GolfSpy STUDque

2020 PGA Show Poll

2020 PGA Show Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What category of products are you most curious about at this year's PGA show?

Our Sponsors

Despite multiple debates, the PGA show is still the biggest event for the golf equipment industry.  This week should lead to a lot of interesting products from groundbreaking to just plain weird.  Regardless, there should be plenty of good fodder to talk about as embargos are lifted and the 2020 equipment scene begins to take shape.  It's also our first look into potential MGS Forum tests.

USATSI_9839942.jpg

This is a public poll: What category of products are you most curious about at this year's PGA show?

• Like 1

very interested in the hybrids space.... there was a debate not long ago about long irons/driving irons/hybrid clubs and I'm interested to see if any OEMs are exploring that a bit more in depth.

I think the top of the bag (i.e. 6 iron to driver) is ripe for the picking...

• Like 1

I'm surprised you didn't make Balls a separate option @GolfSpy STUDque. That's why I went with other. With this being the first PGA Show since the test I'm wondering how companies are reacting and the promises of these new balls to the market. I'm more intrigued how DTC sellers are trying to make inroads at a time when it's more important that ever to try to be as consistent and integrated with a product in the ball space.

• Like 1

Willing to bet that almost every ball maker will have every version sliced in half so that you can see the core...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I'm with @Berg Ryman and decided to go with other because I want to see what changes have been made with the golf ball. Bridgestone has been the hot topic both here on the forum and on social media with their new cover that claims both more distance with the driver and more spin around the green. 

After the results of the MGS ball test last year, it'll be interesting to see what the different companies roll out this year and how they perform. 

Then there's the big question, is Chrome Soft the ball that truly changed the ball?

I'm going with Tech. Will the Link be finally introduced. How about the low end LM space. Any other entries outside of MEVO, SC300, etc........

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm with @Berg Ryman and decided to go with other because I want to see what changes have been made with the golf ball. Bridgestone has been the hot topic both here on the forum and on social media with their new cover that claims both more distance with the driver and more spin around the green. 

After the results of the MGS ball test last year, it'll be interesting to see what the different companies roll out this year and how they perform. 

Then there's the big question, is Chrome Soft the ball that truly changed the ball?

It's the ball that forced Callaway to invest a billion dollars to make better balls!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm going with Tech. Will the Link be finally introduced. How about the low end LM space. Any other entries outside of MEVO, SC300, etc........

Ditto for me!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Yup, same here.

The Mevo+ is being released to compete more with SkyTrak, it appears. And will SkyTrak finally release an update or new hardware? Lots of grumblings about that on the simulator forums.

I can tell you I'm already sick of this piecemeal information coming out about the Mevo+. It's available for pre-order for a cool $1,999, but there is almost no information about it anywhere on the either the FlightScope or Mevo-specific sites. Can't even find a PDF of the manual. How can I pre-order something I know nothing about? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just saw the  Mevo +.  2K price point, but has way WAY more data points.   Spin Loft, Spin rate.  just not  club path or face angle.  Kind of bridges the gap.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Just saw the  Mevo +.  2K price point, but has way WAY more data points.   Spin Loft, Spin rate.  just not  club path or face angle.  Kind of bridges the gap.

Any other interesting (portable) LM's? 

• Like 2

Nothing that stood out.  Full disclosure, I spent almost no time  looking at portable LM's.  It was damn windy and cold out there today.  The Mevo  + piqued my interest a little.  I will look a little more in depth when I tour the show floor over the next 3 days.

• Like 1

Anyone see anything new from Evnroll this year? Hoping they start offering black finishes across their entire lineup!

• Like 1

Wonder if Arccos has fixed their iWatch interface......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Love 1

Anyone see anything new from Evnroll this year? Hoping they start offering black finishes across their entire lineup!

I’ll keep my eyes open.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

As much as we hear about clubs and balls any other time of the year, the things keeping me interested in the PGA Show are tech, training aids, and “other”.

I am most interested in the available tech. Then honestly accessories. 

I am a sucker for headcovers, ball marks, cool towels and bag tags.. 

I also really really really want one of those finn cycles. 

Edited by Quigleyd
  • Like 2

Saw a social media post that Bridgestone is doing a find it cut it on the show floor. Just bring them a ball from the floor.

I can tell you I'm already sick of this piecemeal information coming out about the Mevo+. It's available for pre-order for a cool $1,999, but there is almost no information about it anywhere

This is how pre release stuff works. Now that the show has opened there will be lots more detailed information on all products.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Saw a social media post that Bridgestone is doing a find it cut it on the show floor. Just bring them a ball from the floor.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I’d have to say tech. Putter shafts seem to be a big topic lately. Seems like everyone is coming out with some new shaft. Patterson has a grip less putter shaft and looks like KBS has a single step shaft that looks like a stability shaft. Eager to read more about them and hopefully have an opportunity to try them.

• Like 4