I just got new irons. Brand new. Didn’t cost me a dime. I paid for them with what I sold a couple months ago....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Sell them and pay for a legitimate iron fitting.

21 minutes ago, jlukes said:

This x100

On 1/17/2020 at 5:49 AM, jlukes said:

I was thinking this or lessons, but I know if I pay for lessons, I wont put in the time to practice and really instill the lessons learned. So probably a fitting. Although, I played again this weekend and had another good round for me so I'd love to do a fitting/ gapping test. 

16 minutes ago, patrickleeleep said:

I was thinking this or lessons, but I know if I pay for lessons, I wont put in the time to practice and really instill the lessons learned. So probably a fitting. Although, I played again this weekend and had another good round for me so I'd love to do a fitting/ gapping test. 

Good on you for being honest about not committing to practicing after lessons. I guarantee 90% of people who get lessons don't put in the time and effort afterwards to get actual changes. 

Fitting would absolutely be your best bet. 

• Like 1

I always sell old clubs otherwise when I'm playing bad its the clubs fault and I need to switch to my other set.  Of course when I only have one set, its still the clubs fault  but I have to figure out a way to deal with it, lol.  

• Haha 1