Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

New Bridgestone lineup

Tsecor

Wow. Just read the Bridgestone blog post. I was very tired this morning, but now im jazzed up to my blood is pumping 1.5 mph increase in ball speed? whaaat? lets hope this is not just marketing. I cannot wait to try these balls. This seems like a real game changer. 

thoughts??

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

I believe it says 1.5........................not 15mph. I too mistook it early

"Bridgestone confirms that, across the board, with all four balls (the Tour B X, XS, RX, and RXS) and for all types of players, ranging from Tiger, Bryson and Kuchar to you, me and Wally the 23-handicap from down the street, they’ve seen the same performance results for everyone: roughly 1.5 MPH more ball speed with the driver and roughly 350 more RPM on a 15-yard pitch compared to the 2018 Tour B’s."

Edited by Trial&Error

I did some Trackman verification in doing the new ball test, I saw a 2.5 mph increase over the 6th gen Srixon Z Star.  With the additional spin it gave to keep the ball in the air a bit longer, I picked up an average of 17 yards carry distance.  Weather has kept me off the course for real world validation, but I'm excited to see what happens.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

Im curious about the x and rx. I was fit into rx several times prior to 2015. I tried the x back then and it wasn’t bad, xs had too much spin for me.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Im curious about the x and rx. I was fit into rx several times prior to 2015. I tried the x back then and it wasn’t bad, xs had too much spin for me.

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the XS.  Between my dynamic loft and speed, I am worried that the extra spin off the mid and scoring irons would actually be detrimental to me.  I wish they were offering split packs at launch so that I could test them head to head without having to buy a dozen of each.

8 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Yeah that is what I am concerned about with the XS.  Between my dynamic loft and speed, I am worried that the extra spin off the mid and scoring irons would actually be detrimental to me.  I wish they were offering split packs at launch so that I could test them head to head without having to buy a dozen of each.

Even a two ball trial pack would be good. Iirc they did that with the e series ball but don’t remember if they did with the tour release, hopefully they do that here as I’m the same way and don’t want to have to buy a dozen of each

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

Give v-fit a try, seriously. I was surprised that it was as accurate as it was when @mr.hicksta and I tried it for the white box test. What we saw on the course, and what the numbers showed were pretty close.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

24 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I'm honestly not worried about about driver numbers though. It's full wedge and mid iron that have me puzzled as well to which ball would be better for me 

True, hopefully they'll have the tester pack again, but if you like the B X now I think you'll like the new one just the same if not a little more

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Very interested in this......  1.5MPH ball speed would be hard to turn down... but a little more spin around the green may be even harder to turn down.

My Pro V1x's are officially on notice.  I'll have to get a sleeve when they're available to try.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

7 hours ago, jlukes said:

I'm honestly not worried about about driver numbers though. It's full wedge and mid iron that have me puzzled as well to which ball would be better for me 

The Tour B XS doesn't have the zip of a Pro v1 on full wedges/mid irons but it hits and stops on a dime. I haven't seen the ball pull back quite as much but the greens are dormant in Houston so there might not be much zip for any ball. 

I'm just super pumped I bought 5 dozen of the prior Tour B XS in the fall and it will take me probably a year to burn through the stash. Heaven forbid I just be patient until the new ball comes out. 

FWIW, I was never a fan of the Tour B X, especially on the colder days. Maybe I don't compress the ball as much as I used to but I get such a better/more consistent ball flight and carry with the XS than I do with the X. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 2:30 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

According to MGS, it seems X actually has more back spin on wedge shots... Was the problem with irons and Driver?

Screenshot_20200210-071648_Edge.jpg

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

26 minutes ago, Green Sheep Productions said:

According to MGS, it seems X actually has more back spin on wedge shots... Was the problem with irons and Driver?

Screenshot_20200210-071648_Edge.jpg

Driver and irons. 

I was lucky enough to receive 2- 2 ball packs from Bridgestone, The TourB RX and these are by far better than the 2019 model I played last year. Consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee, and straighter too. Not so "clicky" off the putter and much better ball flight off the long, mid and short irons. I can't speak much about wedges and my wedge game last week was in the tank. But from my experience this past week on the course all the hype is true.,

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

27 minutes ago, LeftyHawk said:

I was lucky enough to receive 2- 2 ball packs from Bridgestone, The TourB RX and these are by far better than the 2019 model I played last year. Consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee, and straighter too. Not so "clicky" off the putter and much better ball flight off the long, mid and short irons. I can't speak much about wedges and my wedge game last week was in the tank. But from my experience this past week on the course all the hype is true.,

Chris

Just so nobody gets confused the previous model is a 2018 ball not 2019. Bridgestone has a 2 year cycle on balls

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Just so nobody gets confused the previous model is a 2018 ball not 2019. Bridgestone has a 2 year cycle on balls

Thanks!!! I was not aware of that.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

15 hours ago, jlukes said:

From what I've been told by people in the industry, on partial shots where the core isn't compressed, spin is generated from from the soft cover working against a firmer mantle/core. Therefore a firmer ball may spin more 

Makes sense to me........I'm one of the white box testers selected here and was fitted for the Tour BX. I don't like it at all. Feels very hard and clicky and is very spinny off the driver!

:titleist-small: TSR2 - Ventus Red, 6X

:titleist-small: TSR2 3W - Ventus Red, 7X

:titleist-small: TSR2 5W - Ventus Red TR, 8X

:mizuno-small: JPX 223 Tour PW-7i/JPX 223 Forged 6i-4i - Nippon Modus 130X

:taylormade-small: MG3 - 50, 54, 58* -  Nippon Modus 130X

:scotty-small: Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura X5 

:titleist-small: Titleist Prov1

8 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

Makes sense to me........I'm one of the white box testers selected here and was fitted for the Tour BX. I don't like it at all. Feels very hard and clicky and is very spinny off the driver!

I gotta say, if you are finding the Tour B X spinny off the driver, it isn't the ball.  It is a swing/Driver head issue

33 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

What kind of flight are you seeing that makes you feel it's spinny off the driver?  That ball should not be a high spin ball with driver.

• Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

7 minutes ago, Smellis745 said:

What kind of flight are you seeing that makes you feel it's spinny off the driver?  That ball should not be a high spin ball with driver.

Haven't hit it on any monitors.....my statement is purely based on feel and sight. It definitely feels hard and clicky to me. 

Dispersion is definitely not as tight for me and my swing, as I'm usually seeing more curve off Driver and 3Wood. Distances have been between +/- 5 yards of my AVX.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, jlukes said:

I was the same.  I gamed the Bridgestone X last year and played about 5 rounds towards the end of the season with the XS...I liked the XS better.  Looking forward to the new ball.  I will start this year with the XS!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

7 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

Haven't hit it on any monitors.....my statement is purely based on feel and sight. It definitely feels hard and clicky to me. 

Dispersion is definitely not as tight for me and my swing, as I'm usually seeing more curve off Driver and 3Wood. Distances have been between +/- 5 yards of my AVX.

OK - More curve was what I was thinking.  The BX should be lower spin than the AVX.  Because of that, the lower backspin will accentuate any side spin.  So any side spin you put on the ball will cause it to curve more than it would if you had more backspin.  It's why the B XS works so great for me.

• Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

39 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I gotta say, if you are finding the Tour B X spinny off the driver, it isn't the ball.  It is a swing/Driver head issue

Who knows.....I'm definitely not a machine and like most of us...can hit loose shots. However, I'm not a hack and typically pretty good off the tee with Driver and 3Wood.

However, I will say this......My TM M6 blew up last week. Expecting my replacement this week and will retest. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like how hard it feels!

TM M6.jpg

On 1/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

FWIW, I was never a fan of the Tour B X, especially on the colder days. Maybe I don't compress the ball as much as I used to but I get such a better/more consistent ball flight and carry with the XS than I do with the X. 

I found the XS to feel better off of all club faces with a better ball flight as well.  It seemed to fit my eye better.  I also noticed a bit more spin with the XS over the X but nothing huge. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

18 hours ago, LeftyHawk said:

Chris

20-25 more yards? there has to be other factors involved here....

Golf is cool

1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

20-25 more yards? there has to be other factors involved here....

That’s probably total yards and based on experience with the previous version they weren’t as good as other tour level balls. Having seen some posts on social media there are people seeing increased distances. 

better launch conditions will easily add more total yards

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s probably total yards and based on experience with the previous version they weren’t as good as other tour level balls. Having seen some posts on social media there are people seeing increased distances. 

better launch conditions will easily add more total yards

yes, but 25 yards? WOW

Golf is cool