Sign in to follow this  
ZenGolfer

Tommy Armour 2020?

Our Sponsors

On 4/18/2020 at 6:42 PM, Sparky14 said:

I'm glad I loaded up on the Atomic drivers and woods when they started dumping them. The FWs especially are amazing, I've hit some 3w shots with it that I didn't think were possible.

Amen.  I was knocking the cover off the ball with my Atomic driver and 5-wood when I played on Monday.  They really are wonderful clubs.

• Like 1

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Tommy Armour 845 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, ZenGolfer said:

Amen.  I was knocking the cover off the ball with my Atomic driver and 5-wood when I played on Monday.  They really are wonderful clubs.

I haven't even taken the plastic off my 5w. The 3w and 3h are working great, but I still bought the 5w just in case.

7 hours ago, Sparky14 said:

I haven't even taken the plastic off my 5w. The 3w and 3h are working great, but I still bought the 5w just in case.

I like my 5w.  Its a solid, reliable, consistent 210-yard club.

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

So, I picked up a TA Serrano putter today and its wonderful.  Very well crafted and has a nice, soft feel to it.  I also recently ordered an 845 4-hybrid and its supposed to be here on Friday, so we'll see how that gets on hopefully this weekend.

I also messed around with the 845 and 845 Forged irons on the sim at GG and they seem to work really well.  I find them to be easier to hit than my Atomics and I noticed that TA went back to more traditional modern lofts instead of the super strong lofts that the Atomics have.  The PW on the 845 is 43.5* and 43* on the Forge, unlike the 41.5* that the PW in the Atomic set has.  That makes me wonder if TA didnt learn that the Atomics were a bit too strong for most people.

Im still debating picking up a set of 845s in the fall because theyre already marked down to around $300.  I dont know that I would spend $1K on the Forged but Id drop $300 on the regular 845s.

• Like 2