Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

[POLL] Play Pebble Beach? Or other?

Pebble Beach Poll  

166 members have voted

1. 1. If you've got $3000 to spend on a once-in-a-lifetime golf experience, would you choose Pebble Beach or something else?

• Play Pebble Beach
    • Full set of PXG
    • Golf Academy
    • Celebrity Instructor
    • Launch Monitor Studio
    • Other
  2. 2. What greens fee would you be willing to pay to play Pebble Beach?

• $500+
    • $400-499
    • $300-399
    • $200-299
    • $100-199
    • $1-99
    • Only if it were free

6 hours ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

We went to Carmel about 15 years ago and walked down to the beach next to the course.  The course is right there.  My family convinced me to walk up onto the course so I can say I was "on Pebble Beach" LOL

I was genuinely surprised that there wasn't a fence or something.  So - if you're ever in the area - consider walking on when it's clear and getting a feel for it.  A heckuva lot less than 575.  HAHA  Who knows - maybe I was "trespassing" but one could easily feign ignorance.  😃

We were staying in the bay area and took a day trip down the Big Sur.  It is absolutely stunning and 100 pct worth it.

I was there on my honeymoon in 1997, and pretty much did what you did.  I even went inside the clubhouse and bought a little Pebble Beach pin.  I wasn't majorly into golf back then like I am now, or I might have bought a lot of other things at the time.  Regretfully I haven't had the chance to get back since, but here are a few pics from that experience - pre iphone and digital photography days...

48771_10.jpg

48771_11.jpg

48771_08.jpg

48771_09.jpg

48771_12.jpg

48771_13.jpg

48771_14.jpg

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Of the choices, I picked launch monitor.

Given the opportunity, I would happily hand over whatever they wanted to play PB, but if I were planning it, there are likely other places I'd pick before PB (Scotland for sure, possibly Bandon)

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:16 AM, sixcat said:

My dream golf experience is a lengthy trip to Scotland and Ireland.  I'm sure $3,000 wouldn't cover my dream but Pebble Beach has never been a "bucket list" item for me.  I'm not sure why except to say, I have always felt drawn to the origins of the game rather than the exorbitant Americanized version of the game.  The game is open and welcoming in Scotland and Ireland.  It's mostly closed, stuffy and elitist in the US.  And Pebble Beach is the poster child for that closed, stuffy and elitist mantra given it would cost over $800 after fees, taxes, caddie and gratuity for a single experience. 

I guess I'm not really playing along with the topic, as presented, but I would save the $3,000 until I had enough to fund my lengthy trip around Scotland and Ireland.

I came on to write exactly this....

I've been to Pebble - so long ago (early 70's) that the Green's Fee was an outrageous $54 - Highway robbery I say. 🙂  It is a gorgeous place but I'd prefer the Scotland or Ireland trip thank you very much.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I voted "other" just because none of those felt like anything I'd do with $3k.

Nearly $600 for a few hours of golf? Don't care where it is or what the views are, that's nuts. No thanks.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I purchased a $3,000 gift card from Pebble Beach this past summer. It provided for 1-round for two players at each of the three courses -  Pebble, Spyglass, and Links + two nights lodging at the Inn at Spanish Bay. No date or time restrictions. We raffled it off at a charity fundraiser. Not a bad deal. 3 rounds of golf + lodging. For two! (travel arrangements were left to the raffle winner) 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

10 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I purchased a $3,000 gift card from Pebble Beach this past summer. It provided for 1-round for two players at each of the three courses -  Pebble, Spyglass, and Links + two nights lodging at the Inn at Spanish Bay. No date or time restrictions. We raffled it off at a charity fundraiser. Not a bad deal. 3 rounds of golf + lodging. For two! (travel arrangements were left to the raffle winner) 

WOW!  What a deal!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I chose other: either a LM (is it even possible with 3K?) or just buy some extra golf gear (doens't have to be PXG) and still have enough left to play some pretty good courses.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The Golf Academy would have access to a Launch Monitor, yes?  That's why I'm a little surprised at those results.  

As long as those green fees stay up where they are for Pebble, I won't be playing there.  It's just a golf course.  I couldn't fathom going out & shooting 90 & having to pay $500 for it.  It's not like you're walking away with a set of new clubs or anything.  If I wanted to spend $100/hour, I would get lessons from Michael Breed or someone like that.  Not hacking around a course .... "Well there goes another $5.50."  (each time you swing the club) 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Definitely a LM/sim combo in the house! Hitting shots all day while I work from home? Sign me up!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Of course I’d love to play Pebble, it’s every golf addict’s dream. But that said, I’d have a real hard time dropping my 3k on just one round of golf. And, there are probably another dozen courses I want to play just as much. I’d either go with a golf academy (still a once in a lifetime experience in my book) or an in home golf studio. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

On 2/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, daviddvm said:

I paid $525 at Pebble and $375 at Spyglass.

I met a guy from Houston when we were waiting for our flight to Santa Clara that was headed to Pebble with his family ( he's been going annually since the 70s). He say back in the 70s he and his buddies would rent a house on Spyglass for $150 / night and the green fee at Spyglass was $25 and Pebble was $40 😮 

I played Spyglass in the late 70's with my Dad when we lived in Sacramento.  Short family weekend getaway to Carmel; which became an annual event.  No idea what the green fees were but recall my Dad's friend, who we met there and was a near scratch golfer, saying that SG was better than PB with respect to layout and challenge.  A quick look shows a round at SG to be $460 for non resort guests.  Be it PB or Whispering Straits, green fees in excess of $150 stirs the frugal helix in my DNA.  Courses requiring caddie/forecaddies are just not my style.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

A pretty good breakdown of the costs here - https://www.golf.com/travel/2020/02/07/pebble-beach-golf-trip/

for some reason they don't breakout caddie fees or tips and also don't include souvenirs.... so add a little extra in for that.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I played Spyglass in the late 70's with my Dad when we lived in Sacramento.  Short family weekend getaway to Carmel; which became an annual event.  No idea what the green fees were but recall my Dad's friend, who we met there and was a near scratch golfer, saying that SG was better than PB with respect to layout and challenge.  A quick look shows a round at SG to be $460 for non resort guests.  Be it PB or Whispering Straits, green fees in excess of $150 stirs the frugal helix in my DNA.  Courses requiring caddie/forecaddies are just not my style.

I have been lucky enough to play Spyglass 5-6 times and Pebble once, IMO Spyglass is a better challenge and overall golf course. SG didn’t used to be outrageous. When it had a membership it was pricey but not anywhere what it is now. When it opened they sold 50 year memberships, once those expired Pebble Beach Co came in and bought the course. 📈📈

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

43 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I totally get where you're coming from. I play in a weekly foursome where we play local courses with green fees that range from $25 to $65. But on a destination family trip once every ten years or so I will splurge and never regret spending a wad of money on a memorable moment on a unbelievably spectacular place like the Monterey Peninsula and all of its magnificence.

Just look at the expressions on my families faces!

u0mv_7wPRNWiioCY8cJHQQ?viewBox=757%2C1009&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2THZfysfKFjS5qKA7yYrf1EEg?viewBox=1345%2C1009&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2THbIZTecICQnG-Teen7e5UHA?viewBox=1345%2C1009&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2THYmmE0w56RMCuUkVVBODS8w?viewBox=757%2C1009&ownerId=A39NQ53IKRI2TH

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Since I have a friend with a condo at La Quinta that I could use for free, I would fly out there and play all of the courses in that area. Then I would take whatever is left over, and use it on lessons with this Pro in Dallas whose teaching style I really enjoy. At $200 an hour, I could get at least 5 to 6 more lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I'd rather do a longer trip to Bandon or Cabot, so I voted other.  But if money were no object, why not?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

On 2/5/2020 at 9:19 AM, release said:

In a free market world, if there is not enough support for the hiked green fee, it'll either up for sale or become a public park.

Many of our local golf courses are facing the same dilemma of whether to hike the green fees to maintain the service level or keep the green fees at the current economic level for the middle class.

Hmmm...  Not sure about that.  A local public course trying to decide between $50 and $65 is often a matter of survival.  A proportional drop in greens fees at PB would probably still keep them in the black, just a little less black.  I don't know how much PB makes, but seeing as how the shares in the partnership have tripled since 1999, I imagine it's doing OK.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-clint-eastwood-arnold-palmer-and-820-million-took-pebble-beach-off-the-auction-block-11560175200

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

11 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I'd rather do a longer trip to Bandon or Cabot, so I voted other.  But if money were no object, why not?

There are a lot of people in the world that can say... why not?  I wish I was one of them.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Having spent all day Friday in a friend's simulator, you're gonna need more than $3k to make that option reality.  His isn't totally current, but he spent $30k on the simulator alone, and spent another $35k building an addition on to the side of this garage just for this room.  After hitting upwards of 1,000 balls there on Friday I simply told him, "If I had one of these in my house, I would never leave home."  We played rounds on Cabot Links, then went to Spyglass Hill, and then went down to PGA National and took on the Bear Trap.  

The only negatives to a simulator is that it didn't simulate wind, and it didn't simulate actual turf conditions.  And putting and chipping are not realistic IMHO, as in you can't putt from fringes or it just goes like 2 feet.

But for full shots and playing famous courses, yeah, I'd wear that thing out.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 11:16 AM, sixcat said:

My dream golf experience is a lengthy trip to Scotland and Ireland.  I'm sure $3,000 wouldn't cover my dream but Pebble Beach has never been a "bucket list" item for me.  I'm not sure why except to say, I have always felt drawn to the origins of the game rather than the exorbitant Americanized version of the game.  The game is open and welcoming in Scotland and Ireland.  It's mostly closed, stuffy and elitist in the US.  And Pebble Beach is the poster child for that closed, stuffy and elitist mantra given it would cost over $800 after fees, taxes, caddie and gratuity for a single experience. 

I guess I'm not really playing along with the topic, as presented, but I would save the $3,000 until I had enough to fund my lengthy trip around Scotland and Ireland.

$3000 will get you a lot of golf in Scotland. The best golfing experience in my life. played St.Andrews, Kingsbarn, Gleneagles, The Dukes and several smaller golf courses. If someone offered me a free golf trip, I would take Scotland over Pebble Beach any day. Anyone interested in traveling to Scotland or Ireland for golf, I suggest getting one of Allan Ferguson's books. It will help you plan your trip and save a lot of money.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:17 AM, vrnyn said:

I understand the arguments for and against the $500 green fee. I bet at $500 the Pebble tee sheet doesn't sit empty.

VRNYN    Bad memory here...……………...but, a retired officer friend of mine, and 2 others made the trip to the "peninsula" most every Monday. That went on

for at least a handful of years, and I'm fairly sure we never spent more than "about" $15. each + or -. I don't think we even had a tee time, as I don't remember

any type of stress, time wise to get there. From week too week we'd change venues. Spyglass, Fort Ord, or Pebble.

Id play St Andrews or any of the other famous Scotland courses before I played Pebble Beach.  PB is cool but its got nothing on Scotland.

Edited by ZenGolfer

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

So I've played PB once, and paid the NCGA 'Winter Special' rate of $425 with a $75 pro shop gift card. To this day, it's one of the best golf experiences of my life even though we got rained on for 7/18 holes. When I was living in the area, I had already heard grumbles about the price and this latest price increase is insane IMO. I get it...Pebble Beach is public and exists to make money, but c'mon. It's one of the most popular golf courses IN THE WORLD. They could easily charge $250 - $350, still make an absolute killing and provide the same iconic experience. All that said, even with this price increase and the increases that will inevitably follow, people will still play it. 
As for the poll, I voted $400-$499 and LM/in-home studio. A guy has to have dreams, right? 
When you lived there did you ever get to PG golf Links? I was never able to get to pebble when we lived in Pacific Grove but played PG once a month and for $50, as far as I was concerned was the next best thing.

And to answer the actual proposed question: I'm on board with a poor man's golf trip and stretching the absolute hell out of that $3k on as many courses that I can.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I’ve been spoiled by my office building which has a full swing sim in the gym. I makes me wish I didn’t have a 45 mile commute or I’d come in the weekends too

It would be nice to have something at home where I could take full swings and see an accurate ball flight. Swinging the foam balls with my son in the yard is fun to really shape them, but isn’t really helping my game much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe the 45 mile commute is a blessing in disguise. If I had a full sim within closer proximity, I would probably be served divorce papers and deemed an absentee father by CPS.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG