Shankster

Pebble Beach Pro Am

Our Sponsors

IMG_7124.JPG

The price is Wrong... Bob. Another weird event, I really enjoy the views on this one.

I’m thinking a sleeper will win this one. Someone maybe on the verge of breaking through.

What’s your take?

• Like 4

One of my least favorite events of the year. I detest watching CEOs and big businessman playing. 

It would be one thing if it was all celebrities and athletes as the Ams, but just having guys with a lot of money as the Ams is so off-putting 

• Like 4

One of my least favorite events of the year. I detest watching CEOs and big businessman playing. 
It would be one thing if it was all celebrities and athletes as the Ams, but just having guys with a lot of money as the Ams is so off-putting 

Yes sir, I agree. Why not get the local High School Golf Team kids out there? Talk about growing the game. That would do it.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Same.

Imagine you’re trying to get some rhythm going and you’re stuck with dopey CEO talking your ear off while shooting their gross 84.

I’d rather play the Honda.

• Like 2

Great scenic course for TV.  Played it numerous years ago and wasnt worth the price and now I heard the price is 575 to play.  I guess if you can get it why not.  I liked Spanish bay and Poppy better. 

Wk

• Like 2

I think Snedeker takes it again, won't be watching tho.

• Like 2

I don't mind the format too much and some of the pros probably like chatting with guys like Gretzky, Fitzgerald, Eli & Peyton, Rodgers, Verlander, etc.  Seems QBs have the best golf games.  I'm picking Scott Piercy unless he gets paired with Larry the Cable Guy.

image.thumb.png.e27f7bfb26efdad587b6599a4bee986a.png

• Like 2

This is one of my least favorite events on the schedule. 

Great course, 

great history. 

Billy Murray, Samuel L, and the like exhaust me. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I don't mind the format too much and some of the pros probably like chatting with guys like Gretzky, Fitzgerald, Eli & Peyton, Rodgers, Verlander, etc.  Seems QBs have the best golf games.  I'm picking Scott Piercy unless he gets paired with Larry the Cable Guy.

image.thumb.png.e27f7bfb26efdad587b6599a4bee986a.png

Colt Ford is a singer, but at one time was on a mini tour.  He jokes about how he hustles people, because he is so fat and people assume he is not that good.

• Like 2

I'm going out on a limb with this one...   Jordan Spieth.  I have a feeling; might be constipation though.  My backup is Patrick Cantley.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not a favorite of mine - especially Bill Murray's antics.  I'll be watching the Ladies at the ISPS Honda instead. 

• Like 3

I might watch some on Thursday, and maybe a bit on Sunday, as my schedule permits.  But Friday and Saturdays I am on the golf course.  Thursday is easy, because I can watch while at work, but I have better things to do then watch Bill Murray age horribly and do the same tired act every year that people seem to still love.  I did like his redo of Groundhog Day in the Jeep commercial during the Super Bowl, but his act is old and lame during a golf tournament.  To each his own.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Not a favorite of mine - especially Bill Murray's antics.  I'll be watching the Ladies at the ISPS Honda instead. 

I find myself enjoying the LPGA more and more. And no, it has nothing to do with it being girls in mini skirts. They play a very interesting style. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

They play a very interesting style.

Yes... they actually use their entire set of clubs for more than 3 holes? 🤣

• Like 3

Sunday is not a bad watch. Many of the ams are gone, and the ones that are left stay out of the way. However, I’m traveling Sunday so will miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Used to always be one of my favorite events because it was normally the first one that the big name players came out for (in the 60's and 70's) and the course was beautiful to see from the warmth of my wintery living room childhood lair.

Now its one of my least favorite if not my absolute least favorite - not enough golf shown, not as many big names playing and I live in a place with better weather - I have a 1:30 tee time on Sunday afternoon - can't wait for that. 🙂 

• Like 2

I’m gonna go with Sneds as I just traded him in the golf league.
I will be watching some this weekend since football is over and there is no way I can golf with 2 feet of snow in the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

On 2/4/2020 at 7:18 AM, Shankster said:

Yes sir, I agree. Why not get the local High School Golf Team kids out there? Talk about growing the game. That would do it.

The senior guys do exactly that every year at Pebble. Great event. 

• Like 2