TESTERS WANTED! ×

Warning: Linksoul

Kristjan

Wanted to warn anyone planning to invest in Linksoul's apparel. Bought two of the Rambler long sleeve shirts while visiting states. Liked those quite a bit. Went the distance to order another two from their website and was amazed. But not in a good way. The size of these two was off compared to the others I had. These were considerably shorter and furthermore, one shirt was defectively put together. I wanted to warn others by posting a warning product review. Just to find out that Linksoul doesn't appreciate negative reviews. At first their response was that it takes some time for the web team to publish reviews. After three weeks of emails they just flat out said that they can (and seems that will) moderate the content per their preferences. If it happened to me, then it's reasonable to think it has happened to others. In fact, they have no reviews below 4 stars or saying something negative. At least for this specific product. So, long story short, don't believe their product ratings. Meanwhile I'll try to figure out my next steps about this. Sorry about my broken English, it's foreign language for me.

Edited by Kristjan
Typo

I've had nothing but positive experiences with both Link Soul  products and customer service.

I ordered a 2 long sleeve zips that fit great.  Several weeks later I ordered some tshirts in the same size and they were too big.  I contacted customer service and they provided me with a return label.  I shipped the shirts back to them and they shipped new shirts back in a different size.

Perhaps you should have contacted their customer service and got a return or exchange before publicly bashing them?

But given that you signed up here just to post that information leads to me to believe that patience and following process isn't your style 

@jlukes

The thing is returning was not really an option for me as I'm located in eastern Europe. It would have been too much of a hassle. This I also mentioned in my first letter to customer service. So all I had was a  possibility to warn others and that was taken away from me, kind of.

About patience, public bashing and signing up just now, I gave it three weeks for them to make it right. And I was unable to make myself heard on their website. So what were my options? Just let it go?

But I think you have lost the essence of my experience. Is this a transparent way of operating? Do you as a customer appreciate misleading information?

19 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I've had nothing but positive experiences with both Link Soul  products and customer service.

I ordered a 2 long sleeve zips that fit great.  Several weeks later I ordered some tshirts in the same size and they were too big.  I contacted customer service and they provided me with a return label.  I shipped the shirts back to them and they shipped new shirts back in a different size.

Perhaps you should have contacted their customer service and got a return or exchange before publicly bashing them?

But given that you signed up here just to post that information leads to me to believe that patience and following process isn't your style 

I haven’t had to deal with customer service but I have never had any issues with their products. Knowing others who have used their products and have had positive feedback on customer service 

agree with you that op probably wasn’t the greatest customer to start with. Seems to be a trend on forums lately with new users signing up to bash someone or some company with their first and only post

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

5 minutes ago, Kristjan said:

@jlukes

The thing is returning was not really an option for me as I'm located in eastern Europe. It would have been too much of a hassle. This I also mentioned in my first letter to customer service. So all I had was a  possibility to warn others and that was taken away from me, kind of.

About patience, public bashing and signing up just now, I gave it three weeks for them to make it right. And I was unable to make myself heard on their website. So what were my options? Just let it go?

But I think you have lost the essence of my experience. Is this a transparent way of operating? Do you as a customer appreciate misleading information?

If returning or exchanging isn't an option, I could never imagine buying anything online. 

Sizing isn't a Linksoul problem. I wear Small in adidas shirts, medium in Under Armour, small or medium in Nike depending on the cut. 

Don't even get me started on shoes as sizes can vary from product line to product line in the same brand. 

Therefore, I never buy anything clothing or shoe related online unless I know that I could easily return or exchange at no cost to me. 

You took a risk and it didn't work out. That's not their fault 

7 minutes ago, Kristjan said:

So you're saying that basically the responsibility of product quality lies on customer? Inconsistent sizing isn't on manufacturer? And still, this is not the essence of it.

It is on the manufacturer. Which is why I said I'd never buy from anywhere online that didn't allow exchanges or returns based on where I lived. 

It's up to the consumer to understand who they're buying from. If the policy regarding international returns wasn't clear on their website, then you should have inquired with customer service prior to your purchase. 

You chose to roll the dice with no safety net 

57 minutes ago, Kristjan said:

@jlukes

You provided a piece of the story. You don’t share any of your communication with them during that 3 week period and decided to come on here to bash them. In that 3 weeks you could have been a participating member here and sharing your experience along the way. Yes one option would be to let it go but you for whatever reason chose not to and want to bash a company knowing that conversation here will lead to hits on google searches.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

If I understand properly, you posted a review on the Linksoul website and they did not want to post your negative review.  Call me skeptical but I never trust reviews on the product's own website.  Just checked a golf club manufacturer and all reviews are five stars with nothing but glowing comments.  No product can be that good.

FYI, I own a number of their items and did have a problem once and it was resolved with a new quarter zip being sent.

Wanted to warn anyone planning to invest in Linksoul's apparel. Bought two of the Rambler long sleeve shirts while visiting states. Liked those quite a bit. Went the distance to order another two from their website and was amazed. But not in a good way. The size of these two was off compared to the others I had. These were considerably shorter and furthermore, one shirt was defectively put together. I wanted to warn others by posting a warning product review. Just to find out that Linksoul doesn't appreciate negative reviews. At first their response was that it takes some time for the web team to publish reviews. After three weeks of emails they just flat out said that they can (and seems that will) moderate the content per their preferences. If it happened to me, then it's reasonable to think it has happened to others. In fact, they have no reviews below 4 stars or saying something negative. At least for this specific product. So, long story short, don't believe their product ratings. Meanwhile I'll try to figure out my next steps about this. Sorry about my broken English, it's foreign language for me.

So, did you return the product or do an exchange? Not sure that not allowing negative reviews would hinder my purchasing. I’d just call them, set-up a return or exchange and move-on. Yeah, if they wouldn’t let you return an unworn, tags still on, defective shirt, then I’d complain or post here.
Hell, I don’t even read the dang reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

22 minutes ago, PMookie said:

So, did you return the product or do an exchange? Not sure that not allowing negative reviews would hinder my purchasing. I’d just call them, set-up a return or exchange and move-on. Yeah, if they wouldn’t let you return an unworn, tags still on, defective shirt, then I’d complain or post here.

Dude lives in Eastern Europe so its not free returns or exchanges all the way across the globe. 

Dude lives in Eastern Europe so its not free returns or exchanges all the way across the globe. 

Yeah, wasn’t saying “free”, and doesn’t change my post to him..

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Why is the OP being bashed? He is doing a review on the inconsistency of the product sizing and how the company moderates reviews.

We all applauded when MGS got Callaway to get its ball act together when they gave it a negative review because of bad manufacturing.

LinkSoul should get their act together as well. 

I am also overseas with limited local purchase options. I buy a lot of things online and irks me as well when there big inconsistencies in manufacturing for same model. It's called quality control.

Edited by xxio

Yup, I rarely read the canned reviews. I do respect the reviews from the posters on MGS & similar sites that I know don’t have an axe to grind or are shills for the supplier.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Being in Canada free returns are more likely from suppliers in Europe the the US.  I rely on reviews to help confirm details on the item being sold.  Do not want to waste my time or the suppliers.  If I believe the reviews are being edited I can no longer trust the supplier and will no longer purchase from them.  

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

As someone who has to deal with customers leaving false/misleading reviews online, I can sympathize with Linksoul wanting to ensure that reviews that are being left deal with the product/concern at hand. Given the posts in this thread, I'm not entirely sure reviews were being left in good faith. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I wear a lot of Linksoul and I have to say they are nothing but quality products

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

• 4 months later...

In this situation what options did the OP give them that would rectify the situation and what did they offer?

My initial guess is they didn't post the review in hopes that they could make it right before the negative review hit, however it doesn't sound like any solutions were given by either party.

Edited by Flip4000

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

On 2/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, RickyBobby_PR said:

I haven’t had to deal with customer service but I have never had any issues with their products. Knowing others who have used their products and have had positive feedback on customer service 

agree with you that op probably wasn’t the greatest customer to start with. Seems to be a trend on forums lately with new users signing up to bash someone or some company with their first and only post

So expecting consistency in fit and quality manufacture isn't being a good customer?  I dont know about you but I expect both...and I also expect it reasonable for someone from customer service to respond to issues posted.  

I have been a huge fan of John Ashworth's designs over the years.  But I've noticed similar issues with fit.  Tough to depend upon internet purchases, and tougher to locate retail outlets.  Linksoul ought to be jumping through hoops to make the customer's experience a good one.  And we should not be criticizing a customer for expressing displeasure if he is anything less than satisfied.

24 minutes ago, XHOOPER said:

So expecting consistency in fit and quality manufacture isn't being a good customer?  I dont know about you but I expect both...and I also expect it reasonable for someone from customer service to respond to issues posted.  

I have been a huge fan of John Ashworth's designs over the years.  But I've noticed similar issues with fit.  Tough to depend upon internet purchases, and tougher to locate retail outlets.  Linksoul ought to be jumping through hoops to make the customer's experience a good one.  And we should not be criticizing a customer for expressing displeasure if he is anything less than satisfied.

There are a lot of brands that have different fits do the same size between models. It’s not that unusual. It happens in shoes all the time too. Nike size 8 isn’t standard across the board in their shoes. 

The op got a response the delay he was complaining about was his review being posted. Nothing wrong with someone expressing their displeasure but if that person is rude in doing so the chances they get something less than a cordial response is going to dramatically decrease because of that type of attitude 

BTW the op hasn’t been on since February 15 so he really only came here to get a negative review posted on the internet of a brand because he didn’t like how he perceived the linksoul review process to be.

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, jlukes said:

If returning or exchanging isn't an option, I could never imagine buying anything online. 

Sizing isn't a Linksoul problem. I wear Small in adidas shirts, medium in Under Armour, small or medium in Nike depending on the cut. 

Don't even get me started on shoes as sizes can vary from product line to product line in the same brand. 

Therefore, I never buy anything clothing or shoe related online unless I know that I could easily return or exchange at no cost to me. 

You took a risk and it didn't work out. That's not their fault 

Thanks, what size are you in Linksoul then?