TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Handicap System - Playing Conditions Calculation

AlanMP

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I've never had a round adjusted after about 100 rounds. Played in Ohio in cold, windy and rainy weather and the score is always  the same as entered. I don't believe PCC works - but then I don't understand the internal operations for making it work - is it automatic or does it require manual intervention by the local Pro shop. I'll bet @DaveP043 would know. 

The PCC is automatic, based only on the scores posted on that course, and posted before midnight on the day of play.  If there are fewer than 8 scores posted, there is no adjustment.  I believe (can't verify) that the more scores that are posted, the smaller the variance from "normal" to induce a PCC, that makes as I understand statistical analysis.  Last time I checked, we'd had fewer than 10 PCC adjustments all year at my home club, and I didn't see any on the 60+ days I played.  The PCC wasn't designed to be a frequent thing, or to have a huge impact on handicaps.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

28 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The PCC is automatic, based only on the scores posted on that course, and posted before midnight on the day of play.  If there are fewer than 8 scores posted, there is no adjustment.  I believe (can't verify) that the more scores that are posted, the smaller the variance from "normal" to induce a PCC, that makes as I understand statistical analysis.  Last time I checked, we'd had fewer than 10 PCC adjustments all year at my home club, and I didn't see any on the 60+ days I played.  The PCC wasn't designed to be a frequent thing, or to have a huge impact on handicaps.

Thanks Dave, I figured you knew the answer. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I've never had a round adjusted after about 100 rounds. Played in Ohio in cold, windy and rainy weather and the score is always  the same as entered. I don't believe PCC works - but then I don't understand the internal operations for making it work - is it automatic or does it require manual intervention by the local Pro shop. I'll bet @DaveP043 would know. 

My understanding is it is automatic

Here is a link to GHIN explanation

https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/handicapping/roh/Content/rules/5 6 Playing Conditions Calculation.htm

Edited by mwr57

Driver Taylor Made M4

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal

Mizuno ES 21 Wedges

Taylor Made TP Collection Putter

• 2 months later...

I had one round in 2020 adjusted for PCC.  It was a huge group (4 hours worth of 4-some tee times) of us played on a pretty tough course, most of us for the 1st time, and all GHIN registered golfers, so I think the shear volume of rounds being higher than normal scores that day contributed to it. 

Must have benefited any members that played outside of our group that day!

It showed up as a 2.0 in the app

4-PW Nike Vapor Fly Steel Irons, True Temper ZT 85-PT Shafts, Regular Flex, Standard Length, +2 Degree Upright

Nike Vaport Fly Drive 9.5 Degree Left Tensi-Stiff Shaft

Ping Anser 17 Degree TFC Standard Felx 800-H Shaft

Mizuno 3 Wood 15 Degree 5-50 Graphite Shaft Shipped to Florida Set

TOUR EDGE GOLF CBX FAIRWAY - 13.5* - STIFF FLEX - #3 FAIRWAY [PROJECT X HZRDUS YELLOW 6.0 75 GRAPHITE]

35'' Odyssey Works 9 Putter  with Superstroke Slim Grip

Cleveland 588-RTX 52/10 

Titlest BV SM4 Vokey 60/10

Callaway MD3 Milled S-Grind 46/8

Last year we played in a bunch of challenging conditions; cold, high winds and never had a PCC adjustment, note; all of us do post our rounds on GHIN the same day we play.  I've often wondered if I club just wasn't providing the feed to adjust the scores. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• Guests
On 1/14/2020 at 8:40 AM, AlanMP said:

This is my first posted score that involves the new playing conditions calculation. I guess this means the nine holes were playing a half stroke harder due to the weather conditions? I played in the morning. Conditions were soft cause it had poured the night before so I guess maybe I wasn't getting the normal roll out on the fairways. The weather was much worse in the afternoon that day so maybe that weather is being taken into account? Either way, the new handicap system is interesting. Anyone else had their scores adjusted due to weather? Capture.PNG.e6169a493e13bb6464dfac5dd4a26abd.PNG

Yeah my Scottsdale buddy just had a round at a +2 believe it or not...

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Last year we played in a bunch of challenging conditions; cold, high winds and never had a PCC adjustment, note; all of us do post our rounds on GHIN the same day we play.  I've often wondered if I club just wasn't providing the feed to adjust the scores. 

As I understand it, your State Associations dataset is automatically linked to the nationwide USGA data.  As long as you're posting, you're doing your job.  What I do see is that on miserable days, lots of people don't post (vanity handicappers), or people in general not posting on the same day of play.  The fewer scores posted for analysis, the larger the deviation must be to get an adjustment.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia