azstu324

Kids these days..?

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, bens197 said:

These people are vampires

#facts.  Garlic in the desk drawers might be a good start.  Or a good stapler in jello 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

#facts.  Garlic in the desk drawers might be a good start.  Or a good stapler in jello

You should take her into custardy
  • Haha 3

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

@azstu324, I had a situation When I was just starting to play, I sliced a ball and hit a house.. Being an "Adult", I went over to see if I caused any damage. I did not.. But the Home owner came out and went Ape Sh!t crazy. Telling me that it's people like me that make living on a golf course the worst and on and on.. When he finally stopped to catch his breath, I apologized told him that I was very sorry. He went off again, how Me saying I am sorry is supposed to make it all better, Mind you I did no damage, ball bounced off his deck.. He kept going on.. Being a total A$$hole.. I must have apologized 4-5 time.. then I finally had enough, I told him he was done yelling at me and it was time for him to accept my apology and go back inside. That set him off again.. I finally yelled Look if you want to keep this up Go ahead. I'm going to play golf.. I walked away. dropped and played on..

The whole point is A$$holes are just that.. no matter the age, sex, race, ect. Some people are just that way.. Your Daughter will always remember how YOU handle yourself, not so much how this knucklehead acted... try to be respectful, say your piece, and Move on.. in the grand scheme of things you have bigger concerns then this guy..

• Like 8

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

3 hours ago, bens197 said:

You should take her into custardy emoji6.png

You're so punny.  I'm afraid I'm not much into the whole lady vampire thing.

• Like 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:cobra-small: F9 TL, Atmos TS Blue
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:bridgestone-small: BXS

Romans 10:9

On 1/28/2020 at 12:06 PM, azstu324 said:

I think that a lot of this goes back to the point about "if it isn't on social media then it never happened". Most of the people taking video aren't doing it for themselves so much as the opportunity to post it on Facebook, Instagram, etc. "look", "I was here", "I witnessed this event". "Please acknowledge and comment that what I am doing is important, cool, relevant, etc". Which is sad because it's almost as if they're attending the event for every other reason than for themselves. It really is a sad thing that psychologically, people feel like they can't survive without the acknowledgement of the social media world. 

I realize we have taken your thread way off track...sorry for that.  But I think you may have gotten what you needed out of it.

But in anycase, I meant to reply to this the other day when I saw it and got distracted...ha

But you are 100% spot on about the video/pics not being to save to view later as a reminder of the great event they saw.  It's an immediate rush to get it up on FB/IG or Twitter.  Just watch after the shot if the camera lingers, you'll see everyone immediately go to their phones and start uploading or posting it somewhere.  Not simply put the phone down and continue to watch.   Now I am 100% guilty of this sometimes, the video I posted last night of Red Panda at the basketball game.  There is close to a 100% chance that in two weeks or less, I'll even forget I have that video on my phone, it was all about the moment of "sharing" it to SM.   So I guess I can't come down to hard, other than to say, I like to think I wouldn't do that, if I was watching Rory Tee Off on a par 5 and bombing it 350.  I  like to think I would watch it with my own eye, not through a camera's eye, and just enjoy how much he crushed it.   But who knows 🙂 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

... CG2,  I really struggle with this. Life is meant to be lived. I will acquiesce that I grew up without any kind DVR device let alone a computer in my pocket with a HD camera. So living in the moment was much easier in the 1960/70's than it is today with constant distractions that we just didn't have. I am not tied to my phone and often forget to even bring it with me, much to the chagrin of my agent. When I go to a concert I want to soak up every second LIVE because it is the only time I can. The atmosphere, the energy, the music and the spectacle because being 100% immersed is exactly why I am there! I can watch someone else's concert footage on my phone or TV at home if I wanted my experience to be reduced to a small box. I am just flabbergasted by folks over 50 that go to a concert to see The Eagles, Radiohead, ZZ Top orJoe Bonamassa and spend all or most of the night staring at their phone screen. And it isn't like a couple people, it seems closer to 40%. It was interesting to see the signs at the TOOL concert a few months ago that said you could be removed if you took any pictures or videos on your phone. Then before the last encore, Maynard told the audience that all the idiots (paraphrasing) could pull out their phones and record the last song. It was well over 50%. 😳

... Now I am not against technology or what it offers and love my iPhone but think it is a blessing and a curse. Standing on a tee box and being awed by the view and wishing to share on a golf forum does not take away from the live moment of playing while just waiting on the tee anyway. Or taking a picture with a playing partner to remember the day. Or any other stagnate videos/pictures if you can fully appreciate the moment you are in while not missing any of it, like a Pro golfer hitting it 350 at a tournament. Someone can say they just want to see a swing and study it, but of course you can find that online and in more detail than anything you can take yourself. 

• Like 5

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Pro Orange 60r
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 75s
Utility:   TaylorMade RBZ Tour Hy ... Matrix Altus 85 hy
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Kuro Kage 105 Tini s-flex
              4-pw TaylorMade P760 ... Recoil Prototype 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Recoil 110s
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

Chi-I can't disagree with any of that at all, based on your timeline, I'm perhaps your age or at most 5 years younger....I'll say it i'm 60 🙂    So I grew up with the same or same lack of technology for the most part that you reference.  I will admit despite some of my peers thinking I'm an antiquated old fart, I love all the new technology, for the most part.  I definitely think it has it's place and definitely has places where it should not be.   I'm with you 100% on the concerts.   I don't go to many, but I don't think I would be like the ones you referenced, maybe I might video 30 seconds of one song or something post/share, but I would much rather be immersed in the atmosphere. 

I liked it when they banned phones at golf tournaments, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything, by not being able to video.   Now my Fiance is 100% against all SM and just doesn't get the need to video/share or post anything like that, and see's works in the IT department of her company...ha     But she got really angry with me last year when we were at the Magic Kingdom and I video'd the majority of the fireworks display.   She felt I didn't experience the moment with her but rather 300 and some IG friends 🙂

Of course the next day when I was videoing Lexi in the Puma booth I had to convince here it was "for my job, and I had to do it"  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Now my Fiance is 100% against all SM and just doesn't get the need to video/share or post anything like that, and see's works in the IT department of her company...ha

Actually, lots of us in tech are fairly cold on social media, especially after hours. It's nice to leave the digital behind and be analog for a few hours each day. 

But I do lurk on golf twitter, and I did just see this from ClubProGuy: 

It's funny to watch, no doubt, but it's sad as well. Someone needs to straighten this kid out. 

• Like 4

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

22 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Actually, lots of us in tech are fairly cold on social media, especially after hours. It's nice to leave the digital behind and be analog for a few hours each day. 

But I do lurk on golf twitter, and I did just see this from ClubProGuy: 

It's funny to watch, no doubt, but it's sad as well. Someone needs to straighten this kid out. 

Yep, I'm sure any course management that was watching that, had a nice talk with him and his coach.