Ultimate Junior Golfer

Drills for Flatteing Swing Plane While Keeping Good Path

Our Sponsors

I have been asking around a lot on these forums to learn some drills I may not know about. One thing I struggle with time to time is a steep backswing. I, of course, combat that with flattening my swing, but that normally results in too much of an in to out path. Anyone have a set of drills or a single drill to help flatten the arm plane while keeping the club on a neutral path? Thanks!

There are lots of options to choose from.  Here's one I've seen used by one of the teaching pros in the area.  He also uses it as a ball collector on the chipping green. 

The pro at Yuma CC uses one of these with his clients.

Personally, I just try and remind myself on each shot, particularly woods and long irons, to keep my hands low and push the club a bit more straight back to start.

• Like 1

If you’re on Instagram I’d browse through Mike Bender’s instruction page. He often covers path and plane with some really good props.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 7:32 AM, fixyurdivot said:

There are lots of options to choose from.  Here's one I've seen used by one of the teaching pros in the area.  He also uses it as a ball collector on the chipping green. 

The pro at Yuma CC uses one of these with his clients.

Personally, I just try and remind myself on each shot, particularly woods and long irons, to keep my hands low and push the club a bit more straight back to start.

I try to do the same thing: lower hands and lower start to backswing. Voice it in my head for every shot! One of these days it may turn into automatic. muscle memory!

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

I try to do the same thing: lower hands and lower start to backswing. Voice it in my head for every shot! One of these days it may turn into automatic. muscle memory!

Me too... good thing my playing partners cannot hear me going through the preflight checklist 😆.

• Haha 1