Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Phil Puts MAVRIK IN Play For The First Time

Golfspy_CG2

Phil Mickelson Puts In New MAVRIK Sub Zero Driver

This week, Callaway staffer Phil Mickelson is using a new MAVRIK Sub Zero Driver (9*) and he played his first tournament round with it earlier today on the European Tour. His new gamer driver has a KBS Prototype shaft, and he carded an opening round 66 to move near the top of the leaderboard. Mickelson likes how much he can control the new driver on different types of shots – he’s added more control shots with MAVRIK Sub Zero in addition to his “bomb” swing which he uses to hit his longest drives. He likes the launch and spin that he gets from this model. 

The MAVRIK Sub Zero features our new A.I. designed Flash Face SS20, which is engineered to promote fast ball speeds across a more expansive area in each model and loft. It also delivers a great combination of low spin & high MOI, and features two interchangeable weights to fine tune trajectory. 

Our MAVRIK Drivers are off to an impressive start on Tour – last week Marc Leishman won with MAVRIK at the Farmers Insurance Open, and Madelene Sagstrom earned her first LPGA Tour win with MAVRIK in the bag. Callaway is the #1 driver brand across the major worldwide Tours so far this year, and there are 26 MAVRIK driver models in play this week on the European Tour. Callaway is the #1 fairway wood brand and irons brand at the European Tour event as well, and Odyssey is the #1 Putter brand with over 56% of all putters in play! 

In addition to his new driver, Mickelson is using a new MAVRIK Sub Zero Fairway Wood (13.5*) this week. For the MAVRIK Fairway Woods, our new A.I. optimized Flash Face SS20 is forged from exotic materials, which are uniquely designed for each model and loft to maximize ball speed and performance.

Phil MAVRIK.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Wow.  I was prepared for BOMBS already - now this.  We need a new name for what he is going to produce (all being said extremely sarcastically if not already apparent)

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I'll be waiting for the "I'm such an idiot!" moment at Winged Foot.

What are the odds, if he's in the same boat, this year that he hits driver again.  Normally with anyone else, I'd say there s ZERO chance they hit driver and go 3 wood or driving iron.  But his is Phil....so anything is on the table 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

He can’t hit FEWER fairways than he did last week! Sheesh. Can only go up from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX