Our Sponsors

I have worked a lot on my swing, one thing that I am struggling with now is my shoulders do not turn fast enough in the downswing. My path tends to be too far inside because of this. It also causes my head to move behind the ball. So as you can see, it causes lots of issues. Any advice, drills or videos would be appreciated! Thanks!

Swing Video: 

Your swing looks better than mine honestly.

Try rotating your hips a little faster and your shoulders will come with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. 82 said:

Your swing looks better than mine honestly.

Try rotating your hips a little faster and your shoulders will come with it.

Thanks, I have really worked on slowing my hips down actually. They used to be very very fast and cause the club to shallow out too quickly. Thanks though!

That's a very solid swing!

You may get lots of advice from the forum but not sure you will get any good advice from the forum.

So for the first piece of bad advice I will say I don't believe it is your shoulders however I believe that your hips are delayed that cause this. 40* open is what avg Tour pro is with hips at impact. I don't think yours are there. Close and good going back but looks like them may stop at or around impact. 

• Like 4

Nice swing!  Oh, to be that young and limber again!!

Nice spine tilt at the top and halfway down, then you lose it... almost standing straight up at impact.  Hips need to clear to make room for the arms to swing to maintain axis tilt.

Just my bad advice from an old golfer.

I wish my swing was like yours!

Buddy...you have a great swing. Great width and balance. I really like how you get your left hip rotating to start your downswing, especially with a shorter iron. I’d like to see this swing with a longer club and see what kind of rotation you have, that’s where I’m sure most of your issues exist.

I see a lot of Cameron Champ in your swing. So, number 1, don’t be so hard on yourself. Long and tall is a gigantic asset.

If you’re looking for your arms to be in better sync with your body I’d check out the Tour Striker Plane Mate. There are some spies working with one right now who hopefully can chime in.