Bstrick

Incorrect fitting - Mavrik Driver

On 2/16/2020 at 12:35 AM, Bstrick said:

I was able to put a lot of range time over the last 3 weeks since picking up the mavrik sz. I was able to get my path straightened out which has greatly improved my contact. The last two days at the range I was checking my contact and it much more centered. This is the best I felt with a driver in my hands since picking up golf again 2 years ago. No more seconds guessing the fitting. 

good to hear you gained confidence with what the fitter recommended!  When I was being fit for a new driver I tried to not pay attention to what the fitter was doing and just trusting what he said/did.  Its not always easy, but with the multiple fittings I've had they haven't been wrong yet.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:37 PM, trentyoung33 said:

From your comments, I think the SZ was a better fit than the standard Mavrik. It sounds like with the ideal strike, your numbers are very good, and with heel shot mishits, the SZ will help to keep the spin number down. If you went with the standard Mavrik, those heel shots would spin very high and you'd likely lose distance.

I would definitely take a one way miss over being able to consistently shape the ball both ways, as others have said.

I would have to agree with this as well.

Sounds like you work out the mishits in the face area and all is well. Good luck with the new Mavrik, the Sz is a great head.