Jump to content
Tsecor

New Bridgestone lineup

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

8 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

Makes sense to me........I'm one of the white box testers selected here and was fitted for the Tour BX. I don't like it at all. Feels very hard and clicky and is very spinny off the driver!

I gotta say, if you are finding the Tour B X spinny off the driver, it isn't the ball.  It is a swing/Driver head issue

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

Makes sense to me........I'm one of the white box testers selected here and was fitted for the Tour BX. I don't like it at all. Feels very hard and clicky and is very spinny off the driver!

What kind of flight are you seeing that makes you feel it's spinny off the driver?  That ball should not be a high spin ball with driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smellis745 said:

What kind of flight are you seeing that makes you feel it's spinny off the driver?  That ball should not be a high spin ball with driver.

Haven't hit it on any monitors.....my statement is purely based on feel and sight. It definitely feels hard and clicky to me. 

Dispersion is definitely not as tight for me and my swing, as I'm usually seeing more curve off Driver and 3Wood. Distances have been between +/- 5 yards of my AVX.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 10:19 AM, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

I was the same.  I gamed the Bridgestone X last year and played about 5 rounds towards the end of the season with the XS...I liked the XS better.  Looking forward to the new ball.  I will start this year with the XS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dalejbrass said:

Haven't hit it on any monitors.....my statement is purely based on feel and sight. It definitely feels hard and clicky to me. 

Dispersion is definitely not as tight for me and my swing, as I'm usually seeing more curve off Driver and 3Wood. Distances have been between +/- 5 yards of my AVX.

 

OK - More curve was what I was thinking.  The BX should be lower spin than the AVX.  Because of that, the lower backspin will accentuate any side spin.  So any side spin you put on the ball will cause it to curve more than it would if you had more backspin.  It's why the B XS works so great for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I gotta say, if you are finding the Tour B X spinny off the driver, it isn't the ball.  It is a swing/Driver head issue

Who knows.....I'm definitely not a machine and like most of us...can hit loose shots. However, I'm not a hack and typically pretty good off the tee with Driver and 3Wood.

However, I will say this......My TM M6 blew up last week. Expecting my replacement this week and will retest. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like how hard it feels!

 

TM M6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, txgolfjunkie said:

FWIW, I was never a fan of the Tour B X, especially on the colder days. Maybe I don't compress the ball as much as I used to but I get such a better/more consistent ball flight and carry with the XS than I do with the X. 

I found the XS to feel better off of all club faces with a better ball flight as well.  It seemed to fit my eye better.  I also noticed a bit more spin with the XS over the X but nothing huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LeftyHawk said:

I was lucky enough to receive 2- 2 ball packs from Bridgestone, The TourB RX and these are by far better than the 2019 model I played last year. Consistently 20 to 25 yards longer off the tee, and straighter too. Not so "clicky" off the putter and much better ball flight off the long, mid and short irons. I can't speak much about wedges and my wedge game last week was in the tank. But from my experience this past week on the course all the hype is true.,

Chris

20-25 more yards? there has to be other factors involved here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tsecor said:

20-25 more yards? there has to be other factors involved here....

That’s probably total yards and based on experience with the previous version they weren’t as good as other tour level balls. Having seen some posts on social media there are people seeing increased distances. 
 

better launch conditions will easily add more total yards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

That’s probably total yards and based on experience with the previous version they weren’t as good as other tour level balls. Having seen some posts on social media there are people seeing increased distances. 
 

better launch conditions will easily add more total yards

yes, but 25 yards? WOW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

yes, but 25 yards? WOW

With the older RX I was consistent at about 220 on my tee shots. With the new RX I was consistently around 245. I had to varify that with the guys I was with because quite frankly I couldn't believe it. The other thing was I was straighter off the tee also.

I can't wait until I can get a couple of dozen of the new RX.

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a dozen B XS to test, my usual ball is the Pro V1x.  So far I've only had time to play nine and spend some time at a short game practice area, but initial impressions, at least for me specifically, is it is quite similar to what I already use.  B XS is noticeably softer feeling and sounding, especially off the putter.  Pro V1x may have just a touch more bite from 30-40 yards, but I may have to revisit this when the greens aren't dormant.  Full shots appear to be quite similar in terms of ball flight, really hard to tell if any distance was gained though.  Will stay tuned to the thread and the MGS testing, and continue to test on my own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I just bought a dozen B XS to test, my usual ball is the Pro V1x.  So far I've only had time to play nine and spend some time at a short game practice area, but initial impressions, at least for me specifically, is it is quite similar to what I already use.  B XS is noticeably softer feeling and sounding, especially off the putter.  Pro V1x may have just a touch more bite from 30-40 yards, but I may have to revisit this when the greens aren't dormant.  Full shots appear to be quite similar in terms of ball flight, really hard to tell if any distance was gained though.  Will stay tuned to the thread and the MGS testing, and continue to test on my own.

You should test the BX vs the PV1X.....they are more similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 9:19 AM, jlukes said:

Anxious to try the X and XS.  The online ball fitting tool bounces me between the two depending on very slight adjustments I make on certain parameters.

I am concerned about getting TOO much spin with the XS.

I'm in the same boat, right on the bubble between the two depending how I'm swinging that day.  I had an interaction via Twitter with Bridgestone and the only question they asked was if I preferred a softer or firmer feel.  I said firmer and they recommended the X.  Now I'm just debating if I go all in or start with a dozen and try them.

Really hoping they have some sort of promo for the spring.  I could go for a buy 3 get 1 deal like Titleist does every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

I'm in the same boat, right on the bubble between the two depending how I'm swinging that day.  I had an interaction via Twitter with Bridgestone and the only question they asked was if I preferred a softer or firmer feel.  I said firmer and they recommended the X.  Now I'm just debating if I go all in or start with a dozen and try them.

Really hoping they have some sort of promo for the spring.  I could go for a buy 3 get 1 deal like Titleist does every year.

I decided on the X. After seeing the TXG video on the two it confirmed that the balls perform the same off the irons and wedges, yet X, because it is firmer, its faster off the driver. Their testing confirmed what I was seeing.

XS feels better, but doesn't perform any different around the greens for a me. So I went with the X

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id really like to see a breakdown of the new BXS and TP5.   The Reactive shell sounds ALOT like the TP5 HFH shell......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Id really like to see a breakdown of the new BXS and TP5.   The Reactive shell sounds ALOT like the TP5 HFH shell......

The best breakdown is individual testing on the course. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The best breakdown is individual testing on the course. 

im talking about the ball itself, its components...not on course testing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

im talking about the ball itself, its components...not on course testing

Why though? All you are going to get is a bunch of marketing terms.  Compression, mantles, cores, fast, soft, reactiv, aerodynamic.  Etc.

All that matters is how a ball performs for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

im talking about the ball itself, its components...not on course testing

Couldn’t you get that from the manufacturers website? Not sure mgs is going to have much more than what’s put out by the brand on their packaging or website 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...