TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sergio with PING in the Bag

Shankster

I mentioned in the happy thread I believe that Johnathan Wall posted some goodness about Sergio with mostly a PING bag. Besides two Taylormade FW Metals, its all PING.

I think this is a great move for Sergio if he is looking for a new sponsor, or even stay a free agent. A lot of grumbling about how people think him and Callaway split. Yes, a bit of a temper, but I highly doubt that was the only reason. Being a dad, with all of the marketing commitments would be tiresome with a tour players schedule.

Adding another great player to the stable for PING seems like great advertisement, especially when he is playing on the European Tour events. I’m not a businessman, but this seems like a no brainer.

And... he isn’t playing too bad with the PING sticks either.

Obviously just my opinion, but it seems to have the makings of a long time partnership.

What do you all make of it?

Lots of PING on the Champions Tour and LPGA.  I'm seeing a trend here.  If you are getting older and/or swing like a girl... 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

There definitely was a fall in performance after his move to Callaway. He had some additional distractions outside of golf too, so this will be interesting to watch to see if the equipment change helps him find more top 10s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

41 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I mentioned in the happy thread I believe that Johnathan Wall posted some goodness about Sergio with mostly a PING bag. Besides two Taylormade FW Metals, its all PING.

I think this is a great move for Sergio if he is looking for a new sponsor, or even stay a free agent. A lot of grumbling about how people think him and Callaway split. Yes, a bit of a temper, but I highly doubt that was the only reason. Being a dad, with all of the marketing commitments would be tiresome with a tour players schedule.

Adding another great player to the stable for PING seems like great advertisement, especially when he is playing on the European Tour events. I’m not a businessman, but this seems like a no brainer.

And... he isn’t playing too bad with the PING sticks either.

Obviously just my opinion, but it seems to have the makings of a long time partnership.

What do you all make of it?

He hasn’t signed a deal with them. He mentioned in an interview he wasn’t to test out Ping and TaylorMade. He’s having success with the current setup and while pros like success he’s a free agent so at any slight hiccup he could swap them out especially if he wants to test some TaylorMade which is a brand he’s very familiar with 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

He hasn’t signed a deal with them. He mentioned in an interview he wasn’t to test out Ping and TaylorMade. He’s having success with the current setup and while pros like success he’s a free agent so at any slight hiccup he could swap them out especially if he wants to test some TaylorMade which is a brand he’s very familiar with 

Right. I agree, not sure why he left in the first place (Taylormade) or Justin Rose for that matter. I’m sure money was at least part of the issue. I guess when you have Tiger Woods and a bunch of former world number 1’s... you might not need a JR or SG on your roster.

Still, id love to see Sergio with a PING logo on the side of his hat, just something about it says “match”.

Knowing my luck at things happening, he will sign with Honma along with JR.

Any mention on what ball SG is playing?

Justin Rose was not resigned by TaylorMade after they were sold.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Looks like a V1x if the other outlets are reporting correctly. Just give me a passport, platinum American Express Card, camera, and a MacBook and I’ll go cover the European Tour events... all of them.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Right. I agree, not sure why he left in the first place (Taylormade) or Justin Rose for that matter. I’m sure money was at least part of the issue. I guess when you have Tiger Woods and a bunch of former world number 1’s... you might not need a JR or SG on your roster.

Still, id love to see Sergio with a PING logo on the side of his hat, just something about it says “match”.

Knowing my luck at things happening, he will sign with Honma along with JR.

He wasn’t re-signed because of money. When you have Tiger, Rory, DJ, Rahm, Day and trying to reduce expenditures guys like Sergio and Rose were expendable as were the pay to play deals. The interesting thing is TM drivers/woods are still the main choice of many of the non staff tour players 

1 hour ago, Miboy62 said:

He’s been using prov1x since last fall 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'm seeing a trend here.  If you are getting older and/or swing like a girl... 🤣

I resemble both of those.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I think it’s obvious that Sergio was lurking the boards and saw the success that@Shankster was having with these clubs.

There is literally no other explanation

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I think it’s obvious that Sergio was lurking the boards and saw the success that[mention=69396]Shankster[/mention] was having with these clubs.

There is literally no other explanation

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Haha. Has to be. I’m surprised he doesn’t Bridgestone Tour B wedges yet.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Top 10 with them in the bag. I wonder how long the Blueprint Honeymoon will last.

Just a top 10...  but, but... he won last September on the Euro tour with Callaway!!

Which comes first?  A Sergio win or a Sergio childish act like damaging greens, tee boxes, or throwing a club at his caddie?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just a top 10...  but, but... he won last September on the Euro tour with Callaway!!
Which comes first?  A Sergio win or a Sergio childish act like damaging greens, tee boxes, or throwing a club at his caddie?

Well after Hosungs club throw that darn near hit his playing partner in the head...

Call me crazy but I think the Players Championship has Sergios name on it this year.