GolfSpy Barbajo

2020 PGA show, so far...

Our Sponsors

50 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Well no one else has said it but those PRGR irons look stunning--- I do know for a fact back in the day they made some little heater hybrids---- And the MP-20s If I was buying new irons that would be what I got--- Of course you guys would expect that of me being a blade man

Well that could go either way, they are indeed blades so they are right up your alley. But they are made in the 21st century, so there's that mark against them 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

however they do continue to add features to the app....

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-golf-launches-world-s-first-a-i-powered-rangefinder

I've never used Arccos but plan on doing so this year; I have a small older iphone that is slim and won't bother me in my pocket and will only be used for this.  I've heard the iOS version is better than Android too.  I do think they could focus on putting more effort towards a non-phone-in-the-pocket option; these features are nice but if usability is an issue then all bets are off.

I played today with the updated Arccos A I  powered range finder and found it very useful on a wet, cool and windy day (15 to 30 mph). Really helped me choose clubs wisely!

• Like 1

Come on Evnroll, stop making certain putters in black and just make all of them available. They added the 1.2 and 7, why not the 2.2 as well? I don't get it.

• Like 2

Anything new or different from Edel?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Edel did not attend the show - I think this is the third year in a row they haven’t been here.

• Like 2

Edel did not attend the show - I think this is the third year in a row they haven’t been here.

I had a conversation with one of the executives a couple weeks back. Just by the way the conversation went, they seemed quite challenged for capital. The economics there seem quite tight! They, honestly, may not have the money to participate. Glad they’re in the MGS club testing this year, though!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

I get it. I was hoping to hear good news about them. 

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I had a conversation with one of the executives a couple weeks back. Just by the way the conversation went, they seemed quite challenged for capital. The economics there seem quite tight! They, honestly, may not have the money to participate. Glad they’re in the MGS club testing this year, though!!!

That makes me want to order a wedge today. A lot of people who use their clubs often have more good to say than bad. 

• Like 1

That makes me want to order a wedge today. A lot of people who use their clubs often have more good to say than bad. 

I loved the irons, and the wedges! No doubt. There are new clubs coming this year, so they’re not closing-up shop, but they are looking for capital investment to expand the offerings, and to shore-up things. I’ve been to their HQ, and they’re a very small operation. Skeleton crew, but what they turn-out is exceptional!

• Like 3

Saw one of the putters queued up for most wanted testing. Looks like a new type of face insert. Don’t know if anything else they might have changed.

• Like 4

Saw one of the putters queued up for most wanted testing. Looks like a new type of face insert. Don’t know if anything else they might have changed.

Yup! That was what got me wondering as well. It was slightly different than their typical offerings.
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 6:02 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Last year we only had a few shits with it - and the sound wasn’t quite right.

Wow!! 🤣😝

• Haha 1

it appears they finally have the phone-in-the-pocket thing solved with an module that attaches to your belt. As I understand it, you still need to be in relative close proximity to your phone, but it doesn't have to be physically on you.

Yup,  It's called the link.  I was supposed to launch in June 2019.  Then got delayed to the fall, and then again, and again.  

The Arccos CEO talks a big game, but he has yet to back it up by improving the user experience.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Harry and Chris attended an ARCCOS breakfast meeting - it appears they finally have the phone-in-the-pocket thing solved with an module that attaches to your belt. As I understand it, you still need to be in relative close proximity to your phone, but it doesn't have to be physically on you. They're also doing some things with their app - I don't have the details but the boys do - that led ARCCOS's founder to declare that within two years, the laser rangefinder will be obsolete. 

Bold.

Exciting!  Can't wait to see what they've come up with.  

LOL on the LRF being obsolete.... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

Wow!! 🤣😝

Do that a lot on the phone - the I and the O with old fingers man...😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

They announced the idea a year ago, yesterday.  It has yet to see the light of day (after being delayed multiple times)

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-golf-launches-pre-sale-for-arccos-link

Still... “Need to have the phone nearby/close proximity....” Hopefully that means in the cart!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

They announced the idea a year ago, yesterday.  It has yet to see the light of day (after being delayed multiple times)

https://www.arccosgolf.com/blogs/community/arccos-golf-launches-pre-sale-for-arccos-link

Aware of that - my hope is that since they were talking with Harry and Adam about it that means they are nearly ready to release.  If it's something that's not working and they haven't got it figured out then I can't imagine why they'd discuss it.  Suppose I'm an eternal optimist.

3 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Still... “Need to have the phone nearby/close proximity....” Hopefully that means in the cart!

Yeah... I have a push cart and walk a lot so it's not a big deal to have my cart nearby when I swing.  Could also just place the phone on the ground near the ball too.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PMookie said:

It's does. The link will store a limited amount of data and needs to periodically dump it to the app on the phone. Similar to the Apple watch 

15 minutes ago, jlukes said:

It's does. The link will store a limited amount of data and needs to periodically dump it to the app on the phone. Similar to the Apple watch 

Could be inconvenient on cart-path only days and also---at least on our course, some of the tee boxes and greens can be 20 yards or more from the cart path.  So hopefully close by doesn't mean 15 feet.  

• Like 4