AboveParTarheel

Need advice on club purchase

Our Sponsors

Retired US Army Officer headed to NC from Nova Scotia this week and I’m taking my clubs (southern set) that have been in NC to Golf Galaxy to trade in.  
I’m stuck on what I should use the trade in credit on.  Originally was thinking a new putter.  I have multiple putters but have never really found “the one”.  I’m constantly switching what’s in the bag.   Was considering Bettinardi BB-1, Ping Heppler Tyne or an Odyssey Stroke Lab... 1 or 7.   I want to definitely try the raved Tommy Armour Impact 3 also since it does so well in product reviews.   Thoughts?

Then I’m thinking forget a new flatstick and use the trade in credit on wedges with proper gapping.  I currently play G20 irons.  Yes game improvement.   I’ve always had Vokey blade style wedges.   Do I try Cleveland CBX?  Ping Glide or take advantage of the SM7 that are currently on sale?

Wedges or putter?  Thoughts?  

The trade in value is 340 USD at Golf Galaxy:

Bridgestone J15 DF 4-PW

Bridgestone J40 driver

Titleist 915 D2 8.5 driver

Titleist 910 F 

Titleist 915 Hybrid 

Edel 51 deg

Edel 55 deg

Ping B90

Odyssey Two Ball Saturn

Your thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

00B6B803-FEC9-4619-8855-D9C4025B9BB2.jpeg

1F0ACFD4-8374-4455-88AE-635DD6090CFD.jpeg

Edited by AboveParTarheel

Just me personally. I would demo the stroke lab putter.  See which one fits your style.  The tech in StrokeLab is for real and works.  

As for the other $100 or so left..maybe trade in your hybrid and see if there is an 816 H1 in the used section.  They are a huge improvement over the 915 in your bag. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just me personally. I would demo the stroke lab putter.  See which one fits your style.  The tech in StrokeLab is for real and works.  

As for the other $100 or so left..maybe trade in your hybrid and see if there is an 816 H1 in the used section.  They are a huge improvement over the 915 in your bag. 

Thanks so much!  That’s the kind of information and opinion I’m after.  I’ll definitely try the Stroke Lab putters. 

• Like 2

Stroke Lab has a unique weight and last year's model had a very polarizing feel off the face. Definitely try before you buy with that line 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Stroke Lab has a unique weight and last year's model had a very polarizing feel off the face. Definitely try before you buy with that line 

Thanks will do! 

I have the Tommy Armour Impact #3 and it is great. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

At $100, the TA I pact #3 is a no brained.

I have one and really like it. I will go to it when my Evnroll ER-6 goes south.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Had to pay 60.00 after my trade ins.   Very happy so far.  I’d never used the square back.   I was going to go home with the Newport 2 but after about an hour the Squareback 2 was the best feeling.  

E1750D3E-9253-4761-B92A-BE95144CA55B.jpeg

C4C2B262-A253-4D24-A313-06595315BFB7.jpeg

A43CDACA-D2E1-4161-9BF4-01BCD22F2EC6.jpeg

B74979CD-38F2-4865-B48B-D1529D74BEBA.jpeg

• Like 1

Putter decisions are very personal. Try as many as you can over a few week period and gradually narrow down your choices. Pick the one that feels the best with your stroke and helps you avoid pull/push. Whatever always starts on the intended line will be the right choice. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a putter. Mine was just over $100 and I'm really happy with it!

• Like 1