Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2020 Titleist AVX Golf Ball

Golfspy_CG2

That’s what made me like it so much when I first tried it, the boring ball flight! Being a high ball hitter it was a welcomed sight. I’m not accurate with driver either. Is distance from 2 iron and fairway wood off the tee better than the last model? Spin into greens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah. I think the distance is better, gree side spin is definitely better. Not super spiny, but doesn’t roll off the back.

Far superior spin than the last model.

The AVX is the lowest-spinning and lowest-flying of the three models, and it also offers the softest compression. The Pro V1 offers a slightly higher launch angle off the tee with medium compression while the Pro V1x produces the highest launch with the firmest compression of the group.

On 4/12/2020 at 9:46 PM, Howie said:

So it seems the 2020 AVX creeps a bit closer to the ProV1 performance specs.

How does it compare to the "Left Dash" ProV1X?

The left dash is still a high trajectory ball just has a few hundred rpm less spin than the regular 1x

The avx is going to fly lower than the Prov1 and spin less. I wouldn’t say that this version creeps near it, they just added modified the design to add green side spin. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I really want to try this new version. The old was just as many have already described, great in wind, lows spin, longer on irons but short on driver and a little mushy off the putter. If new one fixes the 40 & under spin and feels a little firmer I think it would compete with my Bstone. But I have to try it’s new version to.

Courses are open locally but just had shoulder surgery and have a few more weeks of no golf😢

• 2 weeks later...

I have not found any new AVX to try so I boughtva sleeve this afternoon. Give report after I get some holes on them. 

The place I bought them from is selling quite a few of this years balls and people are speaking highly of them. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I had settled in on the Pro-v-1X, but the AVX is longer off the tee for me. I put a lot of spin on the ball due to a descending driver swing. I've tried to fix it but at 70 yrs. old,  it keeps coming back. I really like the "X" around the green and off the putter, but I'm going to try the AVX again. Ten more yards off the tee can make a big difference .

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough