TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ping G20 & I20 Driver with AWT?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Ping is often times very tough to get details about their new launches when compared to many other companies. I usually get heads up of many of the new designs well ahead of the leaks I get about Ping products.

But a couple weeks ago I noticed that Ping filed a trademark for the term "AWT". So what does this mean? I honestly did not think that Ping would ever use an AWT technology because of their current fitting system and how they promote fitting across the globe. But if they do come out with an "Adjsutable Weight Technology" in their new driver line I can speculate that it will be innovative. That is what they are known for. They don't release ground breaking technology every year but when they do it usually lasts the test of time.

So what are your thoughts on this new trademark applied for by Ping. Do you think they will come out with an "AWT" in their next driver release??

ping-awt-trademark.jpg

#TruthDigest

AWT is PING for Ascending Weight Technology. It is their current steel shaft for irons.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I am aware of the shaft for the acronym. But this trademark was applied for just 2 weeks ago. And was filed under golf clubs.

AWT is PING for Ascending Weight Technology. It is their current steel shaft for irons.

#TruthDigest

I am aware of the shaft for the acronym. But this trademark was applied for just 2 weeks ago. And was filed under golf clubs.

My bad. Seems a bit strange that ping would trademark the same acronym for 2 different things though.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I agree Nic. Just have never seen them trademark an name after the product has been released. But you might be right.

My bad. Seems a bit strange that ping would trademark the same acronym for 2 different things though.

#TruthDigest

I'm left handed so I've never been able to hit a fast track driver, one of many clubs they don't make in LH. Of all the adjustable weight systems I like the idea and look of Mizuno's. But never being able to hit it I don't know how it performs.

Has Ping previously trademarked AWT for their shafts? Did they forget to trade mark it?

I'd prefer a system that can change COG, so it changes launch on windy days you can raise COG and hit it low.

I'm left handed so I've never been able to hit a fast track driver, one of many clubs they don't make in LH. Of all the adjustable weight systems I like the idea and look of Mizuno's. But never being able to hit it I don't know how it performs.

Has Ping previously trademarked AWT for their shafts? Did they forget to trade mark it?

I'd prefer a system that can change COG, so it changes launch on windy days you can raise COG and hit it low.

Same here, Reg.

I wonder if you're on to something... aside from Ping's house line, the only AWT shafts that are billed as AWT is from Snake Eyes. Jeff Sheets, who was working for Golfsmith for a time, is a big proponent of AWT for irons/wedges. At least, that's all I've ever been able to find. You can simulate it with something like TT's GS75, 85 and 95 series or Apollo's Acculite 75, 85, 95 series... there's others, but you get the idea. Makes me think Ping is just making sure they're the only game in town in that regards.

I'm thinking of getting some i15 hydrids now they are cheaper. From past experiences how long is it from when Ping drops their price to when we see the new line? Tossing up whether to wait and see the i20.

I thought most companies drop the price when the new line is released, not before the line is even announced.

Great scoop MGS! I can't wait to see what this is. Ping is riding a huge wave of success with the G15, and with Westwood and Watson winning like they are. Throw in AWT, and Ping is going to start winning over new customers at record pace.

Invictus.

Exitus acta probat.

Bona fide.

G15 line maybe the best club set/driver/fairway wood/rescue clubs to be sold in the last 10 years, for the normal weekend player. Is it me, or does Pink always hold their value club wise also?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

G15 line maybe the best club set/driver/fairway wood/rescue clubs to be sold in the last 10 years, for the normal weekend player. Is it me, or does Pink always hold their value club wise also?

I think Ping's hold their value very well.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

Archived