Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

Sergio with PING in the Bag

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

I mentioned in the happy thread I believe that Johnathan Wall posted some goodness about Sergio with mostly a PING bag. Besides two Taylormade FW Metals, its all PING.

 

I think this is a great move for Sergio if he is looking for a new sponsor, or even stay a free agent. A lot of grumbling about how people think him and Callaway split. Yes, a bit of a temper, but I highly doubt that was the only reason. Being a dad, with all of the marketing commitments would be tiresome with a tour players schedule.

 

Adding another great player to the stable for PING seems like great advertisement, especially when he is playing on the European Tour events. I’m not a businessman, but this seems like a no brainer.

 

And... he isn’t playing too bad with the PING sticks either.

 

Obviously just my opinion, but it seems to have the makings of a long time partnership.

 

What do you all make of it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of PING on the Champions Tour and LPGA.  I'm seeing a trend here.  If you are getting older and/or swing like a girl... 🤣

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There definitely was a fall in performance after his move to Callaway. He had some additional distractions outside of golf too, so this will be interesting to watch to see if the equipment change helps him find more top 10s.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Shankster said:

 

I mentioned in the happy thread I believe that Johnathan Wall posted some goodness about Sergio with mostly a PING bag. Besides two Taylormade FW Metals, its all PING.

 

I think this is a great move for Sergio if he is looking for a new sponsor, or even stay a free agent. A lot of grumbling about how people think him and Callaway split. Yes, a bit of a temper, but I highly doubt that was the only reason. Being a dad, with all of the marketing commitments would be tiresome with a tour players schedule.

 

Adding another great player to the stable for PING seems like great advertisement, especially when he is playing on the European Tour events. I’m not a businessman, but this seems like a no brainer.

 

And... he isn’t playing too bad with the PING sticks either.

 

Obviously just my opinion, but it seems to have the makings of a long time partnership.

 

What do you all make of it?

 

He hasn’t signed a deal with them. He mentioned in an interview he wasn’t to test out Ping and TaylorMade. He’s having success with the current setup and while pros like success he’s a free agent so at any slight hiccup he could swap them out especially if he wants to test some TaylorMade which is a brand he’s very familiar with 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He hasn’t signed a deal with them. He mentioned in an interview he wasn’t to test out Ping and TaylorMade. He’s having success with the current setup and while pros like success he’s a free agent so at any slight hiccup he could swap them out especially if he wants to test some TaylorMade which is a brand he’s very familiar with 


Right. I agree, not sure why he left in the first place (Taylormade) or Justin Rose for that matter. I’m sure money was at least part of the issue. I guess when you have Tiger Woods and a bunch of former world number 1’s... you might not need a JR or SG on your roster.

Still, id love to see Sergio with a PING logo on the side of his hat, just something about it says “match”.

Knowing my luck at things happening, he will sign with Honma along with JR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any mention on what ball SG is playing?

Justin Rose was not resigned by TaylorMade after they were sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any mention on what ball SG is playing?
Justin Rose was not resigned by TaylorMade after they were sold.


Looks like a V1x if the other outlets are reporting correctly. Just give me a passport, platinum American Express Card, camera, and a MacBook and I’ll go cover the European Tour events... all of them.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shankster said:

 


Right. I agree, not sure why he left in the first place (Taylormade) or Justin Rose for that matter. I’m sure money was at least part of the issue. I guess when you have Tiger Woods and a bunch of former world number 1’s... you might not need a JR or SG on your roster.

Still, id love to see Sergio with a PING logo on the side of his hat, just something about it says “match”.

Knowing my luck at things happening, he will sign with Honma along with JR.

 

He wasn’t re-signed because of money. When you have Tiger, Rory, DJ, Rahm, Day and trying to reduce expenditures guys like Sergio and Rose were expendable as were the pay to play deals. The interesting thing is TM drivers/woods are still the main choice of many of the non staff tour players 

1 hour ago, Miboy62 said:

Any mention on what ball SG is playing?

Justin Rose was not resigned by TaylorMade after they were sold.

He’s been using prov1x since last fall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm seeing a trend here.  If you are getting older and/or swing like a girl... 🤣

I resemble both of those.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s obvious that Sergio was lurking the boards and saw the success that@Shankster was having with these clubs.

There is literally no other explanation


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it’s obvious that Sergio was lurking the boards and saw the success that[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] was having with these clubs.

There is literally no other explanation


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


Haha. Has to be. I’m surprised he doesn’t Bridgestone Tour B wedges yet.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 10 with them in the bag. I wonder how long the Blueprint Honeymoon will last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Top 10 with them in the bag. I wonder how long the Blueprint Honeymoon will last.

Just a top 10...  but, but... he won last September on the Euro tour with Callaway!!

Which comes first?  A Sergio win or a Sergio childish act like damaging greens, tee boxes, or throwing a club at his caddie?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a top 10...  but, but... he won last September on the Euro tour with Callaway!!
Which comes first?  A Sergio win or a Sergio childish act like damaging greens, tee boxes, or throwing a club at his caddie?


Well after Hosungs club throw that darn near hit his playing partner in the head...

Call me crazy but I think the Players Championship has Sergios name on it this year.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...