TESTERS WANTED! ×

How did golf change your life for the better?

davidrichards

I'm writing an article reflecting on the positive impact that golf has had on my life and wonder how golf has changed your lives for the better? I'd also love to include some of your stories in the article so if anyone wants to feature let me know.

Edit: Here's a link to the article for anyone who's interested! Thanks for the responses.

Edited by davidrichards

Can you first tell us a little about yourself? Who do you write for? Where will your article be published. When will it be published?

2 hours ago, davidrichards said:

I'm writing an article reflecting on the positive impact that golf has had on my life

Tell us how golf has impacted you.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

13 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Can you first tell us a little about yourself? Who do you write for? Where will your article be published. When will it be published?

Tell us how golf has impacted you.

The article will be published on IvyGolf a site that I'm an author for within the next couple of weeks, you can read my author bio for my journey through golf so far if you're interested but a condensed version would be as follows:

Golf gave me years of quality time with my father growing up. It taught me patience, humility, and to be less outcome driven and focus on the process (both in and out of golf). I've also made a few friends for life from it which is a bonus.

Your turn!

I grew up on a golf course in Miami, with a father who taught me the game, and spent the rest of my life talking about and playing golf with.  I have a brother who loves the game as well, and anytime we get together (which isn't often anymore) we always try and get in a round of golf.  A lot of my friends are friends I met on the golf course, and play golf with.  Golf is a great way to meet people and develop significant relationships with.  It also keeps you active and physically fit, especially if you walk during your round.

Golf was the first thing I opted to fall back on after my son died.  I started playing the game again with a renewed focus, mostly because I didn't know what else to do after he died.  So in a lot of ways golf is now my source of therapy and respite from an otherwise troublesome world.  It's my one place where if I want to I can walk out there by myself and play a round of golf and maybe not see another soul for 3 hours.  It's also a place where I can pick up the phone and reach out to a handful of friends to see if they want to tee it up and chances are I can pick up a game at my club with a few other guys and have some fun for the next 3 or 4 hours.

Without golf I don't know what activity I would do to pass the time.  You can only watch so much TV, and beyond sitting around the house being bored, golf helps me escape from that insanity, especially without kids in the house, and it being a very dull life otherwise.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS