pozzit

Mavrik Drivers

3 hours ago, Michael Bradley said:

I am a Ping Driver guy, but the Mavrik Max that I just played a round with far exceeds the G410 or G400max in forgiveness and distance. Played a 10.5 with a Riptide off of the shelf.  I have never seen a Callaway driver that was easier to hit than a Ping. Callaway has nailed it. The story with this driver is forgiveness and distance  away form the center of the face. 

Will depend on the player;  I hit the 410 much better than the Mavriks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Will depend on the player;  I hit the 410 much better than the Mavriks.  

Yup. Goes for every club in the bag

• Like 2

I have tried everything. So far for me, the SIM is the best out there. 

I demo'd all 3 Mavrik drivers vs my Epic Flash gamer and felt like the standard was the best of the 3.  None I felt were as good as the Flash, they seemed to produce a lot more spin for me but that might have more to do with the shaft in the demo drivers.  It was strange that for both myself and the guy doing the fitting the Sub Zero had a really high ball flight.  

Now I did just pick up the 15 degree fairway wood and that club is unbelievable.  Really easy to get up even on shots low in the face.  I can't be happier with it.  Plus, I only had to come out of pocket about $70 because I won some shop credit in a Super Bowl pool (thanks Mahomes for for TD at the end of the first)!

26 minutes ago, miketratnik said:

I demo'd all 3 Mavrik drivers vs my Epic Flash gamer and felt like the standard was the best of the 3.  None I felt were as good as the Flash, they seemed to produce a lot more spin for me but that might have more to do with the shaft in the demo drivers.  It was strange that for both myself and the guy doing the fitting the Sub Zero had a really high ball flight.  

Now I did just pick up the 15 degree fairway wood and that club is unbelievable.  Really easy to get up even on shots low in the face.  I can't be happier with it.  Plus, I only had to come out of pocket about $70 because I won some shop credit in a Super Bowl pool (thanks Mahomes for for TD at the end of the first)!

Did you put your shaft in the mavrik?

30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Did you put your shaft in the mavrik?

No, at the time I didn't give a ton of thought to switch them out.  I might mess around with it in the next week.  The shop is good about letting me try things out so I'll grab the Mavrik heads and try them with my shaft.  We were really out there for my son who was getting fit for irons.  Getting to play around with the different Mavrik heads was just bonus.

• Like 1

I demo’d the mavrik max tonight and it was amazing. First swing off the rack with out any adjustment and it went 225. Not afraid to admit that is 3 yards longer than my best drive recorded on arccos with my 410 plus last year. I’m heading back tomorrow and get fit for it and see where we can get it. Hit 5 shots all over 215 and all fairway finders.. I’m impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jbmullin said:

I demo’d the mavrik max tonight and it was amazing. First swing off the rack with out any adjustment and it went 225. Not afraid to admit that is 3 yards longer than my best drive recorded on arccos with my 410 plus last year. I’m heading back tomorrow and get fit for it and see where we can get it. Hit 5 shots all over 215 and all fairway finders.. I’m impressed.

Make sure you take your 410 to compare side by side on the launch monitor.   Not saying the mavrik isn't longer,  but unless you are comparing side by side you won't ever know.   

• Like 2

Make sure you take your 410 to compare side by side on the launch monitor.   Not saying the mavrik isn't longer,  but unless you are comparing side by side you won't ever know.   

Just wrapped up testing and baselined with my 410 as suggested. Longest with 410 was 225, avg 217. Learned that from following this group.

mavrik with evenflow riptide 50 shaft longest was 237 with ball speed consistently 130 avg 227. Tried all three heads, multiple shafts l, threw in the speed zone and the mavrik max with set up just clicked for me.

The fitter and I were both floored at how different the results were vs the other combinations .

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

Just wrapped up testing and baselined with my 410 as suggested. Longest with 410 was 225, avg 217. Learned that from following this group.

mavrik with evenflow riptide 50 shaft longest was 237 with ball speed consistently 130 avg 227. Tried all three heads, multiple shafts l, threw in the speed zone and the mavrik max with set up just clicked for me.

The fitter and I were both floored at how different the results were vs the other combinations .

Are those carry distances or total?

Are those carry distances or total?

Reply , total distance. Was getting good roll out with both. 223 was longest carry if I recall from mavrik.

• Like 1

Played a demo today... meh

the lst400 is better, and sounds way better

but the 3 wood? Now that’s a beast

I got fit for the Mavrik recently by a club pro with Flight Scope. A few interesting findings with the Mavrik -- some of which might also be accredited to the shaft (GD Tour AD-XC 7X)

1. Standard head was spinning similar to the Epic SZ head I was comparing it to, even when lofted up 3.5 degrees from the Epic SZ. The shaft in my Epic SZ is supposed to be a very "low launch/low spin" shaft (Accra TZ6 65X)

2. Ball speeds and distance were VERY good on misses.

3. Launched on average 3-4 degrees higher than the Epic with the Accra shaft. This is likely with the increased loft, but I was never able to loft up without spin going through the roof.

Overall, I think the head looks awesome, sounds great (personally much better than the Flash), and provides really good numbers.

• Like 1

Had a driver fitting at CC yesterday, used the standard Mavrik head to sort through shafts. There was one shaft that stood above the others for dispersion, my primary goal. Then tried the latest Ping, Titleist and Cobra heads with that shaft, none matched the Mavrik, so that’s what CC recommended of course. Since I’m still not sure where (my inconsistent) swing outweighs ideal fitting, I ordered the new shaft with my Rogue head since TXG reported them similar with the exact same setup as their Mavrik spec. So now if it doesn’t pan out on course real world, I’m out $500 less (for a Mavrik head). However, I really liked the Mavrik.

1 hour ago, Middler said:

Had a driver fitting at CC yesterday, used the standard Mavrik head to sort through shafts. There was one shaft that stood above the others for dispersion, my primary goal. Then tried the latest Ping, Titleist and Cobra heads with that shaft, none matched the Mavrik, so that’s what CC recommended of course. Since I’m still not sure where (my inconsistent) swing outweighs ideal fitting, I ordered the new shaft with my Rogue head since TXG reported them similar with the exact same setup as their Mavrik spec. So now if it doesn’t pan out on course real world, I’m out $500 less (for a Mavrik head). However, I really liked the Mavrik.

What was the shaft? 

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

What was the shaft? 

Just commenting on the Mavrik. More later on the fitting if it yields an on course improvement. 

FYI - Club Champion told me their lead times have been extended by the coronavirus outbreak.

7 hours ago, Middler said:

So no swap of shafts with the other heads to see if there was a better combo for the heads?

20 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So no swap of shafts with the other heads to see if there was a better combo for the heads?

That’s Club Champions methodology. The fitter said the shaft is 80% of the optimization, so they pick a head *** and try shafts (8 IIRC). Once they’ve chosen a shaft, then try other heads (4 total). The “winner” is the combo with the best results. I said upfront I was looking for tighter dispersion period, whereas more distance is what more people want from a fitting.

I wouldn't think it would be necessary to try all combinations of shafts and heads, but just my uneducated opinion. At my request, he let me try the chosen shaft with my Rogue head too.

*** I think he picked Mavrik assuming I approved of Callaway because I have a Rogue - and I was fine with that. I’m sure I could have insisted on another head to start with if I asked.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Middler said:

That’s Club Champions methodology. The fitter said the shaft is 80% of the optimization, so they pick a head *** and try shafts (8 IIRC). Once they’ve chosen a shaft, then try other heads (4 total). The “winner” is the combo with the best results. I said upfront I was looking for tighter dispersion period, whereas more distance is what more people want from a fitting.

I wouldn't think it would be necessary to try all combinations of shafts and heads, but just my uneducated opinion. At my request, he let me try the chosen shaft with my Rogue head too.

*** I think he picked Mavrik assuming I approved of Callaway because I have a Rogue - and I was fine with that. I’m sure I could have insisted on another head to start with if I asked.

That’s interesting. Everywhere I’ve been fit it’s find head/loft that gives best numbers and fine tweak with shaft.

The good thing that matters is you came away with something that works and that you know what the best combo for you is if you decide to change heads

I sure wish you’d have gone to my guy at CC in New Orleans as he fits to the head first, THEN shaft, which is what is recommended. Oh well. Hoping all works-out for the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro