Jump to content
Jmikecpa

PXG Fitting is Scheduled

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Sticks are built and on their way to Long Island, should be here this weekend.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats awesome.  Cant wait to see some pics and here your thoughts 


:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golf Porn right there! 

I have seen and heard about the incredible PXG packaging.  Maybe I'll get to see that up close sometime soon.  Not surprised the specs were right on, you would hope and expect that with their quality.  

Congrats on the great looking setup!

  • Like 4

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

And FedEx came through. Two nice big boxes, one with clubs and one with a PXG carry bag.

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Just a few initial thoughts. The level of detail in the packaging was just amazing. All clubs were in this foam box insert that kept them safe and sound. A quick check on specs and all are dead on from real quick check, will dig in a bit more this afternoon. Overall just very well done by PXG on the deliver aspect.

And these blades are just dead gorgeous

IMG_0531.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year my bud Bear was fitted and ordered a set of 0311 irons and wedges--- He was fitted up in Fayetteville NC--- I do not know the fitter builder but when he got them he had me check them against the build sheet. I checked them on both my loft and lie machine and my manual protractor board. They were dead on specs from the build sheet. what impressed me was the fitter there came up with the same lie specs I have used on 3 sets of clubs I built him. Seriously I have only hit his 50* wedge one time and I liked it in fact too darn much. He did give me the PXG hat and it is hanging up because I do not sail under false colors. I have been known to wear it out to eat but never to the course

  • Like 8

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Last year my bud Bear was fitted and ordered a set of 0311 irons and wedges--- He was fitted up in Fayetteville NC--- I do not know the fitter builder but when he got them he had me check them against the build sheet. I checked them on both my loft and lie machine and my manual protractor board. They were dead on specs from the build sheet. what impressed me was the fitter there came up with the same lie specs I have used on 3 sets of clubs I built him. Seriously I have only hit his 50* wedge one time and I liked it in fact too darn much. He did give me the PXG hat and it is hanging up because I do not sail under false colors. I have been known to wear it out to eat but never to the course

That's a pretty big endorsement of their work, coming from you. 

BTW, love that saying, do not sail under false colors!! 

  • Like 2

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 things in golf that are nice to see. The pxg black box and the yellow scotty cameron box

  • Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 things in golf that are nice to see. The pxg black box and the yellow scotty cameron box

 

I saw two of the black boxes today and expecting a yellow one middle of next week.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last year my bud Bear was fitted and ordered a set of 0311 irons and wedges--- He was fitted up in Fayetteville NC--- I do not know the fitter builder but when he got them he had me check them against the build sheet. I checked them on both my loft and lie machine and my manual protractor board. They were dead on specs from the build sheet. what impressed me was the fitter there came up with the same lie specs I have used on 3 sets of clubs I built him. Seriously I have only hit his 50* wedge one time and I liked it in fact too darn much. He did give me the PXG hat and it is hanging up because I do not sail under false colors. I have been known to wear it out to eat but never to the course


I was very impressed with the fitting. I have been fit essentially by the same person for over 20 years and he just knows my game. My PXG fitter took a lot of time to get to know what I wanted out of each part of my bag and also took the time to watch me hit shots. On 18 at my club i set up way right and essentially hit a pull into the middle of the fairway, helps me avoid a hook into the junk. I hit that shot three to four times a week and we made sure the driver did that. He also asked what was my favorite driver over the last five years and it was hands down my Titleist 915 D2 with a Kiyoshi Black. Only knock was I had a tendency to over cook it when I went after it. We built a more forgiving fade bias version of the driver I hit the best over the last five years. I hit the low spin driver and we struggled to get consistent numbers that would keep the ball in the air. Most fitters would just say the peak numbers were good so it should be fine. Giving the sticks a go tomorrow for indoor golf. Should be a decent test before heading outdoors on Monday.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

 


I was very impressed with the fitting. I have been fit essentially by the same person for over 20 years and he just knows my game. My PXG fitter took a lot of time to get to know what I wanted out of each part of my bag and also took the time to watch me hit shots. On 18 at my club i set up way right and essentially hit a pull into the middle of the fairway, helps me avoid a hook into the junk. I hit that shot three to four times a week and we made sure the driver did that. He also asked what was my favorite driver over the last five years and it was hands down my Titleist 915 D2 with a Kiyoshi Black. Only knock was I had a tendency to over cook it when I went after it. We built a more forgiving fade bias version of the driver I hit the best over the last five years. I hit the low spin driver and we struggled to get consistent numbers that would keep the ball in the air. Most fitters would just say the peak numbers were good so it should be fine. Giving the sticks a go tomorrow for indoor golf. Should be a decent test before heading outdoors on Monday.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Your fitter along with the fitter in Fayetteville NC seems to know their stuff. I also have a 915 D-2 that I love but only one problem. With my cut swing I put a lot of sidespin on it. The only time I have ever been on a machine the numbers clearly showed that. One of the reasons I hit the Honma less sidespin. Now the 915 I can catch it in the toe and that darn thing is hot hot hot. But I keep it around because I like it and I can hit and compensate for it if need be

  • Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's a pretty big endorsement of their work, coming from you. 

BTW, love that saying, do not sail under false colors!! 

I have always believed in giving credit where credit is due--- Good example My steel shafted KZGs that I got on a trade deal are perfect. I have no idea who built them or where they were built but they are spot on. Balance good and all. Only thing I did to them was out of necessity and I did put a new set of grips on them which were the same grips that came off them Lamkin Crosslines.   Well sometimes I may wear a Titleist visor and not have a Titleist club in the bag or playing a Pro V but that is the limit on me. But on the PXG thing that is another ball of wax. I did tell someone one night that my bud paid $1500 for the hat and a set of golf clubs and he kept the clubs and gave me the hat. 

  • Like 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I was very impressed with the fitting. I have been fit essentially by the same person for over 20 years and he just knows my game. My PXG fitter took a lot of time to get to know what I wanted out of each part of my bag and also took the time to watch me hit shots. On 18 at my club i set up way right and essentially hit a pull into the middle of the fairway, helps me avoid a hook into the junk. I hit that shot three to four times a week and we made sure the driver did that. He also asked what was my favorite driver over the last five years and it was hands down my Titleist 915 D2 with a Kiyoshi Black. Only knock was I had a tendency to over cook it when I went after it. We built a more forgiving fade bias version of the driver I hit the best over the last five years. I hit the low spin driver and we struggled to get consistent numbers that would keep the ball in the air. Most fitters would just say the peak numbers were good so it should be fine. Giving the sticks a go tomorrow for indoor golf. Should be a decent test before heading outdoors on Monday.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to your impressions on “virgin 18” tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to your impressions on “virgin 18” tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


Solid is the best way I can sum it up. Granted it was indoors off a mat so spin was down a bit and didn’t have to deal with bad lies. They flew the way I would have expected and the gapping seems spot on. Need to work a bit with the hybrid and three wood just to get some comfort with them. Overall good first go with the new sticks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I would ever be good enough to own a set of PXG, just know that Bob Parsons was a Marine Corps Vietnam Vet and gives Veterans a great discount.

  • Like 2

CURRENTLY TESTING: SkyCaddie SX400

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gobama84 said:

Not that I would ever be good enough to own a set of PXG, just know that Bob Parsons was a Marine Corps Vietnam Vet and gives Veterans a great discount.

Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

 

 

  • Like 5

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

 

 

My statement holds true on that right now I don't have an established handicap, but will later this spring as I plan on playing in a lot of Veteran Golfer's Association (VGA) tourneys. I just finished a post about the VGA.

Since I think most people on this site are honest, I'll try to be also.  🤐  I have never broke 100 yet.  That changes this year as I haven't played but one or two times a year over the past 20 years or so.

  • Like 5

CURRENTLY TESTING: SkyCaddie SX400

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

My statement holds true on that right now I don't have an established handicap, but will later this spring as I plan on playing in a lot of Veteran Golfer's Association (VGA) tourneys. I just finished a post about the VGA.

Since I think most people on this site are honest, I'll try to be also.  🤐  I have never broke 100 yet.  That changes this year as I haven't played but one or two times a year over the past 20 years or so.

Gotcha, Hey we are all....well most of us....are just a couple bad holes away from shooting over 100, and I didn't start breaking 100 regularly until 2 or 3 years ago. 

I'm perhaps a different mindset than a lot of folks on here.  While I certainly understand getting the newest, latest clubs isn't going to alone help you to score better.  That said, I don't think anyone should let their ability keep them from getting a set of new clubs as long as they suitable to them.  Meaning nothing wrong with a 20 handicap getting a brand new set of G710 or something else along the GI line, if they can afford and they enjoy new clubs.   But certainly nothing wrong with the approach of I'll wait and get some new clubs as as reward for getting better either.  

 

  • Like 5

:callaway-logo-1:  MAVRIK Sub Zero 9.0 Adilia MSI 60S

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:callaway-logo-1: MAVRIK 5-A Nippon Modus 105 S 

:callaway-logo-1: MD5 Jaws 54.10 and 58.12 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

 

 

 

Honestly, the only thing keeping me from pursuing a set and a fitting are the cost. I see the value in these clubs from a larger picture.

 

The way they provide fittings is unlike any OEM. Personalized and dedicated as[mention=604]jmikecpa[/mention] recounted. The technology is there but I am more impressed with how Parsons has built his fitting process.

 

If it weren’t for having a child, hoping for another soon and stocking away for college and retirement I’d be all over this.

 

And just to add...I’d compare it to a mechanics tools. Why use Snap-On when you could use Kobalt? There is a top to bottom perception and actualization of quality. It makes sense.

  • Like 3

  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

 

 

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

Not that I would ever be good enough to own a set of PXG, just know that Bob Parsons was a Marine Corps Vietnam Vet and gives Veterans a great discount.

 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

 

 

That’s a very interesting comment because they offer multiple lines of irons and have two different options so imo it’s pretty easy to find a club that works for ones swing.

CG2 hits on an interesting point with the titleist pxg and too good to play from some good golfers. Both brands imo are similar in they want the serious golfer that’s investing in their game and want to get better and have them play the best clubs out there. Both brands offer a great lineup of clubs and multiple ways to get fit. Like Wilson, Cobra and some other brands that have the cheap moniker associated with them titleist has the im not good about to play them that needs to be shaken. If golfers put aside others takes and gave brands they aren’t accustomed to a chance they would be surprised how much good equipment is out threre.

18 minutes ago, bens197 said:

 

Honestly, the only thing keeping me from pursuing a set and a fitting are the cost. I see the value in these clubs from a larger picture.

 

The way they provide fittings is unlike any OEM. Personalized and dedicated as[mention=604]jmikecpa[/mention] recounted. The technology is there but I am more impressed with how Parsons has built his fitting process.

 

If it weren’t for having a child, hoping for another soon and stocking away for college and retirement I’d be all over this.

 

And just to add...I’d compare it to a mechanics tools. Why use Snap-On when you could use Kobalt? There is a top to bottom perception and actualization of quality. It makes sense.

I’ve been thru a pxg fitting as well as a titleist one and have been to various demo days for pretty much every brand out there.

I’m curious what you think pxg does fitting wise that other brands don’t do.

  • Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...