2020 PGA show, so far...

Our Sponsors

Looking at your pics and see one of Rodney Dangerfield. 🤣  I thought he had passed. 😧

CURRENTLY TESTING: SkyCaddie SX400

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a busy couple of days gang. Spent Monday at the Tour Edge Media Day at Lake Nona - with presentations by Lamkin, onCore, Finn Scooters, Seed Golf balls, ShotScope and a few others.   Got to se

Things are winding down this morning - Harry and I might head over the show for one last go-round, but Day 3 is always a light day. Day 2 was, however, was a long one, with a lot of ground covered. 

After the show we held a 6-person Mini Golf Shootout - the first ever MyGolfSpy Mini Golf Classic - at the Pirate’s Cove on International Drive. In a victory for every round-bellied gray hair out

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

Looking at your pics and see one of Rodney Dangerfield. 🤣  I thought he had passed. 😧

Rodney impersonator - he's been coming since 2012. Funny dude....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

EDIT: not sure what happened - the video was there a minute ago but was deleted...anyhow - if you're interested he'll probably put a new one up.

EDIT2 - looks like it's back

Mark Crossfield teams up with the TXG guys and the boys from MyGolfSpy to talk hot golf products for 2020

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Thanks for the updates!

At first I was excited about the Arccos Link but now having my phone with me isnt a bother. I like having the caddie app to help with distances and club selection. Havent had any issues with missing shots and excited to try the new putter fix for the superstroke grips. 

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Could be inconvenient on cart-path only days and also---at least on our course, some of the tee boxes and greens can be 20 yards or more from the cart path.  So hopefully close by doesn't mean 15 feet.  

Pretty sure that won't be the case. If it is, it would seem Arccos knows more about golf data than how actually people play golf 

• Like 2

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

18 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Yes - this spring they’ll be coming out with the V3 watch to do shot tracking and GPS. We got to see it but it is under embargo for pictures. I can say it’s maybe a wee smaller in size compared to an Apple Watch - and a bit lighter. Huge leap forward - and it will come in different colors. You can also buy different color straps if you want.

They’re also introducing a GPS only watch.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Sounds like a great upgrade is on the way!  I completely forgot to ask about RZN golf balls.  I stumbled upon their website a year ago or so.  Really glad it is the real deal and the ball is coming back out.  I will be very interested to get my hands on a dozen or two.

• Like 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well that could go either way, they are indeed blades so they are right up your alley. But they are made in the 21st century, so there's that mark against them 🙂

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!  You called it dead on the screws on the 21st century thing. But you are talking to a guy who just moved into the 21st century automotive wise  no joke. Last week I did buy a ( gasp) 2001 Mercedes Benz S-500. And yes in Stu tradition it does have some rust on it but everything works and it runs and drives good. Golf wise I do own 4 sets of irons made this century and around 30 sets made last century

• Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

7 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!  You called it dead on the screws on the 21st century thing. But you are talking to a guy who just moved into the 21st century automotive wise  no joke. Last week I did buy a ( gasp) 2001 Mercedes Benz S-500. And yes in Stu tradition it does have some rust on it but everything works and it runs and drives good. Golf wise I do own 4 sets of irons made this century and around 30 sets made last century

... Big un' if we ever play together I will bring my Z Forged MB's. They are the largest club heads I have ever played. You will take one look at them in the address position and think "how in the he!! am I supposed to hit these whales!!!"  😳 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... For those that have never been to the PGA Show, after doing it several years it can get a little boring waiting in line for hours on Demo Day to hit clubs you know are going to be good. Or waiting to talk to someone at the Show about a product you already know pretty well. The real treat is finding a product that was off your radar and then being very impressed with it and even putting it in your bag. Obviously you found a gem in the rough with the Bloodline putter, maybe even something you might never have had an opportunity to try. Great stuff Barbajo! 

... And for novelty enjoyment, finding ridiculous products that you just have to laugh at. A tee that adds 7 yards? Use two and gain 14 yards! 😜  Everyone knows how easy golf is on your back so bending down to your shoe to get your ball marker and divot repair off your shoe must have been designed and marketed by a Chiropractor. 🤣

The one time I went was in 05  when we had the golf shop and I still had my Class A card---- I am an equipment junkie anyhow and I darn near walked myself to death. Even though Big John (RIP) and myself ate like horses I still managed to lose 5 lbs. Never went out at night because I was too darn tired. I agree with you and laughed on some of the novelty stuff but as P T Barnum was famous for saying " there is a sucker born every minute"

• Like 2

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

7 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Big un' if we ever play together I will bring my Z Forged MB's. They are the largest club heads I have ever played. You will take one look at them in the address position and think "how in the he!! am I supposed to hit these whales!!!"  😳 

Man I would love to get together and play some time--- Those ancient KZG CBs I play from time to time look big compared to the Mac and Hogan blades I am used to especially the 6 and 7 irons.

• Like 3

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

6 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Sounds like a great upgrade is on the way!  I completely forgot to ask about RZN golf balls.  I stumbled upon their website a year ago or so.  Really glad it is the real deal and the ball is coming back out.  I will be very interested to get my hands on a dozen or two.

And from what I gathered from Barbajo the people that owned the patent are now marketing them. Wonder who is actually going to make the ball for them? In the past it was well known Bridgestone made all of Nike's balls. Nike's design and engineering but I guess one could say assembled by Bridgestone.

• Like 1

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

And from what I gathered from Barbajo the people that owned the patent are now marketing them. Wonder who is actually going to make the ball for them? In the past it was well known Bridgestone made all of Nike's balls. Nike's design and engineering but I guess one could say assembled by Bridgestone.

Not entirely sure (we will find out) but I believe these balls are made in Asia, as were Nike’s RZN balls and, I think, a generations of balls before the RZN.

Bridgestone went into a little detail during their presentation on the balls Monday night about the original Tiger ball from 2000. There’s also an interesting article on line about it - I’ll see if I can find the link.

• Like 4

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

After the show we held a 6-person Mini Golf Shootout - the first ever MyGolfSpy Mini Golf Classic - at the Pirate’s Cove on International Drive.

In a victory for every round-bellied gray hair out there, yours truly blitzed the kids, running away with a 6 stroke victory.

Here’s a shot of the champ with his trophy, as well as the obligatory WITB....

CBCE50D2-F516-4F51-A61A-681AED64DE67.jpg.c7b36ef1dc78f5b289bd820d67db2393.jpg

CFE86E4C-6FFB-447A-8BB2-387FF6D329FC.jpg.c90496214d98296d0e3e2ab5487af068.jpg

Amazing.

What ball did you use? Soft still = slow in putt putt
  • Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

9 hours ago, chisag said:

Everyone knows how easy golf is on your back so bending down to your shoe to get your ball marker and divot repair off your shoe must have been designed and marketed by a Chiropractor. 🤣

Actually, it was made by some actors that were in Hamilton

https://www.golf.com/gear/accessories/2019/12/23/hamilton-stars-create-genius-golf-accessory/

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

After the show we held a 6-person Mini Golf Shootout - the first ever MyGolfSpy Mini Golf Classic - at the Pirate’s Cove on International Drive.

In a victory for every round-bellied gray hair out there, yours truly blitzed the kids, running away with a 6 stroke victory.

Well done!  I take it the other guys got stuck on the clown hole?  I don't hear you laughing now!

clown.gif.00c1b5ad2a7fa5d583c529c01cdc4659.gif

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

Actually, it was made by some actors that were in Hamilton

https://www.golf.com/gear/accessories/2019/12/23/hamilton-stars-create-genius-golf-accessory/

HAHA!  "genius" - LOL

• Like 2

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

20 hours ago, bens197 said:

Amazing.

What ball did you use? Soft still = slow in putt putt

LOL and knowing John like I do I can guarantee he had some one over at the show slip some kind of Tour Only shaft in it and do a balance job on that putter

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies