Tsecor

New Bridgestone lineup

Our Sponsors

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Why though? All you are going to get is a bunch of marketing terms.  Compression, mantles, cores, fast, soft, reactiv, aerodynamic.  Etc.

All that matters is how a ball performs for you.

why ? Im interested in the tech as well as performance

3 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

why ? Im interested in the tech as well as performance

It's all on their websites.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Couldn’t you get that from the manufacturers website? Not sure mgs is going to have much more than what’s put out by the brand on their packaging or website 

MGS has lots of great insight as to what goes into the tech components of many items. Covey and Co. are masters at breaking things down. 

Just now, jlukes said:

It's all on their websites.

i understand their own tech is on their websites...thats not what im curious about....but lets move on. this is just useless banter. 

11 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

MGS has lots of great insight as to what goes into the tech components of many items. Covey and Co. are masters at breaking things down. 

What are they going to tell you that you won’t be able to determine on the course.

1 minute ago, Tsecor said:

i understand their own tech is on their websites...thats not what im curious about....but lets move on. this is just useless banter. 

Balls are very different than clubs.  Club tech is a lot about material thickness, shape and weight placement.  Ball tech is more proprietary material driven, so companies would not be willing to share what exactly is in their core that makes it do what it does.  With Bridgestone, we get a "Reactiv" Urethane.  With Srixon, we get a "SpinSkin" coating.  These companies are going to reveal the actual composition of the technology.

If you want to learn about the generic composition of golf balls, it is all over the internet:

https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/06/s-inside-golf-balls-chemistry.html

These days, a golf ball is typically made of a butadiene rubber center surrounded by one or more rubber mantles and topped off with a tough skin. These outer layers are made from blends of high-performance ethylene copolymers known as ionomeric resins, which harden through ionic crosslinking between negatively charged acid groups and positively charged metal salts, such as zinc and sodium salts.

This design is favored because the resulting balls have a hard core with an outside that is compressible, or soft, according to the website of DuPont, which has been high on the leader board for golf ball technology for more than 50 years. DuPont’s technology, for example, is being used by Nike under the brand name Speedlock RZN.

Other rubber and polymer producers are also collaborating with golf ball manufacturers to make a ball that really flies. Japanese golf ball maker Kasco has been using polymer producer Lanxess’s neodymium polybutadiene rubber in the core of its balls. This material efficiently converts impact energy into kinetic energy and thus enhances flying distance, Lanxess’s website claims.

Perhaps the most quintessential part of a golf ball is its pitted coating, which affects how the ball rolls and how it feels when it is hit by a golfer’s club. Dimples also reduce a ball’s drag as it flies through the air. Manufacturers alter the size and number of dimples to adjust performance.

PPG, among others, has produced coatings for golf balls. The company has been producing a range of proprietary coating formulations, including scratch-resistant ones made from polyurethane, for companies such as the Titleist balls producer Acushnet for more than a decade.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

What are they going to tell you that you won’t be able to determine on the course.

lol. thank you. some would disagree

33 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Balls are very different than clubs.  Club tech is a lot about material thickness, shape and weight placement.  Ball tech is more proprietary material driven, so companies would not be willing to share what exactly is in their core that makes it do what it does.  With Bridgestone, we get a "Reactiv" Urethane.  With Srixon, we get a "SpinSkin" coating.  These companies are going to reveal the actual composition of the technology.

If you want to learn about the generic composition of golf balls, it is all over the internet:

https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/2017/06/s-inside-golf-balls-chemistry.html

Thank you very much. I appreciate you sending this. I have looked at the generic makeup before and i am definitely interested in the details of these covers... which i probably cant find myself as I am not in the industry. I think with the relationships MGS has, they can probably find out a lot more than I can. When I read about Bridgestones new cover i said to myself " i have read this before" and sure enough, I found that the TP5 line has marketed this in their 2019 lineup.....as Srixon does im sure, but im unfamiliar with their ball marketing. 

I wonder if HFM and REACTIV are the same but just called two different things......for some reason that has peaked my curiosity

• Like 1

Anyone know if Bridgestone runs the buy 3 dozen get 1 free campaign that Tmade, Srixon, Titleist typically run?  And if so anyone know if they run it about the same time as these other manufacturers?  Thanks

• Love 1

Srixon's is great....buy 2 get 1 free.....comes out to just over $2 / ball. 

The other sales are ~ .60-.70 more per ball during the sales. 

if bridgestone ran a buy 2 get 1 sale, id be all over it.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Srixon's is great....buy 2 get 1 free.....comes out to just over $2 / ball. 

The other sales are ~ .60-.70 more per ball during the sales. 

if bridgestone ran a buy 2 get 1 sale, id be all over it.....

I agree, Bridgestone is the one everyone is salivating about (for the 2 for 3 deal).  Srixon are sub-par balls (in my case at least,  much shorter than most urethane balls, etc)

13 hours ago, heribertomaya said:

I agree, Bridgestone is the one everyone is salivating about (for the 2 for 3 deal).  Srixon are sub-par balls (in my case at least,  much shorter than most urethane balls, etc)

I dont agree with the srixon being sub par.....maybe you didnt like it but the company and ball is very good. One of the few balls a consumer can buy that is the exact ball used on tour

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsecor said:

I dont agree with the srixon being sub par.....maybe you didnt like it but the company and ball is very good. One of the few balls a consumer can buy that is the exact ball used on tour

I'll concur with Tsecor. 

I've been playing and really liking the Titleist AVX. I was also one of the Bridgestone Ball testers and tested the Tour B X (which I didn't like because it's so hard).

Picked up a box of the Srixon Q Star Tour balls last week and played it against the AVX and the Tour BX. The Srixon feels great and just as long or longer (for me) than the Tour BX.

I like it so much that I went back for 2 more boxes of Srixon's 2 for 1 deal.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

people get their feelings all touched-up whenever someone doesnt like "their" brand.  SMH.   If you aren't the owner/CEO of the brand,  why would you care what anyone says about your favorite product.  Hard to understand.   If I had to reply back each time defending my love for Mizuno,  I would be dead by now........

Edited by heribertomaya

2 hours ago, heribertomaya said:

people get their feeling all touched whenever doesnt like "their" brand.  SMH.   If you aren't the owner/CEO of the brand,  why would you care what anyone says about your favorite product.  Hard to understand.   If I had to reply back each time defending my love for Mizuno,  I would be dead by now........

I did not quite gather that from the input they gave.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, heribertomaya said:

That statement is fundamentally untrue. The Zstar XV is one of the longest tour balls made. 

And their quality is up there with bridgestone and Titleist 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:54 PM, jlukes said:

That statement is fundamentally untrue. The Zstar XV is one of the longest tour balls made. 

And their quality is up there with bridgestone and Titleist 

#facts

the srixon ball is top notch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday i played a round in what i would call "aggressive wind" conditions. I played the 2020 BXS for half the round and the 2018 BX for the other half. 

what i noticed were the following

1- the BXS ballooned for me quite a bit on well struck hybrid shots. One fell ~30-yards short of the target. 
2- The BXS flew long and felt great in "normal" conditions.
3- the 2018 BX flew much better against the wind. I estimated a 20 yard difference.
4- The 2018 BX felt very hard on even the slightest mishit (low groove hits)
5- Both were very similar around the green. but the greens were extremely hard due to lack of rain and brown surfaces (not and green  grass in the northeast just yet)

In very calm conditions, i could play either ball but the balloon balls were a major issue for me with my long hybrid shots into the wind

18 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Yesterday i played a round in what i would call "aggressive wind" conditions. I played the 2020 BXS for half the round and the 2018 BX for the other half. 

what i noticed were the following

1- the BXS ballooned for me quite a bit on well struck hybrid shots. One fell ~30-yards short of the target. 
2- The BXS flew long and felt great in "normal" conditions.
3- the 2018 BX flew much better against the wind. I estimated a 20 yard difference.
4- The 2018 BX felt very hard on even the slightest mishit (low groove hits)
5- Both were very similar around the green. but the greens were extremely hard due to lack of rain and brown surfaces (not and green  grass in the northeast just yet)

In very calm conditions, i could play either ball but the balloon balls were a major issue for me with my long hybrid shots into the wind

Wouldn’t a better comparison be to use the 2018 against the 2020 version of the same ball?

You are comparing two different balls from different releases. 

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Wouldn’t a better comparison be to use the 2018 against the 2020 version of the same ball?

You are comparing two different balls from different releases. 

yes but unfortunately i did not have the 2020 BX, only the 2018. And from what most of the testing shows, the 2020 BX isnt so unique enough  to make a big difference.  Its just observations from my round, not hardcore robot testing or anything so take it for what its worth.....you could play in the same conditions and have totally different outcomes.