Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Golf Performance Vision Program?

I run a 6 doctor optometrist clinic with a Vision Therapy department. Reading about Faldo not reaching his peak performance until he started seeing a Sports Vision Optometrist made me start to build a Golf Performance Vision Program at my practice. Im curious how many weekend warrior golfers would see a Vision Therapist to improve putting and full shot alignment, depth perception, feel, balance, body awareness and visualization. Everyday I'm seeing more of what we do everyday overlapping with the golf industry (Callaway's new putters and balls, optic yellow balls, etc.) and I'm excited to marry my passion with my job. I'm just wondering if others would actually use the program or if I'm just excited that my work is now fun. Would love to hear what you guys think. 

2016 Taylormade M2

Adams Speedline Super S VST 3 wood

King Utility 19 degree

Black King Forged Tec 4-G

Vokey SM6 56, 60

Taylormade Tour Spider Black Flat Cat Solution Grip

Bridgestone Tour B X 

For me I would need to study the concepts to determine if I believe it will work for me. If science supports positive outcomes then I would look at the cost. I doubt an insurance company would be willing to fund bettering my leisure activities.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

How would you deliver the information? Are you thoughts along the same line as what is communicated in the book the putting prescription?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What would be interesting to me is how my progressive lens affect the putting line - fyi I do know they distort it a bit just don't know how much. Not sure if you can do that in a book or online since there are a number of individual factors. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I guess I don't quite understand the process and what I might gain from it. Perhaps if I'd had an eye injury or something then therapy might be necessary or the answer. I've been playing golf a long time and for the past 25 years wearing prescription bifocals. My vision at the golf course is great all round. I also putt well. So for me it'd be a hard sell.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, PlaidJacket said:

I guess I don't quite understand the process and what I might gain from it. Perhaps if I'd had an eye injury or something then therapy might be necessary or the answer. I've been playing golf a long time and for the past 25 years wearing prescription bifocals. My vision at the golf course is great all round. I also putt well. So for me it'd be a hard sell.

We would have free evaluations to see how your visual system is working and walk you through different benefits you'd see on the course. I've been going through some of the exercises with the therapists and its really eye opening. I'm 20/20 so my "vision" is great but how your eyes interact with your brain and body are completely different. 

2016 Taylormade M2

King Utility 19 degree

Vokey SM6 56, 60

Bridgestone Tour B X 

On 2/6/2020 at 1:22 PM, cnosil said:

How would you deliver the information? Are you thoughts along the same line as what is communicated in the book the putting prescription?

I havent read that book, I have read "See it, Sink it" which touches on some of the concepts pertaining to putting and is written my Faldo's eye doctor. When you say how would we deliver the information, do you mean relay the actual exercises? Most exercises would be in office with a therapist. We would also give take home exercises and offer an on course training as well. 

2016 Taylormade M2

King Utility 19 degree

Vokey SM6 56, 60

Bridgestone Tour B X 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:44 PM, SteddyGolf said:

For me I would need to study the concepts to determine if I believe it will work for me. If science supports positive outcomes then I would look at the cost. I doubt an insurance company would be willing to fund bettering my leisure activities.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Our normal vision therapy sessions are $120 for 45 minutes. What do you think would be a reasonable price per hour? There is tons of scientific data that backs these exercises and their effectiveness.  

2016 Taylormade M2

King Utility 19 degree

Vokey SM6 56, 60

Bridgestone Tour B X 

I havent read that book, I have read "See it, Sink it" which touches on some of the concepts pertaining to putting and is written my Faldo's eye doctor. When you say how would we deliver the information, do you mean relay the actual exercises? Most exercises would be in office with a therapist. We would also give take home exercises and offer an on course training as well. 

Same author for both books.

Yes I meant how would we work together. Based on your response I would have to come to your office; so unless I am local to you it isn’t much benefit.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Our normal vision therapy sessions are $120 for 45 minutes. What do you think would be a reasonable price per hour? There is tons of scientific data that backs these exercises and their effectiveness.  

After your initial question I did a little research of my own. I don’t think this would be of interest to me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

On 2/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dmcgraw23 said:

I run a 6 doctor optometrist clinic with a Vision Therapy department. Reading about Faldo not reaching his peak performance until he started seeing a Sports Vision Optometrist made me start to build a Golf Performance Vision Program at my practice. Im curious how many weekend warrior golfers would see a Vision Therapist to improve putting and full shot alignment, depth perception, feel, balance, body awareness and visualization. Everyday I'm seeing more of what we do everyday overlapping with the golf industry (Callaway's new putters and balls, optic yellow balls, etc.) and I'm excited to marry my passion with my job. I'm just wondering if others would actually use the program or if I'm just excited that my work is now fun. Would love to hear what you guys think. 

Hello,

Sign me up doctor, going through what to do now. Contacts or glasses, bifocals or not etc

Thanks for taking care of us

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll continue to update you guys if I see the optical world and golf world merge. I will say there is real science behind the triple track (vernier acuity) and also in "optic yellow" golf balls.

2016 Taylormade M2

King Utility 19 degree

Vokey SM6 56, 60

Bridgestone Tour B X