Shankster

Farmers Insurance Open

Our Sponsors

Kevin Tway trending... the wrong direction 😞.  My only player was keeping Team Fix relevant - then shoots a 74 yesterday.  

On 1/24/2020 at 6:38 PM, TR1PTIK said:

What is going on with Rahmbo’s swing??? He’s missed so many shots today.

I think he found it 

40 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I think he found it 

I’d say so!!! He tore it up today and that 3-wood from 295 or whatever that came up just short of the bunker down the stretch was smoked!

• Like 1

Nice comeback by Tiger

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

That was something, for sure. The cup spit it back out.

For those that missed it or don’t have PGA Tour Live. Jim Nantz confirmed Kobe Bryant was among those who died in a helicopter crash this morning in Calabasas. Nantz came on (voice only) just as coverage was concluding and was noticeably shook. Sad day in the sports world...

• Like 2

For those that missed it or don’t have PGA Tour Live. Jim Nantz confirmed Kobe Bryant was among those who died in a helicopter crash this morning in Calabasas. Nantz came on (voice only) just as coverage was concluding and was noticeably shook. Sad day in the sports world...

Some initial reports are saying all of Kobe’s daughters were with him

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

7 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Just saw that on Twitter. Nothing confirmed yet. 😔

Hope that’s incorrect.

• Like 1

Just saw that on Twitter. Nothing confirmed yet.

Yeah. A couple Steelers twitter accounts I follow are saying it is confirmed to be wrong but have no way of knowing for sure. I sure hope it isn’t true.

Hope that’s incorrect.

I posted in the Kobe thread as well but there are reports out that sources confirm his wife and children were not on board.

So far TMZ (which was first to confirm Kobe was onboard) is the only source currently saying that his 13 year old daughter Gianna was also onboard. Supposedly they were heading to the Mamba Academy for basketball practice. Plenty more reports stating that wife and all four daughters are safe however. Obviously, an evolving story...

EDIT: Just saw that ESPN is also claiming to have a source that backs up the news that Gianna was onboard.

• Like 1

So far TMZ (which was first to confirm Kobe was onboard) is the only source currently saying that his 13 year old daughter Gianna was also onboard. Supposedly they were heading to the Mamba Academy for basketball practice. Plenty more reports stating that wife and all four daughters are safe however. Obviously, an evolving story...
EDIT: Just saw that ESPN is also claiming to have a source that backs up the news that Gianna was onboard.

Just saw this as well. Truly a sad day.

That was something, for sure. The cup spit it back out.

Never seen anything like that - so weird.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Is it just me or does it feel like CBS is dropping the ball on this story given Tiger's relationship with Kobe? Obviously, they have an obligation to stick close to the leaders and focus on the tournament, but how this news impacts the rest of Tiger's round appears to just be buried...

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

Is it just me or does it feel like CBS is dropping the ball on this story given Tiger's relationship with Kobe? Obviously, they have an obligation to stick close to the leaders and focus on the tournament, but how this news impacts the rest of Tiger's round appears to just be buried...

There were reports he knew during the round then iirc around hole 16 they mentioned that tiger might not know and it sounds like he didn’t know until he finished.

at the start of tv coverage nance mentioned they had a tournament to show/cover. I think they’ve done a good job balancing the story and the tourney 

• Like 2

I was in and out of the room for the broadcast so I must have missed what they did say. There were reports floating around that CBS said LaCava told Tiger shortly after the news broke. Didn’t realize he didn’t know. That makes sense. I thought it was odd that anyone would say something during the middle of his round anyway.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TR1PTIK said:

I was in and out of the room for the broadcast so I must have missed what they did say. There were reports floating around that CBS said LaCava told Tiger shortly after the news broke. Didn’t realize he didn’t know. That makes sense. I thought it was odd that anyone would say something during the middle of his round anyway.

Yeah they mentioned that and even commented about how tiger looked. Sounds like they assumed that since his caddie knew that he told tiger 

• Like 1