Jump to content
Tsecor

New Bridgestone lineup

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Wow. Just read the Bridgestone blog post. I was very tired this morning, but now im jazzed up to my blood is pumping 1.5 mph increase in ball speed? whaaat? lets hope this is not just marketing. I cannot wait to try these balls. This seems like a real game changer. 

 

thoughts??

Edited by Tsecor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any specific model ball they are saying has a 15 mph increase in ball speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe it says 1.5........................not 15mph. I too mistook it early

"Bridgestone confirms that, across the board, with all four balls (the Tour B X, XS, RX, and RXS) and for all types of players, ranging from Tiger, Bryson and Kuchar to you, me and Wally the 23-handicap from down the street, they’ve seen the same performance results for everyone: roughly 1.5 MPH more ball speed with the driver and roughly 350 more RPM on a 15-yard pitch compared to the 2018 Tour B’s."

Edited by Trial&Error
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did some Trackman verification in doing the new ball test, I saw a 2.5 mph increase over the 6th gen Srixon Z Star.  With the additional spin it gave to keep the ball in the air a bit longer, I picked up an average of 17 yards carry distance.  Weather has kept me off the course for real world validation, but I'm excited to see what happens.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

Im curious about the x and rx. I was fit into rx several times prior to 2015. I tried the x back then and it wasn’t bad, xs had too much spin for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Im curious about the x and rx. I was fit into rx several times prior to 2015. I tried the x back then and it wasn’t bad, xs had too much spin for me.

 

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the XS.  Between my dynamic loft and speed, I am worried that the extra spin off the mid and scoring irons would actually be detrimental to me.  I wish they were offering split packs at launch so that I could test them head to head without having to buy a dozen of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the XS.  Between my dynamic loft and speed, I am worried that the extra spin off the mid and scoring irons would actually be detrimental to me.  I wish they were offering split packs at launch so that I could test them head to head without having to buy a dozen of each.

Even a two ball trial pack would be good. Iirc they did that with the e series ball but don’t remember if they did with the tour release, hopefully they do that here as I’m the same way and don’t want to have to buy a dozen of each

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

Give v-fit a try, seriously. I was surprised that it was as accurate as it was when @mr.hicksta and I tried it for the white box test. What we saw on the course, and what the numbers showed were pretty close.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not worried about about driver numbers though. It's full wedge and mid iron that have me puzzled as well to which ball would be better for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I'm honestly not worried about about driver numbers though. It's full wedge and mid iron that have me puzzled as well to which ball would be better for me 

True, hopefully they'll have the tester pack again, but if you like the B X now I think you'll like the new one just the same if not a little more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interested in this......  1.5MPH ball speed would be hard to turn down... but a little more spin around the green may be even harder to turn down.

My Pro V1x's are officially on notice.  I'll have to get a sleeve when they're available to try.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jlukes said:

I'm honestly not worried about about driver numbers though. It's full wedge and mid iron that have me puzzled as well to which ball would be better for me 

The Tour B XS doesn't have the zip of a Pro v1 on full wedges/mid irons but it hits and stops on a dime. I haven't seen the ball pull back quite as much but the greens are dormant in Houston so there might not be much zip for any ball. 

I'm just super pumped I bought 5 dozen of the prior Tour B XS in the fall and it will take me probably a year to burn through the stash. Heaven forbid I just be patient until the new ball comes out. 

FWIW, I was never a fan of the Tour B X, especially on the colder days. Maybe I don't compress the ball as much as I used to but I get such a better/more consistent ball flight and carry with the XS than I do with the X. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Im curious about the x and rx. I was fit into rx several times prior to 2015. I tried the x back then and it wasn’t bad, xs had too much spin for me.

 

According to MGS, it seems X actually has more back spin on wedge shots... Was the problem with irons and Driver?

Screenshot_20200210-071648_Edge.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Green Sheep Productions said:

According to MGS, it seems X actually has more back spin on wedge shots... Was the problem with irons and Driver?

Screenshot_20200210-071648_Edge.jpg

Driver and irons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to receive 2- 2 ball packs from Bridgestone, The TourB RX and these are by far better than the 2019 model I played last year. Consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee, and straighter too. Not so "clicky" off the putter and much better ball flight off the long, mid and short irons. I can't speak much about wedges and my wedge game last week was in the tank. But from my experience this past week on the course all the hype is true.,

Chris

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, LeftyHawk said:

I was lucky enough to receive 2- 2 ball packs from Bridgestone, The TourB RX and these are by far better than the 2019 model I played last year. Consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee, and straighter too. Not so "clicky" off the putter and much better ball flight off the long, mid and short irons. I can't speak much about wedges and my wedge game last week was in the tank. But from my experience this past week on the course all the hype is true.,

Chris

Just so nobody gets confused the previous model is a 2018 ball not 2019. Bridgestone has a 2 year cycle on balls

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Just so nobody gets confused the previous model is a 2018 ball not 2019. Bridgestone has a 2 year cycle on balls

Thanks!!! I was not aware of that.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I've been told by people in the industry, on partial shots where the core isn't compressed, spin is generated from from the soft cover working against a firmer mantle/core. Therefore a firmer ball may spin more 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jlukes said:

From what I've been told by people in the industry, on partial shots where the core isn't compressed, spin is generated from from the soft cover working against a firmer mantle/core. Therefore a firmer ball may spin more 

Makes sense to me........I'm one of the white box testers selected here and was fitted for the Tour BX. I don't like it at all. Feels very hard and clicky and is very spinny off the driver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...