Shankster

Waste Management Phoenix Open

Our Sponsors

IMG_7093.PNG

One of the most popular events of the season for spectators... I guess. Just one tournament closer to The Masters.

Picking Anyone that is in the OWGR top 5 to take this one.

You?

• Like 2

I am thinking Mr. Anheuser Busch will take the win on this one.

On the golf course, I'm taking Bubba.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Crowd gets Spieth going and Jordan wins on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That would be something. He needs some sort of inspiration. Maybe the weekend fans will bring it out?
  • Like 3

Over/under on DUI's coming out of this event for the week is 10,000.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

Over/under on DUI's coming out of this event for the week is 10,000.

Take. The. Over. 

30 minutes ago, Shankster said:

That would be something. He needs some sort of inspiration. Maybe the weekend fans will bring it out?

I was thinking Rahm...Sun Devil...but I thought Spieth made some really good swings this week and could ride that out. Besides, the fans love him. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bens197 said:

I like Spieth, but he hasn't shown me that he can put two good rounds together on the weekend for 2 years.  If he can play the weekend under par, then I will give him some consideration.

Im picking Im

• Like 3

Webb Simpson.  This is an event most enjoyed from the safety of one's home... and with the mute button close by 🙂.

• Like 4

So far all of my picks have disappointed me - so not going with a favorite to win. 

• Like 3

The winner... The PHX county sheriffs department. 

They are going to hit their yearly quota of public intoxication bookings. It is like black friday for them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Quigleyd said:

The winner... The PHX county sheriffs department. 

They are going to hit their yearly quota of public intoxication bookings. It is like black friday for them. 

I think if I was a lawyer there, I'd have a billboard ad by the course stating that I handle DUI's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is a love/hate tournament beyond a doubt.  I would not love this atmosphere every week but I think once in a while is good for the game.  I always enjoy watching for that reason and because I've played the course (my folks retired to Scottsdale - both have passed so I haven't been there in a while.)  Having written that I won't be watching this year - I have weddings on Saturday and Sunday - it will be a crazy weekend.  I will get home in time for the Super Bowl but it's highly unlikely that I see any of the golf. 😞

• Like 1

So being a Phoenician of nearly 27 years I've probably been to the Garbage Open 4 times. Every time I go I'm reminded of why I don't go often and promise myself never to go back.

Being a SW golf Mecca, it just blows my mind why we can't get just 1 more big but normal event here. If I had a dollar for every true local golf enthusiasts that I know personally who takes a hard PASS on the WM, I'd have enough money for a round at TPC Snobsdale (growing up in Mesa, and having a wife raised in Scottsdale, I've earned the right to call names).

Honestly I can think of other better places than a PGA event for ASUs freshman class to take their weekend field trip.

Ok, I'm climbing down from my mile-high soapbox tirade now.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It's known as the "Wasted" Management for a reason!  Enjoying an adult beverage responsibly is almost non-existent in modern culture. 

Drinking myself into oblivion isn't my idea of fun!  Hanging out with 200,000 people who do is my idea of hell!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

It's known as the "Wasted" Management for a reason!  Enjoying an adult beverage responsibly is almost non-existent in modern culture. 

Drinking myself into oblivion isn't my idea of fun!  Hanging out with 200,000 people who do is my idea of hell!

And this is one of the numerous reasons why I don't like college football (so it's 100K instead of 200K).  That and the fact that most games have little action and last longer than a round of golf.  And the Super Bowl resembles that - but I will probably enjoy watching it - from the safety of my living room.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2020 at 9:29 PM, Kenny B said:

I like Spieth, but he hasn't shown me that he can put two good rounds together on the weekend for 2 years.  If he can play the weekend under par, then I will give him some consideration.

Im picking Im

Man is it ever getting hard to be a Speith fan.  His precipitous fall has been tough to watch.  I thought for sure he would be a top 10 player for many years but then cupid's arrow found its mark.... sigh 😪.  I've been hoping with the engagement and wedding now in the rearview mirror the mental part of his game would return - but it has not.  I sure hope 2020 is the year... just as I'd hoped 2019 would be.  

Quick link to the leaderboard:

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/waste-management-phoenix-open/leaderboard.html

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Man is it ever getting hard to be a Speith fan.  His precipitous fall has been tough to watch.  I thought for sure he would be a top 10 player for many years but then cupid's arrow found its mark.... sigh 😪.  I've been hoping with the engagement and wedding now in the rearview mirror the mental part of his game would return - but it has not.  I sure hope 2020 is the year... just as I'd hoped 2019 would be.  

https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2020/waste-management-phoenix-open/leaderboard.html

Wow!  Lot of players tied for the lead at Even.   🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'd agree - tough to watch him = He has definitely lost his mojo. Maybe dropping out of the top 50 will be a wake-up call? 

30 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'd agree - tough to watch him = He has definitely lost his mojo. Maybe dropping out of the top 50 will be a wake-up call? 

He has the driver yips. His swing is/was pretty unconventional for a tour pro. The weird chicken wing action. it worked for a long time and he was very accurate. I think he tried to pick up some yards and lost it. he was short'ish but accurate. Now he is still short'ish but can't find the planet. That plus his putter cooled tremendously. 

• Like 1