Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

PXG Gen3 GC hype

Majmike

Went to Haggin Oaks range to test out some irons. Tried the PXG irons and wow was I not surprised. I had seen the golf spy tests and now today GC was hyping the distance.  I wondered where this distance was coming from in GS tests.  In checking i.e. 5 iron specs, the PXGs had 2* less loft and longer shaft.  Duh, this is the oldest hype in club sales to make your irons go farther ala infamous Gary Player irons in the 80s.  What golf spy should do is set lofts and shaft lengths the same on irons tested then that would be a true test.  Ole Bob Parsons is now up to $650 for a iron when there are so many other manufacturers bring excellent products to golfers at reasonable prices.  If his clubs are so great then why aren't the pros flocking to them and the ones who are have made no significant impact on any tour.   Remember the old adage, a fool and his $$$$$ is soon parted.  

Edited by Majmike
Spelling

Driver : Callaway Epic 10.5 senior flex

FW.  Taylormade M3ti senior flex 3W

Callaway Epic sr. Flex 5W

Hybrid   Callaway GBB 3,5 Sr flex

Irons Mizuno 900 Hot metal sr flex 4 thru SW

Putter Callaway triple track mallet

Great first post to come in and talk about 2 topics that have been beat to death over and over. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I know it has been beat to death, but now the Bob Parsons hype is being spread by the Golf Channel so hopefully this info will make some golfers that buyer beware. 

Driver : Callaway Epic 10.5 senior flex

FW.  Taylormade M3ti senior flex 3W

Callaway Epic sr. Flex 5W

Hybrid   Callaway GBB 3,5 Sr flex

Irons Mizuno 900 Hot metal sr flex 4 thru SW

Putter Callaway triple track mallet

19 minutes ago, Majmike said:

I know it has been beat to death, but now the Bob Parsons hype is being spread by the Golf Channel so hopefully this info will make some golfers that buyer beware. 

Well the golf channel is paid by a company to advertise. Stay tuned you will see Callaway, TaylorMade and other brands on there advertise as well.

You could literally pull any brand and find a club line that has stronger lofts and longer shafts than another company’s line or even an older release of the same company’s irons.

As for the hype around PXG there’s hype around every brand and distance because distance sells. But as for actual numbers that’s for the individual to determine if something is better for them whether that’s looks, distance, feel or sound. PXG has two of the best engineers in the industry designing their clubs and unlike any other brand they don’t have a budget to design too.

With all that said how about you add some context to your OP and state what irons GC was hitting from PXG and against what irons they are being compared to.

As for the testing you are saying MGS should do you might want to look at the most wanted testing to see that irons in similar categories thus similar specs get tested against each other by everyday amateurs 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1