TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Bridgestone lineup

Tsecor

9 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

yes but unfortunately i did not have the 2020 BX, only the 2018. And from what most of the testing shows, the 2020 BX isnt so unique enough  to make a big difference.  Its just observations from my round, not hardcore robot testing or anything so take it for what its worth.....you could play in the same conditions and have totally different outcomes. 

Agree we could have different results in the same round even if we had same swing speed.

Was trying to understand the comparison being made since it was an apples to apples comparisons between releases

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got my order from Golfballs.com yesterday of the new Bridgestone Tour xs.  They had their buy 3 get 1 free deal.  Can't wait to go hit them, they look sweet!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 1/21/2020 at 7:12 AM, Smellis745 said:

I did some Trackman verification in doing the new ball test, I saw a 2.5 mph increase over the 6th gen Srixon Z Star.  With the additional spin it gave to keep the ball in the air a bit longer, I picked up an average of 17 yards carry distance.  Weather has kept me off the course for real world validation, but I'm excited to see what happens.

I’m a big fan of the Z-star, have been for a long time. Excited to give these a try. I’m a big fan of a really high spin, firm ball because the local course has all tabletop greens. Need the ball to sit down quickly even on little shots. It’s then my job to take spin off when I have too by swinging easier. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

11 hours ago, zrumble said:

I’m a big fan of the Z-star, have been for a long time. Excited to give these a try. I’m a big fan of a really high spin, firm ball because the local course has all tabletop greens. Need the ball to sit down quickly even on little shots. It’s then my job to take spin off when I have too by swinging easier. 

If you haven't yet, read the member reviews here.  The XS is now in the bag over the Z Star.  Even since making that decision, I've taken the Z Star out for a round here and there just to make sure I still feel the same.  From iron and wedge performance, there's not a huge difference.  Both perform well with these shots and I have no problem spinning one back or taking spin off when needed with either ball.  Off the driver though, I see a nice increase in distance with the XS.  The XS also seems more manageable off driver in that it doesn't curve too much one way or the other as well.  That doesn't mean that I can't screw one up and send it off the planet, but the misses on average are not near as bad.

• PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 TX
  • Titleist 913 Fd 18* - MCA KuroKage XMS 90 X /// OR /// Callaway XForged UT 20* - Aldila Rogue Black 105 TX
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 49F / 53F / 58K - DG TI S400
  • Odyssey Black #3 34”
  • Titleist AVX

I tried both the X and XS out at a golf show here in Portland. They were saying the new tech allowed a spread on both ends of the spectrum, for the XS distance and workability were increased. I am debating a switch to the X, because I need to maintain low spin off the driver. I really want to shape my irons, though, so it's hard to switch from XS. Also have a stock of '18 XS to be played yet. 

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

7 hours ago, Smellis745 said:

If you haven't yet, read the member reviews here.  The XS is now in the bag over the Z Star.  Even since making that decision, I've taken the Z Star out for a round here and there just to make sure I still feel the same.  From iron and wedge performance, there's not a huge difference.  Both perform well with these shots and I have no problem spinning one back or taking spin off when needed with either ball.  Off the driver though, I see a nice increase in distance with the XS.  The XS also seems more manageable off driver in that it doesn't curve too much one way or the other as well.  That doesn't mean that I can't screw one up and send it off the planet, but the misses on average are not near as bad.

Awesome, thanks for the link. Once I can get my hands on the XS and hit the links, I'll post a quick review! I tend to miss with a blocked fade when I'm off a bit, and with a really spinny ball that can hang up FOREVER. Sounds like the XS might help with that as an added bonus.

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 115mph

Driver: Taylormade SiM Max 9*, TM Ventus Blue 6X
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3h: Tour Edge EXS Pro, Smoke Black 80g 6.0
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Tried the new Tour BRX, and it was OK. What got me was that the looks of it are not the same as previous designs, the dimple in a dimple. It's no where near what it was in the B330 series, so I really can't call this a dimple in a dimple pattern. The ball performed OK, had some good spin on wedge shots, but overall a good ball. I just wish their marketing was a little better at describing the ball as it is.

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

I have played a Bridgestone ball for quite a few years.  I like the cover better, they remind me of the Nike tour ball back in the day.  I find the Tour Bx to be much more durable than every other "tour grade" ball as well.  The only other one that I find to be even close to as durable is the Taylormade TP5x.  It's amazing to me that we don't see them more, I suppose because you just don't see them very often in pro shops.  Almost every tournament I play in when balls are announced on the first tee I am the only guy with a Tour B.

Edited by KatoGolfer

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

On 4/1/2020 at 11:39 AM, ballplayer002003 said:

Just got my order from Golfballs.com yesterday of the new Bridgestone Tour xs.  They had their buy 3 get 1 free deal.  Can't wait to go hit them, they look sweet!

Did the same, personalization was free too and not just some letters or saying on the side.  I was able to put my initials in a small emblem with different colors 🙂

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

Having played several versions of the rx and rxs and not linking any of the balls from the previous I want to put these up against the 2019 Prov1/1x and the tp5/5x which are my go to balls. I am a fan do Bridgetone and golf and would consider them for most spots in my bag.

I wish they would offer a trial pack dozen with a sleeve of each, but once I ca get some swings in I’ll do their vfit and go from there

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

On 3/5/2020 at 2:34 PM, heribertomaya said:

people get their feelings all touched-up whenever someone doesnt like "their" brand.  SMH.   If you aren't the owner/CEO of the brand,  why would you care what anyone says about your favorite product.  Hard to understand.   If I had to reply back each time defending my love for Mizuno,  I would be dead by now........

... It should not be hard to understand at all. You made a reckless statement of fact, not just opinion. You did follow up with a personal opinion which of course is 100% valid and had you done so initially, I doubt you would have gotten any negative feedback. 

"Srixon are sub-par balls (in my case at least,  much shorter than most urethane balls, etc)"

... Srixon's are most definitely not sub par balls. They may not work well for you and they may be much shorter for you but as jlukes stated above, that is not true for 
others. This is really why we are on a golf forum, to share and hear others opinions but the downside is when someone states an opinion as if it is a fact.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

So, got my VFit and have some RXS coming my way. Intrigued to put them against the V1X, Z-Star, and Elixir when/if I get the chance. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

A friend and I split two dozen Bridgestones: one dozen tour bx and one dozen tourbxs, then we split them with each other. Made our own “demo dozen”. I’m excited to see how these balls have changed from 2018 to 2020.
What I’m looking for, if anyone has recommendations: the tour bx 2018 is perfect for me off the tee and down to about 6 iron, from 7 down though it seems like there may be a lack of spin? The symptom I’m experiencing could best be described as the ball “sailing” and I hit my shorter irons and wedges too long surprising me. Any thoughts? I am also trying the ProV1X left dash which may end up perfect, but I’m concerned they won’t be in production much longer.
Also, for Srixon being called a “subpar” ball, one just has to look at the MyGolfSpy ball test. The thing I’ve been looking for to make a ball decision is a balance of the average data for directional improvements in lowering spin off driver then increasing for 7i and wedge; but more importantly I’ve been looking at the std dev tab to measure consistency. The Srixon ZStar is the top performer in a lot of the important categories for lowest std deviations. Giving you a higher confidence interval for knowing your carry distances and offline yardages. Anyway, it’s a great ball. Std deviation is actually why I didn’t go into the Snell MTBX despite the potential to gain driver yardage with the averages hype. I did like the Snell MTB Black several years ago though. Sorry for the rant, bored during quarantine.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

A friend and I split two dozen Bridgestones: one dozen tour bx and one dozen tourbxs, then we split them with each other. Made our own “demo dozen”. I’m excited to see how these balls have changed from 2018 to 2020.
What I’m looking for, if anyone has recommendations: the tour bx 2018 is perfect for me off the tee and down to about 6 iron, from 7 down though it seems like there may be a lack of spin? The symptom I’m experiencing could best be described as the ball “sailing” and I hit my shorter irons and wedges too long surprising me. Any thoughts? I am also trying the ProV1X left dash which may end up perfect, but I’m concerned they won’t be in production much longer.
Also, for Srixon being called a “subpar” ball, one just has to look at the MyGolfSpy ball test. The thing I’ve been looking for to make a ball decision is a balance of the average data for directional improvements in lowering spin off driver then increasing for 7i and wedge; but more importantly I’ve been looking at the std dev tab to measure consistency. The Srixon ZStar is the top performer in a lot of the important categories for lowest std deviations. Giving you a higher confidence interval for knowing your carry distances and offline yardages. Anyway, it’s a great ball. Std deviation is actually why I didn’t go into the Snell MTBX despite the potential to gain driver yardage with the averages hype. I did like the Snell MTB Black several years ago though. Sorry for the rant, bored during quarantine.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, KatoGolfer said:

Did the same, personalization was free too and not just some letters or saying on the side.  I was able to put my initials in a small emblem with different colors 🙂

I did my old baseball number 00 and the alignment arrows.  Hard to beat that deal!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 4/8/2020 at 11:07 PM, Pappyvanroyl said:

What I’m looking for, if anyone has recommendations: the tour bx 2018 is perfect for me off the tee and down to about 6 iron, from 7 down though it seems like there may be a lack of spin? The symptom I’m experiencing could best be described as the ball “sailing” and I hit my shorter irons and wedges too long surprising me. Any thoughts?

I like that concept of dividing up, making a mixed dozen.

With the BX flying too far, does it create larger than ideal distance gaps in your shorter clubs, or does it make the distance gaps more consistent between clubs? When I switched from ProV1s to BX, the short iron and wedge shots did fly further than I expected, but the gaps were more consistent, meaning I just had to alter my expectations. It's totally worth doing a gapping session with a reliable launch monitor and your own balls to get consistent gapping numbers.

Edited by Blueberry_Squishie
Delete irrelevant parts of my quote

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

... I have never had any success playing the Bridgestone RX/S series of balls because they never have enough spin around the greens, even though Bridgestone fittings always recommend this ball because of my age and swing speed around 100, not 105. Fred Couples switching to the new B-RXS makes me want to give them another shot. But I have a stock pile of TP5x/TP5's I planned on taking to Phoenix over the winter and I went thru a ton in the desert last year so stocked up this season. Between a herniated disc and then the Corona virus, I never got to Phoenix. Having 13 dozen TP's is not something to complain about but buying a dozen B-RXS would be silly because I won't get thru 1/2 of my TP's this summer in the Midwest. And even worse, I might like the B-RXS a little better. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

X has been my dream ball.  If all these claims are true, I can’t wait to try them

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

Tried the new X today and put it up against Pro V, and Pro V1X. With driver, they were all about equal, with the two longest drives with V1X. Iron shots with the V1X were longer by about 3-4 yards, and equal with wedges. I didn’t see any real difference on approach shots, chips, or pitches. I like it, but saw better performance, for me, with the Titleists. Only one 9 of comparison, so this sample size isn’t significant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I played the RXS for a couple of years and it was fine.  Then 2 years ago or so, started playing the E6 Speed, (which at the rate I was drowning them at the time) I really liked and its now been discontinued, so I am looking to get back to the B series.  I just sent my data to Bridgestone to see what they recommend.  I agree it would be nice to not have to buy a dozen just to try a couple of different balls.  I will admit that overall I have been very pleased with the Bridgestone brand.

4 hours ago, skyryder said:

I played the RXS for a couple of years and it was fine.  Then 2 years ago or so, started playing the E6 Speed, (which at the rate I was drowning them at the time) I really liked and its now been discontinued, so I am looking to get back to the B series.  I just sent my data to Bridgestone to see what they recommend.  I agree it would be nice to not have to buy a dozen just to try a couple of different balls.  I will admit that overall I have been very pleased with the Bridgestone brand.

E6 speed is quite a lot different than the B series.  Tour B X is probably the closest match.

Dave

16 hours ago, skyryder said:

Bridgestone does their ball releases on 2 year cycles with the tour balls being one year and their other balls the following year. The e6 balls became the e12. The e12 should be around in their current design for the rest of this year and whatever they are replaced with will probably be out around the pga show in January. 

I like that concept of dividing up, making a mixed dozen.

With the BX flying too far, does it create larger than ideal distance gaps in your shorter clubs, or does it make the distance gaps more consistent between clubs? When I switched from ProV1s to BX, the short iron and wedge shots did fly further than I expected, but the gaps were more consistent, meaning I just had to alter my expectations. It's totally worth doing a gapping session with a reliable launch monitor and your own balls to get consistent gapping numbers.

This is a good way to look at it. Now that I think about it, my main concern came when my 52 was carrying close to a standard PW for me, almost. I thought my short irons were losing spin and encroaching/shortening my gaps into the longer irons.
Looking through ARCCOS and other info, I think you may be right. My gaps are more consistent and each iron has gotten a tad longer. It could be that before the BX My shorter irons were spinning or ballooning slightly, and now I’m carrying properly.
I really want to get on a Trackman just for gapping when COVID has subsided.
Cheers! Be well.

Can’t wait to try the new BX! Courses are open here but I’m recovering from a surgery. Been playing Bridgestone for years gonna be hard to switch. Actually may play Rxs when I return after hearing some of the hype and I expect my swing speeds to be down at 1st