Golfspy_CG2

Testers Announced - Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Our Sponsors

Nolan/CA

Fujikura Speeder Evo 1 661 S 

105 mph

Slightly less spin with a more stable feel and tighter dispersion. And always looking for more distance!

Have access to a mobile Swingcaddie SC300

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 5:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

With the release of the USGA/R&A Distance Report this week, it seems the perfect time to offer a review of a shaft that is designed for....guess what...more club head speed.

The Fujikura Motore X shafts hit stores this week, and even debuted in the bag of at least one PGA Tour Pro at the Waste Management. You can read all the details of the new shaft on the home page in this first look piece by My Golf Spy's Chris Nickel, to see how Fujikura says they are able to "Multiply" a drivers swing speed.    Read it Here

Will it work for you? Well that's what we're going to ask five forum members--that reside in the United States--- to test for themselves and report back to the forum on the results The five testers will go through a phone fitting with a Fujikura fitter to determine the best model for them. They will then receive the shaft put it through paces on the range--Ideally with a launch monitor access--and on the course over several weeks, track and monitor the results versus their current gamer, then write and publish their full length review here on the forum.  Testers will be required to keep up an ongoing dialogue in the review thread while testing the shaft.

Once the testers are selected and most likely during the phone fitting, you will be asked what driver head you are using, and the shaft will be sent with the adapter for that head, you will be all set to put it on and go test!!

Fujkura Motore X Shaft

How to Apply to Enter

Read ALL the details below and enter your information in a post in this thread. PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST IN YOUR REPLY.  JUST PROVIDE THE INFO REQUESTED.

Testing is for US Residents per the OEM's request.

First Name/State

Current Driver Shaft 

Current Driver Swing Speed

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc.

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing.

That's it, we'll be selecting the testers sometime late next week. Good Luck!

Gary / CA

Current Shaft HZRDUS

Current Swing Speed 95mph

improve: better dispersion

Launch Monitor: I don't have it yet

Matt Wilkins / NJ

AD DI 6S

less spin, better dispersion

I have access to both Foresite and Full Swing.

9* F9 AD DI 6S / Hzrdus Smoke 6S (testing ongoing)

3W F9 Atmos Blue TS 7S

3-PW MP20 Mixed (3,4 HMB; 5,6 MCC, 7-PW MB) KBS $Taper

50, 54, 58 RTX4 DG300

Scotty Newport 3 

First Name/State - Rob Eley, California

Current Driver Shaft - Evenflow Project X

Current Driver Swing Speed - 112 MPH

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc. - Less spin, more distance, better launc angle

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing. - yes my club has one

Juro / California

Tour AD DI-6 Stiff

105-107 mph

More roll & distance, better trajectry (not too high, but not low low)

No access to Launch monitor

First Name/State: Kevin / Arizona

Current Driver Shaft: Tensei Orange 60s 

Current Driver Swing Speed: 103mph

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc.: Dispersion is very important to me and I am quite accurate right now. A little less spin would get me more distance though. Spin is 2800-3000 right now. If I could knock that down to 2500-2800 and keep control, I'd be incredibly happy. If the shaft had a little more speed and centered the strike as well as the Tensei Orange I'd be over the moon.

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing. Yes. Literally next door to my work. I hit on it all the time.

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Tensei Orange 60X
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* Hybrid, AD-DI 85S
  • Irons: :srixon-small: U85 4I AD DI 95S, Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :ping-small:: Glide 3.0 52, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"
  • RH in Phoenix, AZ

Patrick/Ohio

Fujikura Atmos Blue Tour Spec 6x

102-105 Club Head Speed

I would love a tighter dispersion and higher club head speed/more distance.

I have access to Trackman or ForeSight launch monitors.

Matt/Michigan

Rogue max 75-x on epic driver

101-106

better control off the tee and as always more distance  

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing.

yes have a skytrack set up in the garage(Heated) with TGC 19 sim package

Nick/CO (Golf never stops here)

Project X HZRDUS Black X 75g -1" and Ventus Red 5-S -1"

Average 101

I actually need more spin (1500rpm)

I have access to a launch monitor

First Name/State:  Duncan/Missouri

Current Driver Shaft:  Tensei AV Blue 65

Current Driver Swing Speed: 94 - 98

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc. Combo of Higher Launch/Less Spin/Tighter Dispersion

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing.  Could go to local Golf Galaxy

William / Washington State

Stock Fujikura 57 on SLDR 

Need more distance as years gone by.

Except for a couple of local brick and mortar golf retail stores, no L/M at home.  Not sure if they like me to take the driver and several shafts there to get numbers, only.

Colby - Florida 

Project X Even Flow 5.5R  65G

95..ish

A well balanced shaft that fells smooth and doesn't twist.  Like everyone I want more distance. I currently average 240,  occasionally crackin one in the 250's.

I do have access to a launch monitor. My local golf shop is in the Villages and I have a good relationship with them.

Steve / South Carolina

Graphite Design AD TP 6x

108mph

Like to get better dispersion with a bit lower launch and spin

Yes, have access to FlightScope launch monitor

James Jordan / Las Vegas NV

Adilia NV 65 Stiff 

Club head speed 100 -108

Always looking to improve my swing as well as get the most out of my equipment.

Have my own launch Monitor and Sim Bay -skytrak.

Edited by James Jordan

On 2/6/2020 at 5:55 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

First Name/State Chad, Las Vegas

Current Driver Shaft Hazardous project X 

Current Driver Swing Speed 103

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc. less spin and more distance 

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing. Yes I have access to a monitor at my club and own a handheld  device as well 

First Name/State

Mike/Indiana

Current Driver Shaft 

Handcrafted Hzrdus Yellow 75g 6.0

Current Driver Swing Speed

109 mph

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc.

Dispersion!  This is my main focus when looking for a driver.  The more, the better

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing.

Yes!  My past few reviews, I've included all the launch monitor data that I can.  There are more simulators that are continuing to come up around me to get multiple readings.

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

First Name/State Luke - California 

Current Driver Shaft hazardous black 6.5

Current Driver Swing Speed 108-112

What if anything would you like to improve in regards to your driver shaft..such as more or less spin, better dispersion, more distance..etc. 

more feel through the shaft, a better kick when trying to knock some yardage off

Do you have regular access to a Launch Monitor--Not required, but would be helpful in testing.

Yes I am a freshman at cypress college and have facilities and equipment (gc quad) 

IMG-20200204-WA0000.jpg

Jeremy/Indiana

Fujikura xlr8-stiff

97-101

looking to increase trajectory while obtaining similar roll-out. Really rely and enjoy the control of the xlr8 however distance is down from my stock fujikura pro 60

I have had Skytrak for 4yrs and utilize most often with e6’s driving range. Controlled environment.