Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New Scotty Cameron Special Select Putters

Golfspy_CG2

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 17, 2020) – The new Scotty Cameron Special Select putter line blends timeless designs with modern craftsmanship to deliver pure tour-validated performance in eight new blade and mid-mallet setups precision milled in the USA.

Available Jan. 24 in North American golf shops (and March 27 worldwide), Special Select putters are inspired by the classic, solid milled designs that Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron has crafted for tour players around the world – featuring sleeker putter head profiles with thinner and flatter toplines, refined neck configurations, soft tri-soles and performance balanced weighting.

Each Special Select putter has been completely reworked, including Scotty’s classic Newport, Newport 2 and Newport 2.5 blade styles. A refined Del Mar joins the new Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet models.

QUOTING SCOTTY CAMERON

“I’m always inspired by the putters that result from working directly with the best players in the world,” Cameron said. “With Special Select, I wanted to get back to the pure-milled shapes and faces that I’ve been crafting for tour players for over two decades now. We’ve brought those designs into the modern era with new setups, necks, faces, grips and weights. Every aspect of every putter has been redone. When it all came together, it was pretty special.” 

SPECIAL SELECT PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY

Special Select putters are meticulously crafted to provide pure performance and feel through the following key features:

• TOUR-INSPIRED SHAPES: Sleeker putter head profiles with thinner, flatter toplines deliver confidence inspiring looks preferred by tour professionals.

• SOLID MILLED STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION: Every Special Select is milled in the United States from a block of solid 303 stainless steel for legendary performance and playability with consistent sound and soft feel.

• SOFT TRI-SOLE DESIGN: Special Select blade models are milled with a tour-inspired soft tri-sole design. This self-soling feature promotes a proper setup at address while providing a stable, aesthetically pleasing view of the topline from the moment the putter is placed on the green.

• PERFORMANCE BALANCED WEIGHTING: New performance balanced weighting expands on the use of Scotty’s interchangeable, customizable sole weights to tune the performance and feel of putters at all lengths. By directing more weight to the heel and toe, the sweet spot is enlarged and stability is enhanced back and through the stroke without compromising feel or each model’s unique toe flow properties. The blades come equipped with new tungsten sole weights, which allow for ultra-sleek, tour-validated shapes with larger sweet spots. The mid-mallets employ stainless steel sole weights for optimal balance and weight distribution.

• REFINED NECK CONFIGURATIONS: Each Special Select putter neck style has been revamped based on an intense and deliberate study in neck configurations. Newport, Newport 2 and Squareback 2 feature a slightly shorter plumbing neck for medium toe flow, with a newly-defined socket radius subtly repositioned with onset to provide clearer visibility of the leading edge at address. The Newport 2.5 and Fastback 1.5 each have a refined, toe flow-promoting small slant neck, while the rounded Flowback 5.5 comes with a new slantback neck for similar strokes. The heel-shafted Del Mar’s flow neck is designed for maximum toe flow. The GOLO-inspired Flowback 5 limits toe flow with a more traditional mid-bend, shaft-over-spud setup.

SPECIAL SELECT MODELS

The Special Select line offers golfers the choice of three blade models and five mid-mallet options developed for every stroke style.

Newport, Newport 2, Newport 2.5 models feature an insert-free, solid milled 303 stainless steel putter head with performance balanced tungsten sole weighting for a larger sweet spot and increased stability. Flatter and thinner toplines, milled flange sight lines, soft tri-soles and redesigned plumbing (Newport, Newport 2) and small slant (Newport 2.5) neck styles round out these timeless blade designs.

• A classic name returns with the new Special Select Del Mar in an updated heel-shafted, compact mallet model. Precision milled from solid 303 stainless steel, the new Del Mar features refined concave flange contours and a narrower, flatter topline for a player-preferred look at address, and customizable stainless steel sole weights. A left-handed Del Mar is also available.

• New Special Select Fastback 1.5, Squareback 2, Flowback 5 and Flowback 5.5 mid-mallet putters combine 6061 aircraft aluminum sole plates for optimal weight distribution with solid milled faces and interchangeable stainless steel sole weights. Each has a specific neck style – Fastback 1.5 (small slant), Squareback 2 (plumbing), Flowback (mid-bend shaft-over-spud) and Flowback 5.5 (slantback) – to facilitate better leading edge visibility from address, as well as desired toe flow properties.

• CLICK HERE FOR AN OVERVIEW OF EACH SPECIAL SELECT PUTTER

ACCESSORIES

Each Special Select putter is accessorized with a new Pistolini Plus grip in cement gray with distinctive white lettering that retains the Pistolini shape with a slightly built up lower hand profile. This new grip complements an elegantly embroidered, red abrasion-resistant Special Select headcover with superior wear characteristics.

REFINED AESTHETICS

Scotty gave the Special Select line’s raw stainless steel finish a unique bead blast for a radiant yet glare resistant appearance. Additionally, Scotty’s signature three red dot pattern on the back cavity has a new look. Each dot has been milled with a recessed circular channel, polished and then hand-painted with cherry red translucent paint, creating a striking new “cherry rings” feature. 

AVAILABILITY

Special Select putters will be available Jan. 24 in North America and March 27 worldwide through Titleist authorized golf shops. MAP $399.

ON THE WEB

http://www.scottycameron.com/special-select/

Special_Select_Family.jpg

Special_Select_Newport_Newport2.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So much goodness in this release. The return to the milled face and no insert is the best part. Love the tri sole and while not in the market for a putter I’ll roll these next time I’m at my local shop. One may end up in the collection.

In reading other forums and online groups there gripes about the headcover and font but the ones that have seen them in person love the look of them. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Love the return to all milled putters but really hate the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

no insert is good..I like the button back look.

other than that we have seen these 100x before.....nothing "special" about these to me.  I think im just bored of Cameron releases. We all know they are fine tools and the craftsmanship is great. 

Golf is cool

Like others have said I love them going back to a milled face...

But I still think mine from the 2012 Select line looks better...

IMG_4149.jpg

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Like others have said I love them going back to a milled face...

But I still think mine from the 2012 Select line looks better...

IMG_4149.thumb.jpg.c36e30489f3f427b99a4390e086b941d.jpg

That is why I have a Golo, Newport, Newport 2 and Golo CS from that line. May have one or two more from that line that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

WITB 2024

And I will take a Del Mar

WITB 2024

Don’t like that aluminum plate on the bottom of the Squareback. Glad i bought a squareback 1 from 2008 on ebay

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

IMG_0254.JPGIMG_0255.JPG

Picked this bad boy up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

“I should of yelled Two!”

Driver: PXG 0811x Gen 4 / Tour AD TP6s

3W: PXG 0341x Gen 1 / Tour AD TP6s

3HY: :taylormade-small: GAPR / KBS Stiff

4-PW: :taylormade-small: P770 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2”

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport 35

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

Cart: Clicgear 4.0

45 minutes ago, Ward Jackson said:

Can anybody tell me what putter JB Holmes is using today at Torrey Pines?

It’s a scotty prototype. He’s used a 009 last year

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I love everything but the head cover colors.

I’m with you on that one. Replacing it with a custom one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 / Nippon Pro Modus 3 120 Stiff + 1/2” 50-09, 54-11, 60-10

Going to be picking up the Newport 2 in the Special Select and making some modifications via the Custom shop --- would be interested in everyone's opinion on adding a topline sight (dot) and whether or not I should keep it the same color as the flange line, or change the flange line coloring to something subtle (perhaps “No Fill”)

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.28.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 2.28.12 PM.png

Edited by DJP

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0791.thumb.JPG.08a2af248b69d836a891419e04c16e04.JPGIMG_0790.thumb.JPG.80bb06a64426cbf847d70f8c34467ff2.JPGIMG_0795.thumb.JPG.c5d571339100a3312b9587c820f0b060.JPGIMG_0793.thumb.JPG.5e06746f31cb88c76ecfa89a2dac204f.JPG

A little custom work.

• 2 months later...

I want that squareback!

M5 Taylormade w/Hazrds Yellow (small batch)

Ping G410 Hybrid w/Evenflow protoype

Taylormade 4-PW P-750 w/C-Taper Lite 

Taylormade HiToe 50, 54, 60 w/project-x 

Scotty Squareback or Spyder X 

Custom paint looks great.  I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on one

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277