TESTERS WANTED! ×

Pleated Golf Slacks and Shorts

Hoganman1

Go ahead and say it; OK Boomer!!! I'm OLD, but I still like pleated pants and shorts for golf. I know they've been out of still for a decade. However, I don't care. They are comfortable. They are also sometimes hard to find. I like khaki and grey because they go with almost any color shirt. I've stocked up so I'm good until they come back in style. Hopefully, they will before I'm on the other side of the grass.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

Go ahead and say it; OK Boomer!!! I'm OLD, but I still like pleated pants and shorts for golf. I know they've been out of still for a decade. However, I don't care. They are comfortable. They are also sometimes hard to find. I like khaki and grey because they go with almost any color shirt. I've stocked up so I'm good until they come back in style. Hopefully, they will before I'm on the other side of the grass.

Im with you Hoganman1.........but they are hard to find.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8(10.5*) w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(17.0*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid; Ben Hogan PTx 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER-6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Pleats are on their way back in style for men’s dress pants so only a matter of time before you will see them on the golf course.  Fashion has to change to keep people buying new things they don’t really need.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

• 2 months later...

I am all in on pleats.  Both due to age and being a larger person..lol.  If we can bring back pleats and get rid of flat bill hats I would be thrilled.

In my bag (for now):

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 9.5 deg- HZRDUS Smoke 60G Stiff

3-wood: :titelist-small: TS3 15 deg- HZRDUS Smoke 70G Stiff

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 19 deg- Atmos HB Tour Spec- 85G

Irons: :callaway-small: Rogue Pro CF18 5iron - AW- True Temper XP105 Stiff

Wedge #1: :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws - 54-10S- Dynamic Gold 115

Wedge #2 :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws - 58.08C- Dynamic Gold 115

Putter: :odyssey-small: Triple Track Ten - 34.5 inch Stroke Lab

Bag: :callaway-small: 2020 Org 14

Ball: still being settled on, but most likely the Bridgestone B-X, also testing 2020 Chrome Soft and Titleist ProV1x (my go to for several years)

26 minutes ago, bwclark174 said:

I am all in on pleats.  Both due to age and being a larger person..lol.  If we can bring back pleats and get rid of flat bill hats I would be thrilled.

LOL, i am a flat front pants and flat bill hat type of guy

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

They’re hard to find for a reason!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 5 months later...
On 2/2/2020 at 5:45 PM, Hoganman1 said:

Ralph Lauren still makes forward and reverse pleated khakis, shorts and slacks."Hammond" and "Andrew" are the style names, and they still carry them at almost every Polo outlet. 

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

I'm struggling to hang on to any resemblance of middle age. My wife tells me that 14lbs takes 10 years off me. I'm a Boomer but feel if you dress and act like you're old, you'll feel old. 

I like the comments "you don't look 60". But they probably snigger behind my back.

Old Man GIF - Old Man GIFs

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

OK I started this thread so I guess I need to clarify. I don't have a problem with people who wear flat front pants or flat bill caps. If you like them then wear them. I have tried flat front pants and they are uncomfortable for me. I've never tried a flat bill cap, but my guess is I wouldn't be comfortable in one either. I know the standards of how people dress for golf have dropped over the years.  Cargo shorts, untucked shirt tails and flat bill or backward caps are all acceptable at a lot of public tracks. I'm sure it won't be long before private clubs have to loosen up on dress as well. Frankly, I don't care what one wears  long as they observe golf etiquette and play in 4 hours or less.  However, I'm going to continue to wear pleats, tuck in my collared shirt and curve the bill on my caps. 

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

• 2 months later...

I'm not into pleats, but I did recently upgrade a few pairs of shorts. I bought them online at Nordstrom Rack. I suggest you look there if you already haven't. You might find something you like. Went into a store nearby yesterday. Nothing in golf apparel, it must all be online.