Jmikecpa

PXG Fitting is Scheduled

Unless things have changed Doug Huntsinger aka doggie fresh will be your fitter. He’s good. I had him for my gen2 iron fitting 

• Like 1

Congrats, that’s cool! I’ll admit it, I’m jealous on equipment and your HI. PXG’s would be wasted on me. I hope you’re thrilled with the results, I suspect the fitter will enjoy fitting you.

Edited by Middler

Unless things have changed Doug Huntsinger aka doggie fresh will be your fitter. He’s good. I had him for my gen2 iron fitting 

I think I have Anthony tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Looking forward to hearing how it went.

I'd do a club fitting every week if I could... their both interesting and fun.  I suspect for near scratch players the refining and down select process gets much more difficult however - maybe not?  It will be interesting to see what you find out.

• Like 3

And forgot to mention that the fitter threw me a few hats when we were done and a round of golf at Liberty National in the spring to get an on course view of how the clubs perform for me. Like I said, the guy is thorough.

• Like 7

Wow. What a setup. I'll forgive you for the no pictures during the fitting as I know how hard that is.   As long as we get detailed full bag pics when you get them. 

Sounds like a great experience.  Curious having been through a couple full bag fitting myself.   How long did it take. 

• Like 3

Wow. What a setup. I'll forgive you for the no pictures during the fitting as I know how hard that is.   As long as we get detailed full bag pics when you get them. 
Sounds like a great experience.  Curious having been through a couple full bag fitting myself.   How long did it take. 

The fitting was right around two hours and it took about another half an hour to do the order and build sheet. Spent the most time on the 3 wood and getting the iron shafts right. The driver, hybrid, wedges and putter were pretty easy to dial in.

• Like 5

And of course I will take pictures when they show up. Told me a week or so and they will be at my house.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Hybrid: Was between hybrid and five wood going in and once I saw the hybrid I was sold. These clubs just look great at address. This may have been the easiest to fit with just one shaft and I was sold. Went with the 19* 0317x with a KBS Proto 95x.

Sounds like a great fitting.  I love the KBS Proto shaft. 

Sounds like it went really well. I would love to have the driver in my bag, but when I got fitted last year he couldn't get the spin down low enough for me. Which was a big disappointment, as that was the best feeling head that I've ever hit.

• Like 1

Sounds like it went really well. I would love to have the driver in my bag, but when I got fitted last year he couldn't get the spin down low enough for me. Which was a big disappointment, as that was the best feeling head that I've ever hit.

Try this years X, I struggled to get enough spin during my most wanted testing.
  • Like 1

Try this years X, I struggled to get enough spin during my most wanted testing.

I was swinging the driver around 112mph on average yesterday and we had a harder time getting launch and spin up in the X than we did dialing in the XF to knock some spin off.

• Like 3

I was swinging the driver around 112mph on average yesterday and we had a harder time getting launch and spin up in the X than we did dialing in the XF to knock some spin off.

From my testing of this years drivers, low spin seems to be the trend. Like you experienced, It probably is easier to reduce spin than it is to increase
  • Like 2

Nice!  I'm most interested in your future comments on the Sugar Daddy wedges.  One question that I've always had regarding those wedges is longevity vs price.  Is the performace significant enough to warrant the price tag given the frequency one needs to replace wedges.

• Like 1

From my testing of this years drivers, low spin seems to be the trend. Like you experienced, It probably is easier to reduce spin than it is to increase

Watch the Rick Shiels video of the new Mavrick Sub Zero. He struggled keeping it in the air. I personally don’t need to get every last yard out of a driver these days. 270 and straight at my club will get it done all day long.

• Like 4

Nice!  I'm most interested in your future comments on the Sugar Daddy wedges.  One question that I've always had regarding those wedges is longevity vs price.  Is the performace significant enough to warrant the price tag given the frequency one needs to replace wedges.

I don’t even have them yet and I will say the answer is no at the price per wedge if you just buy them alone. The new Sugar Daddy wedges are $650 per wedge which is just under $2k for a set of three. Are they nice wedges, yes they are. Are the three Vokeys for the price of one wedge nice...not really. I also am curious about the durability of the wedges as well.

• Like 3