GolfSpy Barbajo

2020 PGA show, so far...

Good stuff! I appreciate the honesty on the Duo Soft+ results and your discussions with W/S. Looking forward to more info & pics. 

• Like 5

Looking at the SQAIRZ shoes, I don't mind the shape at all, but, $250 will get me a few pairs of pretty good Pumas.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That Finn Cycle is speaking to me

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Looking at the SQAIRZ shoes, I don't mind the shape at all, but, $250 will get me a few pairs of pretty good Pumas.

Yeah, price is certainly an issue. ECCO, adidas, other higher end shoe companies can do that - significantly tougher for a newbie. The shoes do scream quality and detail though - even the laces have silicone nuns on them so they don’t loosen during the round - hadn’t seen that before. The toe box is nice and wide, but I still found it quite stable and comfortable.

From a shoe value standpoint, $250’certainly doesn’t seem out of line, but it’s always a risk with a company you’ve never heard of. It’ll be interesting to see how they perform and hold up

• Like 4

Those Honma clubs.... 🤤 💛

• Like 4

awesome stuff. Any chance you will need a review on the finn scooter? hahaha. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Chatted with Lynx for quite a while A they definitely fixed the sound and feel of their switch face driver. Last year we only had a few shits with it - and the sound wasn’t quite right. They had hoped to release it last April, but sound issues and R&A/USGA issues got in the way. They fixed both and it felt very very good and seems to perform as well.

Well, ok then.  😮😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

That Finn Cycle is speaking to me emoji41.png

Yep, already talked to our GM about getting one of those.  You know, so I can get around the course easier to check on our outings.  Strictly business purposes 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yep, already talked to our GM about getting one of those.  You know, so I can get around the course easier to check on our outings.  Strictly business purposes

Yes, of course. For business. 🤫
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, already talked to our GM about getting one of those.  You know, so I can get around the course easier to check on our outings.  Strictly business purposes 🙂

I would ride it to work. Just because.

• Like 3

Those Honma clubs.... 🤤 

Yup, they are good looking clubs.

• Like 3

... John, I know how tough it is to get good pictures. If possible, can you take some pictures of clubs at address? Backs/soles of the club are interesting for sure but doesn't matter to many of us if it doesn't look right at address. It is always illuminating seeing everyone park and get on the carts and hop off moving briskly and later in the day passing those folks on their way out crawling along like a turtle LOL. Show days can be very looooooong and tiring so thanks a lot for your time and energy!

• Like 3

Square toe golf shoes? Mmmmm - No. Haven't worn any square toe shoes since the 70's when Fry boots were all the rage. Speakers built into a golf bag? Say it ain't so. Too bad Plaid. It's so.

Bolt on driver face? Hmmm...yeah... maybe. I'd like to learn more about this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, already talked to our GM about getting one of those. 

Please post some photos one day. I defiantly want to see you riding that thing. Video would be even better. LOL

• Like 2

Those Honma clubs....  

I just hit the recent 747 Tour V and fell in love... I can only imagine what these are like.... Oh, man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

Yep, already talked to our GM about getting one of those.  You know, so I can get around the course easier to check on our outings.  Strictly business purposes

My buddy in Kentucky gets his in March. They expect them to save 30 minutes per round, and have already written rules and information that anyone on a Finn Cycle has “right-of-way” and is to be allowed to play through. They bought four vehicles, all a different color so they could easily say, “Blue needs air. Red needs a charge,” etc. They will start advertising that they have them in late February. Such a great idea, and it’s a public course!!!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

My buddy in Kentucky gets his in March. They expect them to save 30 minutes per round, and have already written rules and information that anyone on a Finn Cycle has “right-of-way” and is to be allowed to play through. They bought four vehicles, all a different color so they could easily say, “Blue needs air. Red needs a charge,” etc. They will start advertising that they have them in late February. Such a great idea, and it’s a public course!!!!

Yeah, ideally we would need two, just so a two some coudl try them out.   And right there is the rub.   They are roughly $4,000 apiece, where a single golf cart is about $2,500 each.   So not saying we would replace all 150 of our carts, but I think it'd be interesting to bring at least 4 on to see how they go, and if there would be a market to rent them?

Do you have any idea how much they are going to charge per round, over and above the normal green/cart fee?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

As cool as they are. i wonder how practical they will actually end up being. Also, how much damage will they cause? 

• Like 1