Shankster

Waste Management Phoenix Open

Our Sponsors

27 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

WOW!!  Talk about being all over the place.

JB.JPG.88fc0ac4d78ae1829af49b2f3926f63b.JPG

Even par... not bad!

Nice start for Im.  -3 thru 3.  Hope he can keep it going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gobama84 said:

Golfs equivalent of hitting for the cycle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

And shoots a nice 64... sweet!!

• Love 1

JB needs one of these.  Problem is he'll have to buy two and hook them end to end 😆

forearm.jpg.a822a2a0db2ed926500c8fcf27fb48c7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

JB in 1st and Harris in 2nd.  I'm happy with today.

I'll say.  I have 6 of my 8 in the field this week... hope they all make the cut.

Rickie really struggling with the driver today. Hopefully his putter can keep it from getting away. 

• Sad 1

Jordan really showing the frustration.  So many lengthy putts for birdie on-line but coming up just short.  Watching his mannerisms of late sure seems like he's fighting every aspect of the game and that freewheeling gunslinger self from his early years is lost.

• Like 2

Jordan really showing the frustration.  So many lengthy putts for birdie on-line but coming up just short.  Watching his mannerisms of late sure seems like he's fighting every aspect of the game and that freewheeling gunslinger self from his early years is lost.

I’m interested in Mike Greller’s role. One thing he always seemed to have with Jordan was that “friend type” relationship where he could cross the line and sort him out like a friend would.
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’m interested in Mike Greller’s role. One thing he always seemed to have with Jordan was that “friend type” relationship where he could cross the line and sort him out like a friend would.

Outwardly they don't seem to have the same dynamic as the winning days.  But a long spell of scrambling and losing no doubt has negative effects on both of them.  I don't know what the history is on caddie change-up's (positive vs. negative) or that it it makes sense in Jordan's current case - but that has been discussed more than once by the talking heads.

• Like 2

I'd agree - tough to watch him = He has definitely lost his mojo. Maybe dropping out of the top 50 will be a wake-up call? 

Speith at three over will definitely have another open weekend on his schedule. I really like him but geez tough to watch.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Big ups to HV3 on his 18 pars in round 1. Favorite for the US Open for sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Speith at three over will definitely have another open weekend on his schedule. I really like him but geez tough to watch.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Maybe he and Rickie will flip it and score bigly today.  Even though neither is on my fantasy team, I want to see them play this weekend.  How about Wyndham Clarks career best!  During his last handful of holes the crowds had all but vanished - probably felt like a casual practice round. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Big ups to HV3 on his 18 pars in round 1. Favorite for the US Open for sure.

Don't scoff at him... my team anchor has already shown it can be done 😆.

image.png.9989f6fe219e2e7ab29d3b662aa9f45b.png

Looking for Webb to find another zone today 🤨.

• Like 2

Watching Jordan Speith right now is kinda rough. Poor kid has almost completely lost his swing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Watching Jordan Speith right now is kinda rough. Poor kid has almost completely lost his swing. 

I thought that, too.  Yesterday one of his swings off the tee found a fairway but the swing itself and his facial expressions made it look like he is looking for a lost swing.  He may need a trip down to Utopia, TX.

24 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I thought that, too.  Yesterday one of his swings off the tee found a fairway but the swing itself and his facial expressions made it look like he is looking for a lost swing.  He may need a trip down to Utopia, TX.

Not much has been discussed about Cameron McCormick... and whether its time for a change at this position too.  He dosen't list a "sports psychologist" on his team website.  If he dosen't have one he might think about hiring one.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 11:05 AM, gobama84 said:

But what a way to finish!!

JB.JPG

JB.JPG

Edited by gobama84
Tried to delete the extra .jpg

What a drastic contrast between the Saudi Int'l and the WM events.  Safe to say the fan base is near non existent in Saudi Arabia.  But if not fighting crowds and being able to pretty much walk and follow a group around (and see them) play each shot, this is a good venue.

• Like 1