Jump to content
Tsecor

New Chromesoft

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I don’t see a Titleist ball thread. So I guess I’ll ask here since they keep getting brought up. As I am a CS guy and don’t care much for Titleist equipment. If the Prov1 and prov1x are supposedly the cream of the crop golf ball at $52  a dozen, what is the draw for anyone to buy the AVX for the same $52 a dozen? Is AVX different? Is it marketed to different players, Titleist has said numerous times that the prov1 and prov1x will work for everyone. So why the AVX? I really am just curious on this. 

https://youtu.be/LIezC3ClNXU

 

here is a testing video on both. AVX is lower spinning for more distance, but its so close, it really doesnt make all that much difference. The V1x has been the gold standard expecially when you look at thetesting that PING does.....even PING says the V1X is the best in all conditions, especially wind.....ping has no skin in the ball game and they love the V1x and use it to test their own clubs. 

Edited by Tsecor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I don’t see a Titleist ball thread. So I guess I’ll ask here since they keep getting brought up. As I am a CS guy and don’t care much for Titleist equipment. If the Prov1 and prov1x are supposedly the cream of the crop golf ball at $52  a dozen, what is the draw for anyone to buy the AVX for the same $52 a dozen? Is AVX different? Is it marketed to different players, Titleist has said numerous times that the prov1 and prov1x will work for everyone. So why the AVX? I really am just curious on this. 

The retail price is $47.99 for all 3 tour balls from titleist. What titleist says is that compression doesn’t matter and that all swing speeds can use the Prov1 or Prov1x. The avx gives an option for someone who prefers, wants or needs lower ball flight and less spin. I have a friend who is high spin player with all clubs and is a scratch hdcp. He can play those versions of balls with no problem. With the avx he can bring his spin down without sacrificing anything in his game.

What titleist says is that compression doesn’t matter and that all swing speeds can use the Prov1 or Prov1x. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 12:00 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

The retail price is $47.99 for all 3 tour balls from titleist. What titleist says is that compression doesn’t matter and that all swing speeds can use the Prov1 or Prov1x. The avx gives an option for someone who prefers, wants or needs lower ball flight and less spin. I have a friend who is high spin player with all clubs and is a scratch hdcp. He can play those versions of balls with no problem. With the avx he can bring his spin down without sacrificing anything in his game.

What titleist says is that compression doesn’t matter and that all swing speeds can use the Prov1 or Prov1x. 

I just didn’t understand the difference between the New AVX and the ProV balls. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the Chrome softs, the new version hits retail  shelves tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone started cutting these new balls open? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlanMP said:

Has anyone started cutting these new balls open? 

I haven’t seen anything but they have only been available for order for about a week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I haven’t seen anything but they have only been available for order for about a week or so.

Released to retail today. Prior to today all I could find was pre order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Released to retail today. Prior to today all I could find was pre order. 

 I got email from dsg this morning, couldnt remember if it had been more than a week since preorder, just had March 6th in my head for some reason.

Guessing they probably didn’t send out any pre release balls to “reviewers” over the chance of getting cut open and even if 1 was off center the chance for that to kill sales 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

 I got email from dsg this morning, couldnt remember if it had been more than a week since preorder, just had March 6th in my head for some reason.

Guessing they probably didn’t send out any pre release balls to “reviewers” over the chance of getting cut open and even if 1 was off center the chance for that to kill sales 

I think March 6 was probably pretty close to the preorder email. Not sure if anyone received them for a review or not. I will have some for the weekend round and report back on the performance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to get some of these to play. Not the yellow and black but I was able to use the white and red Truvis. This ball feels different to the touch. The cover feels better than previous, it also performed very well. It was I bit longer from the tee Compared to previous model, and it stopped much better than previous models, I think has to do with the cover. I looked like the Truvis pattern was slightly different as well, but I haven’t put them side by side yet to look closely enough. Over all I liked the new ball. I was talking to our club pro who plays PROV1 and he said since all of his tournaments are cancelled he is going to try this ball. He said they feel much different to the touch and is curious how they will perform. I will check back with him after he tries them to see his likes and dislikes. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts on them as a former touring pro. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...