Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Cleveland Golf Introduces Lastes CBX and Smart Sole Models

Golfspy_CG2

CLEVELAND GOLF ANNOUNCES THE CLEVELAND CBX FULL-FACE

AND SMART SOLE 4 WEDGES

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 21, 2020 – Cleveland Golf is proud to announce the release of two new wedge offerings: the Cleveland CBX Full-Face and the Smart Sole 4. Built with grooves across the entire face, the Cleveland CBX Full-Face delivers a larger face area and more versatility to make difficult greenside shots easier, while the Smart Sole 4 makes the short game easier. Cleveland’s Smart Sole 4 will launch in North America on Feb. 7, 2020, while the Cleveland CBX Full-Face will launch in North America on Feb. 28, 2020. 

CLEVELAND CBX FULL-FACE 

The Cleveland CBX Full-Face is a new wedge model that focuses on offering maximum short game versatility with added forgiveness for all those delicate shots around the green. 

“Our new Cleveland CBX Full-Face is a perfect way to complete our wedge lineup,” said Brian Schielke, Marketing Director at Cleveland Golf. “It helps golfers execute the most demanding shots they’ll encounter thanks to a larger striking surface with extended grooves running across the face. It does this while maintaining great feel and the signature forgiveness golfers have come to expect in every Cleveland CBX wedge.” 

Cleveland CBX Full-Face provides a high toe profile that is perfect for sliding under the golf ball on the most aggressive short game shot. The Cleveland CBX Full-Face delivers a unique half-cavity design with a cavity near the heel and solid muscle back on the toe, which pushes the center of gravity away from the heel and closer in line with strike patterns for improved consistency and feel. 

Additionally, the Cleveland CBX Full-Face takes Rotex Face Milling to the next level by extending across the entire face of the wedge for more spin and unmatched stopping power. Cleveland CBX Full-Face features a C-Shaped sole grind, which provides extra relief on the heel and toe for ultimate short game versatility. 

Here is a breakdown of the key innovations inside the Cleveland CBX Full-Face: 

• High Toe Profile: Hit more extreme open face shots with an extended toe portion, perfect for sliding under the golf ball and striking it on the toe.
  • Rotex Full Face: Rotex Milling, Laser Milling, and Tour Zip Grooves cover every millimeter of the hitting surface, ensuring maximum versatility with maximum spin.
  • Half-Cavity Design: A cavity near the heel, a solid muscle back on the toe. We’ve moved the sweet spot right where you’re most likely to hit the ball, improving feel and pushing forgiveness levels off the charts.
  • Low C-Shaped Sole: Optimized for open face shots, Full-Face offers our lowest Cleveland CBX grind to date. It’s also C-Shaped for relief on the heel and toe, allowing for unhindered face manipulation. 

Cleveland’s CBX Full-Face wedges are offered in 4 loft options (56°, 58°, 60°, and 64°) and are priced at $149.99 MAP.

SMART SOLE 4 WEDGES 

The Smart Sole 4 from Cleveland Golf delivers a simpler short game system with a wedge designed for every shot. Here is a breakdown of the three different Smart Sole 4 wedges: the C model engineered for foolproof chip shots, an S model for easier sand saves, and a new G model for additional forgiveness on approach shots into the green. 

Smart Sole 4 features an extra wide sole across all three models with extra leading edge bounce to ensure crisp, clean contact and better stability. Upgraded Feel Balancing Technology adjusts the center of gravity closer to sweet spot for better feel, while new premium milled grooves channel moisture and debris away from the impact zone for improved spin performance from any conditions. 

Below are the key innovations inside the Smart Sole 4 Wedges: 

• Enhanced Three-Tiered Sole: An extra wide three-tiered sole, with added leading edge bounce, provides maximum forgiveness from the fairway, rough or out of the bunker.
  • Improved Feel Balancing Technology: The redistribution of weight from the hosel allows the center of gravity to be moved closer to the center of the clubface for better feel and more consistency.
  • Aggressive Milled Grooves: New aggressive milled grooves generate better spin performance from any conditions. 
  • New Gap Wedge: The addition of the “G” model provides full-shot capability and extensive versatility to go along with the “S” and “C” models. 

Cleveland’s Smart Sole 4 wedges are offered in three different models. The C model (42°), G model (50°), and S model (58°) come in right and left-handed options as well as Men’s and Women’s offerings. 

Smart Sole 4 wedges are priced at $119.99 MAP for Men’s Steel and $129.99 for Men’s Graphite, while the Women’s Smart Sole 4 wedges are priced at $119.99 MAP for graphite.

CBX Full Face 1.png

CBX Full Face 2.png

CG Smart Sole 2.png

CG Smart Sole 1.png

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 4 months later...

The CBX full face wedge is awesome. One could argue that as a high handicapper, I don't need a high toe wedge, but I have hit some nice shots with that thing and haven't bladed any over the green (well, maybe once).

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

21 hours ago, dlow206 said:

The CBX full face wedge is awesome. One could argue that as a high handicapper, I don't need a high toe wedge, but I have hit some nice shots with that thing and haven't bladed any over the green (well, maybe once).

I think high handicappers can greatly benefit from a hi toe wedge. That's really the target market of the CBX full face wedge. The extended grooves on the toe and higher COG help to hold the spin when you dont catch it cleanly. The larger face is helpful out of the sand. Lacks some feel, but is a really consistent performer. For some people, not the best option on full swings, but around the greens they are fantastic. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Any way to make these work in one length format by adjusting lie angle and off set to compensate? I really love the CBXs, but I am loving the OL revolution in my bag right now. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.5

3 Wood: Cobra F9 Tour 13.5

3Hybrid: Cobra F9

4i-PW: Cobra King Forged One Length

52/56/60: Cleveland CBX

Putter: Cleveland TFI 8.0 CB