GolfSpy STUDque

2020 PGA Show Poll

2020 PGA Show Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What category of products are you most curious about at this year's PGA show?

Our Sponsors

Just saw the  Mevo +.  2K price point, but has way WAY more data points.   Spin Loft, Spin rate.  just not  club path or face angle.  Kind of bridges the gap.

2K is a Lot of money. How many can they sell?
Am I just looking at this as a Senior and miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Saw a social media post that Bridgestone is doing a find it cut it on the show floor. Just bring them a ball from the floor.

Goes to show you how MGS is changing the world of golf, one ball at a time, one swing at a time and one club at a time.  

• Like 5

2K is a Lot of money. How many can they sell?
Am I just looking at this as a Senior and miss something?

I'm with you on that Rick. For $2K I can rent a lot of LM time ($30/hr.) at our local simulator. I originally thought the $200 I spent on the SC200 was a bit extravagant.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm with you on that Rick. For $2K I can rent a lot of LM time ($30/hr.) at our local simulator. I originally thought the $200 I spent on the SC200 was a bit extravagant.

I know of a few people who have used them to set up a small hitting studio in their garage so they can play/hit year round regardless of weather.   So for that purpose I could see them being far more useful than a SC200 and obviously something the average person can afford vs a Trackman. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll probably never go as it'd have to be a special trip just for that. But, if I did my interest would be in finding/seeing all the unusual items - things people come up with. Walking around looking at the normal Mfg. brand drivers, irons, putters, bags, carts, clothes etc all day would hold no interest to me. Zzzzzzzz These days most equipment is only a reshaping of the clay. Nothing all that innovative IMO. 

I think all these personal launch monitors are really cool. I just am not sure they are really helpful. 

I hope Evnroll didn't wait all this time just to announce a center shaft ER5 😴

Please just announce all of your putters are going to be available in black

I guess I’m the only one that cares about the booths lol. It’s the spectacle of the show that I’m most interested in. Wifey gives me a hard time because I like big crowds.... must be a tall guy thing.

I figure we’ll see enough news about all the clubs over the next few months so I enjoy the things you can’t see anywhere but the show. Bridgestone with a ball cutter, Cleveland with a booth the size of an apartment, Mizuno touting the legendary copper irons, and much more. I’ve never been but SM coverage of the booths really helps me feel like I’m there. 

Close second is the tech accessories. Those are the things you don’t hear much about unless it’s at the shows because so many of them are in prototype stages. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I guess I’m the only one that cares about the booths lol. It’s the spectacle of the show that I’m most interested in. Wifey gives me a hard time because I like big crowds.... must be a tall guy thing.

I figure we’ll see enough news about all the clubs over the next few months so I enjoy the things you can’t see anywhere but the show. Bridgestone with a ball cutter, Cleveland with a booth the size of an apartment, Mizuno touting the legendary copper irons, and much more. I’ve never been but SM coverage of the booths really helps me feel like I’m there. 

Close second is the tech accessories. Those are the things you don’t hear much about unless it’s at the shows because so many of them are in prototype stages. 

Yeah, I've been several years, and am always amazed at the booths.  I tried each year--didn't go this year---to get some representative pictures of the booths.  It can be hard as they are massive.   And oh the size of an apartment...that is tiny compared to some.   Callaways is probably the size of the Old Playboy Mansion compound!! 

They are booths only in name.  Most of them are larger than most retail stores. 

• Like 2

I think all these personal launch monitors are really cool. I just am not sure they are really helpful. 

I’m out of the country right now and the only thing I miss is my home launch monitor. I don’t know if it helps or not either but boy is it fun playing golf on.

• Like 4

On 1/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Nothing that stood out.  Full disclosure, I spent almost no time  looking at portable LM's.  It was damn windy and cold out there today.  The Mevo  + piqued my interest a little.  I will look a little more in depth when I tour the show floor over the next 3 days.

I'll be following you !

Thanks

Mizuno coming out with BeCu irons again?

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Mizuno coming out with BeCu irons again?

I think I saw something about a limited release