Who’s still got that old putter they could easily game?

I've got a Callaway I Trax Putter from 2005. Milled from 100% aluminum by Bob Bettinardi. I still game it quite a bit, even though I get teased for the alignment aid. It originally came with a secondary alignment aid that looked more traditional, but its lost now. I'm surprised more companies don't do this today. 

image.png.ea451f5e869536d65c7b849c5717f590.png

EDEL SMS WEDGE TESTER

• Driver: :ping-small: G400 MAX
  • Woods::cobra-small: F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: F7 Hybrid AD DI 95s
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter:   :odyssey-small: White Hot OG 2 ball 

I was gaming an original Ram Zebra up until 2 years ago.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: Titleist 714CB 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM5 & SM6 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Here is a Pic of the Rusty Scotty from the archivespost-4406-0-52470500-1467539145_thumb.jpgpost-4406-0-51510600-1488617192_thumb.jpgpost-4406-0-79091300-1495142533_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

Pics came out sorta big found them on here I do not know why or how

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

Took out my old Ping 1-A for a few rounds earlier. Have to hit it a little harder than my 2-ball but once I got used to it did just fine. I bought it with shop credit after coming in 2nd in a tournament back in 82.

• Like 1

Driver-Ping G400 9° S shaft

3-wood-Ping G400 SFT 16° S shaft

5-wood-Ping TISI Tec 17° S shaft

5-SW Ping G400 Black R shaft

W2 Ping Nickel ISI 49.5°

Odyssey 2ball LH

Here is a Pic of the Rusty Scotty from the archivespost-4406-0-52470500-1467539145_thumb.jpgpost-4406-0-51510600-1488617192_thumb.jpgpost-4406-0-79091300-1495142533_thumb.jpg

Definitely could use a little love

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

19 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Definitely could use a little loveemoji12.png

Actually it does look better than that now not much. I found that thing on the scrap pile on the yard one day. I pulled it out and took it to show my bud the Miura dealer. Well of course half our crowd showed up. We ended up with a game of course and one of the guys said I did not have a hair on my a$$ if I did not putt with it then and there. I told him I needed to wrap the rotten grip. My buddy the Miura dealer threw me on an old Ping Man. But I did go by the lost and found and scarf me a putter cover. Not because it was a Scotty  but because it was so rusty and I had a brand new TEE bag that had a white interior at the top. The rust flew the first two putts and I putted lights out with it. I did on the 2nd hole dip the head in the lake and wiped it dry and it helped some. In fact the pics I posted was of it after a couple of lake dips and wiping off. I ended cleaning it with PB Blaster and steel wool but the scars still show. I putted with it a while and it has cooled off some so right now  ( before my accident) I was gaming a Bobby Grace Mark 5.5 but it will never go anywhere

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Vspin1 said:

Took out my old Ping 1-A for a few rounds earlier. Have to hit it a little harder than my 2-ball but once I got used to it did just fine. I bought it with shop credit after coming in 2nd in a tournament back in 82.

Believe it or not I have one I found at my usual spot on the scrap pile--- Has the original grip and shaft band

• Like 1

Actually it does look better than that now not much. I found that thing on the scrap pile on the yard one day. I pulled it out and took it to show my bud the Miura dealer. Well of course half our crowd showed up. We ended up with a game of course and one of the guys said I did not have a hair on my a$$ if I did not putt with it then and there. I told him I needed to wrap the rotten grip. My buddy the Miura dealer threw me on an old Ping Man. But I did go by the lost and found and scarf me a putter cover. Not because it was a Scotty  but because it was so rusty and I had a brand new TEE bag that had a white interior at the top. The rust flew the first two putts and I putted lights out with it. I did on the 2nd hole dip the head in the lake and wiped it dry and it helped some. In fact the pics I posted was of it after a couple of lake dips and wiping off. I ended cleaning it with PB Blaster and steel wool but the scars still show. I putted with it a while and it has cooled off some so right now  ( before my accident) I was gaming a Bobby Grace Mark 5.5 but it will never go anywhere

Great story Bud!!
Never get rid of that piece of history.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*