Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

PXG Fitting is Scheduled

Jmikecpa

10 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I was very impressed with the fitting. I have been fit essentially by the same person for over 20 years and he just knows my game. My PXG fitter took a lot of time to get to know what I wanted out of each part of my bag and also took the time to watch me hit shots. On 18 at my club i set up way right and essentially hit a pull into the middle of the fairway, helps me avoid a hook into the junk. I hit that shot three to four times a week and we made sure the driver did that. He also asked what was my favorite driver over the last five years and it was hands down my Titleist 915 D2 with a Kiyoshi Black. Only knock was I had a tendency to over cook it when I went after it. We built a more forgiving fade bias version of the driver I hit the best over the last five years. I hit the low spin driver and we struggled to get consistent numbers that would keep the ball in the air. Most fitters would just say the peak numbers were good so it should be fine. Giving the sticks a go tomorrow for indoor golf. Should be a decent test before heading outdoors on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your fitter along with the fitter in Fayetteville NC seems to know their stuff. I also have a 915 D-2 that I love but only one problem. With my cut swing I put a lot of sidespin on it. The only time I have ever been on a machine the numbers clearly showed that. One of the reasons I hit the Honma less sidespin. Now the 915 I can catch it in the toe and that darn thing is hot hot hot. But I keep it around because I like it and I can hit and compensate for it if need be

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's a pretty big endorsement of their work, coming from you. 

BTW, love that saying, do not sail under false colors!! 

I have always believed in giving credit where credit is due--- Good example My steel shafted KZGs that I got on a trade deal are perfect. I have no idea who built them or where they were built but they are spot on. Balance good and all. Only thing I did to them was out of necessity and I did put a new set of grips on them which were the same grips that came off them Lamkin Crosslines.   Well sometimes I may wear a Titleist visor and not have a Titleist club in the bag or playing a Pro V but that is the limit on me. But on the PXG thing that is another ball of wax. I did tell someone one night that my bud paid $1500 for the hat and a set of golf clubs and he kept the clubs and gave me the hat. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I was very impressed with the fitting. I have been fit essentially by the same person for over 20 years and he just knows my game. My PXG fitter took a lot of time to get to know what I wanted out of each part of my bag and also took the time to watch me hit shots. On 18 at my club i set up way right and essentially hit a pull into the middle of the fairway, helps me avoid a hook into the junk. I hit that shot three to four times a week and we made sure the driver did that. He also asked what was my favorite driver over the last five years and it was hands down my Titleist 915 D2 with a Kiyoshi Black. Only knock was I had a tendency to over cook it when I went after it. We built a more forgiving fade bias version of the driver I hit the best over the last five years. I hit the low spin driver and we struggled to get consistent numbers that would keep the ball in the air. Most fitters would just say the peak numbers were good so it should be fine. Giving the sticks a go tomorrow for indoor golf. Should be a decent test before heading outdoors on Monday.

Looking forward to your impressions on “virgin 18” tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Looking forward to your impressions on “virgin 18” tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Solid is the best way I can sum it up. Granted it was indoors off a mat so spin was down a bit and didn’t have to deal with bad lies. They flew the way I would have expected and the gapping seems spot on. Need to work a bit with the hybrid and three wood just to get some comfort with them. Overall good first go with the new sticks.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Not that I would ever be good enough to own a set of PXG, just know that Bob Parsons was a Marine Corps Vietnam Vet and gives Veterans a great discount.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

1 hour ago, gobama84 said:

Not that I would ever be good enough to own a set of PXG, just know that Bob Parsons was a Marine Corps Vietnam Vet and gives Veterans a great discount.

Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

55 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Interesting that you say "good enough to own"  I wonder other than price, if that keeps some people from buying/playing PXG.   I had this conversation with a member of our club this week.   He doesn't think he's good enough to play Titleist or PXG, when in fact at a solid 7 HC, that's ridiculous.  But he is a very "old" school guy, and I know for a fact he can afford them if he wanted to.   He is in his late 60's and maybe at the time in the 1970's or 80's this might have been the case.   He told me if he saw someone with PXG in their bag, he'd automatically think they were a good player. 

These days both companies have GI clubs, Titlesit with .the T300 or newer T400 are definitely made for any level of player.  PXG has Gen 2 0311 SGI and the newer Gen 3 0311 XP, both of those would be suitable for most higher caps as well. 

My statement holds true on that right now I don't have an established handicap, but will later this spring as I plan on playing in a lot of Veteran Golfer's Association (VGA) tourneys. I just finished a post about the VGA.

Since I think most people on this site are honest, I'll try to be also.  🤐  I have never broke 100 yet.  That changes this year as I haven't played but one or two times a year over the past 20 years or so.

22 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

My statement holds true on that right now I don't have an established handicap, but will later this spring as I plan on playing in a lot of Veteran Golfer's Association (VGA) tourneys. I just finished a post about the VGA.

Since I think most people on this site are honest, I'll try to be also.  🤐  I have never broke 100 yet.  That changes this year as I haven't played but one or two times a year over the past 20 years or so.

Gotcha, Hey we are all....well most of us....are just a couple bad holes away from shooting over 100, and I didn't start breaking 100 regularly until 2 or 3 years ago. 

I'm perhaps a different mindset than a lot of folks on here.  While I certainly understand getting the newest, latest clubs isn't going to alone help you to score better.  That said, I don't think anyone should let their ability keep them from getting a set of new clubs as long as they suitable to them.  Meaning nothing wrong with a 20 handicap getting a brand new set of G710 or something else along the GI line, if they can afford and they enjoy new clubs.   But certainly nothing wrong with the approach of I'll wait and get some new clubs as as reward for getting better either.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Honestly, the only thing keeping me from pursuing a set and a fitting are the cost. I see the value in these clubs from a larger picture.

The way they provide fittings is unlike any OEM. Personalized and dedicated as[mention=604]jmikecpa[/mention] recounted. The technology is there but I am more impressed with how Parsons has built his fitting process.

If it weren’t for having a child, hoping for another soon and stocking away for college and retirement I’d be all over this.

And just to add...I’d compare it to a mechanics tools. Why use Snap-On when you could use Kobalt? There is a top to bottom perception and actualization of quality. It makes sense.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That’s a very interesting comment because they offer multiple lines of irons and have two different options so imo it’s pretty easy to find a club that works for ones swing.

CG2 hits on an interesting point with the titleist pxg and too good to play from some good golfers. Both brands imo are similar in they want the serious golfer that’s investing in their game and want to get better and have them play the best clubs out there. Both brands offer a great lineup of clubs and multiple ways to get fit. Like Wilson, Cobra and some other brands that have the cheap moniker associated with them titleist has the im not good about to play them that needs to be shaken. If golfers put aside others takes and gave brands they aren’t accustomed to a chance they would be surprised how much good equipment is out threre.

18 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Honestly, the only thing keeping me from pursuing a set and a fitting are the cost. I see the value in these clubs from a larger picture.

The way they provide fittings is unlike any OEM. Personalized and dedicated as[mention=604]jmikecpa[/mention] recounted. The technology is there but I am more impressed with how Parsons has built his fitting process.

If it weren’t for having a child, hoping for another soon and stocking away for college and retirement I’d be all over this.

And just to add...I’d compare it to a mechanics tools. Why use Snap-On when you could use Kobalt? There is a top to bottom perception and actualization of quality. It makes sense.

I’ve been thru a pxg fitting as well as a titleist one and have been to various demo days for pretty much every brand out there.

I’m curious what you think pxg does fitting wise that other brands don’t do.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’ve been thru a pxg fitting as well as a titleist one and have been to various demo days for pretty much every brand out there.

I’m curious what you think pxg does fitting wise that other brands don’t do.

Cool, me too. I was a PING certified fitter; granted that was in 2005, I myself have a little bit of experience in fittings

Reading and listening to others experiences. Each of which have been overwhelmingly positive. When you exclude CC or TXG I haven’t heard consistently positive accounts of fittings compared to those who went through PXG.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

10 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Cool, me too. I’m also a PING certified fitter; granted that was in 2005, I myself have a little bit of experience in fittings emoji4.png

Reading and listening to others experiences. Each of which have been overwhelmingly positive. When you exclude CC or TXG I haven’t heard consistently positive accounts of fittings compared to those who went through PXG.

PXG definitely has some negativity around their recent fitting process. They have added a bunch of younger kids doing mobile fittings that are basically launch monitor experts and not real good at the aspects of fitting. I know of someone who has been thru a fitting at pxg hq that had a terrible experience with a fitter who wasn’t really interested in getting him into what worked best.

As for the master fitter and/or regional fitters are a better fitting experience. This is the fitting I went thru and was very similar to what how titleist Thursdays are. They are done by appointment and have all the shafts and heads available and the vast majority of time are with very good fitters. Like with any company there are good and bad fitters despite them being trained the same way at hq.

PXG fittings are on par with ping traveling tour van fittings and titleist Thursdays. I’m not aware of any other brands doing these type of fitting days.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 hours ago, gobama84 said:

Not only does he do all of that but he also gives Firefighters and Police Officers a First Responder discount too. Which is always a good thing. I remember when he started the company in addition to being a Veteran he earned my respect by stating he had the money to start a golf company building golf clubs the way he wanted to. He also stated that he did not care if he made a profit or not but he wanted to build golf clubs his way. if I had the disposable income he earned I would have done the same thing even though I will admit my clubs would have been different

G

11 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Not only does he do all of that but he also gives Firefighters and Police Officers a First Responder discount too. Which is always a good thing. I remember when he started the company in addition to being a Veteran he earned my respect by stating he had the money to start a golf company building golf clubs the way he wanted to. He also stated that he did not care if he made a profit or not but he wanted to build golf clubs his way. if I had the disposable income he earned I would have done the same thing even though I will admit my clubs would have been different

And I hope you know where he earned it. GoDaddy.com

27 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

And I hope you know where he earned it. GoDaddy.com

Oh yeah!!!

G