Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Finally!!! PING G710 Irons Revealed

Golfspy_CG2

For months now there has been talk of the upcoming G710 irons an update to the ultra successful G710 irons released in 2017.   One of the best looking game improvement irons on the market, how could PING improve on them.    Well read and SEE below for yourself. 

PING introduces G710 distance iron
with Arccos Caddie Smart Grips

PHOENIX (January 20, 2020): In the new G710 irons, PING engineers deliver golfers more
distance and forgiveness in a sleek, dark finish, PING President John K. Solheim announced
today.
The new irons are available for custom fitting and pre-order at authorized PING golf shops
around the world beginning today.
“The G710 iron is our longest, most forgiving iron to date. It’s engineered for golfers who want to
maximize both distance and forgiveness,” Solheim said. “In designing it, we also advanced
other important attributes such as consistency, sound and feel without sacrificing performance.
The hydropearl stealth chrome finish gives it a very sleek and attractive look. It’s a beautiful,
high-performance design that will have broad appeal for golfers who want to hit the ball longer
and straighter.
Solheim also announced the new G710 irons come standard with Arccos Caddie Smart Grips
and a free trial of the Arccos Caddie app. “I personally started using Arccos more than a year
ago and have seen significant improvement across my entire game,” he said. “It helps me
during a round with club selection, and I really enjoy analyzing all the data after the round to
uncover areas to help me play better. The Arccos Caddie app is a tremendous shot-tracking tool
to help golfers lower their scores and have more fun on the course.”
Precision Machined, Maraging Steel Face
One of the strongest aerospace-grade alloys in the world, maraging steel provides strength and
flexibility for launching shots higher and farther. High durability coupled with a machined
variable-thickness face make an ideal pairing for distance.
“We’ve continued to employ maraging steel in several products where maximizing face flexing is
a performance priority,” said Solheim. “Our engineers have optimized the bending of the G710
face to increase ball speeds for more distance and higher trajectories, producing shots that land
softer and hold the green. It’s a distance iron that delivers consistent distance, a very rare
combination for an iron of this type.”

5% Higher MOI

High-density tungsten toe and heel weights optimally positioned in the 17-4 stainless body
increase the MOI by 5% compared to the G700, producing exceptional forgiveness for more
distance and accuracy, especially for mid-to-high handicaps and slower swing speeds.
“Forgiveness continues to be at the top of our list when it comes to iron design,” Solheim said.
“In a hollow-body design, our goal is to balance a variety of attributes to help golfers hit the ball
significantly farther while hitting more greens. The G710 iron’s extremely high MOI is a result of
strategically positioning weight on the toe and inside the hosel to make it our most forgiving iron.
We’ve also greatly enhanced the feel and sound through extensive modal analysis, which
helped us eliminate certain undesirable frequencies.”
Hydropearl Stealth Chrome Finish
A hydropearl chrome finish with black PVD coating provides hydrophobicity to repel water and
improve performance through the turf and in wet conditions. The two-stage coating process
ensures durability and the darker finish creates the perception of a smaller, more compact head.
Alta Distanza Black 40 Graphite Shaft
The proprietary PING shaft is a no-upcharge option in the G710 iron and offers the lightest
weight and max trajectory height available in a PING iron shaft. A more active tip in the 43-gram
shaft delivers higher trajectories and best matches golfers with slower swing speeds.
Arccos Caddie Smart Grip & Arccos Caddie app
The Arccos Caddie Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet Smart Grip is standard on every G710 iron in
one of three sizes (Aqua -1/64", White Std., Gold +1/32"). Each iron is custom built with an
embedded sensor in the grip to automatically record and analyze every shot taken during a
round when paired with the Arccos Caddie app. Golfers receive a 90-day free trial of the app
(then $99.99 annual subscription) and eight additional screw-in sensors at no charge after the
purchase of six or more G710 irons. Fulfillment of the additional free sensors comes directly
from PING and requires users to first download the Arccos Caddie app.
G710 Iron Specifications:
Multi-material design: Hollow-body 17-4 stainless steel head, plasma-welded maraging steel
face, machined face and grooves, tungsten toe and hosel weights
Finish: Hydropearl Stealth
Available 4-9, PW, UW, SW in 10 color codes (lie angle). Black is standard.
Standard grips: Arccos Caddie Smart Grip/Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet in three sizes (Aqua -
1/64", White Std., Gold +1/32")
Optional grips: Golf Pride 360 Tour Velvet in six sizes (Blue -1/16", Red -1/32", Aqua -1/64",
White Std., Gold +1/32", Orange +1/16")

Shaft options: Stock steel shaft -- PING AWT 2.0 (R, S, X); Stock graphite shafts -- Alta CB Red
(counter-balanced) powered by AWT (SR, R, X), Alta Distanza Black 40, UST Recoil 760 ES
SMACWRAP (A), UST Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP (R, S)
Aftermarket steel shaft options (no upcharge): True Temper Dynamic Gold (S300, X100),
Dynamic Gold 105 (R300, S300), Dynamic Gold 120 (S300, X100) Project X LZ (5.0, 5.5, 6.0,
6.5), True Temper XP95 (R, S,), Nippon NS Pro Modus 105 (S, X), KBS Tour (R, S, X)
U.S. MSRP: $175 per iron w/steel shaft; $190 per iron w/graphite shaft. 

PING G710.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

These have been much anticipated and if they improved on the g700 the will be a hot commodity in the distance irons category 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

40 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

These have been much anticipated and if they improved on the g700 the will be a hot commodity in the distance irons category 

I would say they improved the looks right off the bat, and from reading the blog peice on it, the finish and sound have been improved.  So these could be a real winner!

These look amazing. Why do they come out with shiny new toys that make you want new ones every year?! No chance I can afford them, but the local golf shop might get a visit so I can hit them...

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Wow looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

The demo heads just showed up today. Got a few close ups

IMG_0657.JPGIMG_0658.JPGIMG_0659.JPGIMG_0660.JPG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

For reference here is the G700 and G710 toplines

IMG_0662.JPG

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

I saw these pop up on YouTube this morning with 2nd Swing and Crossfield and had to give them a watch. They definitely look better that the G700's IMO, and that's saying something because I absolutely loved the looks of them. Can't wait to see them in person.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Sometimes less really is more, I like the simple and clean aesthetic. These will appeal to a wide range of player ability. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I also think that between the black color and some slight tweaking that top line looks a nice bit thinner than the G700 and with a little less off-set it would not at address look too far off from the I500s currently in my bag. Really sharp looking.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Such a great looking SGI! I think that will be a huge hit! I'm curious if i510 will have the same finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Definitely a good looking club!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hmmmm I'm wondering if there will be a testing opportunity.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Hmmmm I'm wondering if there will be a testing opportunity.

Hope they do but when the weather is cooperating. Ping wouldn’t do anything until the PGA show is history.
To me they (pix) don’t look like SGI irons which should help sales.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I like the way the left the club face stainless and rest of club is black. I’ve always loved the black look....but, they look like crap after a few rounds. This might be their answer to that problem!! Good looking club.

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

Are they still using the"hydroperal 2.0" finish?  I'm on the fence with the two tone color... at least based on pics.  Maybe I'll like them more when I see them firsthand. I agree that it does not jump out as a SGI club, particularly from the top, and that will definitely help sales.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Wow, I’m gonna make a bold statement and say those are the best looking SGI clubs ever made... I’ll also say that these will be the some of the top SGI clubs of the year. Really slick looking clubs. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are they still using the"hydroperal 2.0" finish?  I'm on the fence with the two tone color... at least based on pics.  Maybe I'll like them more when I see them firsthand. I agree that it does not jump out as a SGI club, particularly from the top, and that will definitely help sales.  

From the Blog article: 

“A double-layered hydropearl stealth finish. The first layer is a standard chrome plating. The next layer is a thin black PVD coating and the hydrophobic elements help repel water and offer better performance in wet conditions. 

Two layers should prove to be more durable than one. However, the choice of PVD is a bit curious. Dark colors allow large items to appear somewhat smaller which comes in handy on bigger irons such as the G710.”

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

They look really nice.  I love the cleaner lines of this and who doesn't like black clubs.  A few concerns however, how long will the black face last?  I have seen tons of black irons before and over time (usually half a season sometimes more) you start to see wear marks on the face and bottom of the club.  My second dislike is the large offset.  Don't get me wrong, I know why it's there, I just don't like it.  Out of the box though they look really nice!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

52 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

They look really nice.  I love the cleaner lines of this and who doesn't like black clubs.  A few concerns however, how long will the black face last?  I have seen tons of black irons before and over time (usually half a season sometimes more) you start to see wear marks on the face and bottom of the club.  My second dislike is the large offset.  Don't get me wrong, I know why it's there, I just don't like it.  Out of the box though they look really nice!

Actually the faces remained Gray with just the toe and heel in black.  This was done to reduce the wearing on the face, but at the same time, it looks very nice at address, very confidence inspiring.  

Here's a good look at it from MNG review.  It's at the 1:42 mark

Love the look of these...I got fitted into 410s last year and just didnt like the look of the 700s so didnt consider them but would have given these a look. I'm a fan of the black clubs, I have Glide 2.0 Stealths and love the color on those. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

18 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Actually the faces remained Gray with just the toe and heel in black.  This was done to reduce the wearing on the face, but at the same time, it looks very nice at address, very confidence inspiring.  

That sounds good.  My friend, a few years back, bought black irons and they looked amazing when he first got them.  About two months later he hated looking down at them because he could see all the wear marks.  It made the clubs look old before their time.  So this sounds promising. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I’m very pleased to see the light shaft option. Smart move by Ping IMO.

These would be in my wheel house were I in the market for new irons.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

pretty good video by 2nd swing on 710 vs 700 comparison and some trackman numbers...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, TM Sim2 19*, Cobra F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft #1 w/UST
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

They seem really long to my eye, I guess I like shorter clubs

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

They seem really long to my eye, I guess I like shorter clubs

Could be longer, I need to touchy feely .

Rick

Left Hand, 

When the Demo sets hit the Golf Shops I’m going to try and get a LH G710 and put it up against the G410.
The Golf Shop has been great to me and I’m sure they’ll give me the Demo time and LM time.
After “Bird Season” of course

Rick

Left Hand,