The size of the watch always turned me off from shotscope. 

The size of v3 could change everything 

C1OG70O4DCYT.png.4fa17b2cbab36546935fed6f421df673.pngYFQSYVA5JVS1.png.7868794407f658fb0442ebfa11d01365.png

• Like 4

The reduced size makes it a much more attractive option for me. I usually wear a watch, and this is only marginally bigger. It's also likely to be lighter.

• Like 2

I agree. The old version I would not be caught dead with. Ugly as sin and with my little wrists I might get caught up in the wind and blown away

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Looking at the specs, it must’ve been the band that made V2 look so big. Both of those are smaller than my Apple Watch but the design shape and sleek band makes it look much smaller. V3 is still a really good step in the right direction. Hope the battery life maintains with the smaller size. 

• Like 3

All of the current owners of V2 should have already received their emails about the new product. They asked us, in that email, to not share the information yet, but I definitely ordered the V3 based on the improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Ordered as well. I guess I'll just have to edit the holes that were redesigned. Or maybe the ShotScope team can do mapping with my photoshopped design 🙂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Looking at the specs, it must’ve been the band that made V2 look so big. Both of those are smaller than my Apple Watch but the design shape and sleek band makes it look much smaller. V3 is still a really good step in the right direction. Hope the battery life maintains with the smaller size. 

Apparently they've stepped that up.

16 hours ago, PMookie said:

All of the current owners of V2 should have already received their emails about the new product. They asked us, in that email, to not share the information yet, but I definitely ordered the V3 based on the improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did too, a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 7:42 PM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Hope the battery life maintains with the smaller size. 

Honestly, the battery life needs big improvements. The V2 would not allow 36 in one day and charges so slow it's not like you could get enough of a charge between the 18's for it to matter. We'll see with the V3.

• Like 2

I ordered one using that email. I haven’t posted a thing about it following the emails instructions. Seems much slicker.
I thought the fact it’s coming in May means I get 28 days from date of delivery so that’s a nice trial period. I had returned the v2 I purchased last year within the return period. So figure I’ll give the v3 a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Honestly, the battery life needs big improvements. The V2 would not allow 36 in one day and charges so slow it's not like you could get enough of a charge between the 18's for it to matter. We'll see with the V3.

They claim 10+ hours depending on what mode you use for the V3. BTW, it's sold out for pre order now.

• Like 1

Thanks for the news guys, I will definitely be waiting to check this out. I am hoping the price didn't raise too much because that was one of shotscope's best qualities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Thanks for the news guys, I will definitely be waiting to check this out. I am hoping the price didn't raise too much because that was one of shotscope's best qualities. 

IIRC, it'll be the same price ($220ish) as the V2 was.

• Like 1

I received the email about V3 as well. Very tempting to purchase, but ultimately decided not to. My brief experience with V2 simply wasn't good enough for me to consider this an option when I already have Arccos and have been fairly happy with it. If something happens to my Arccos or I eventually reach the point that I have to start paying the subscription fee, I'll give ShotScope another look. It's also possible I just won't care by that point though. Shot tracking is simply an easy way for me to gather club distances. Other than that, I don't too much care anymore - I know where my strengths and weaknesses lie.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, TR1PTIK said:

I received the email about V3 as well. Very tempting to purchase, but ultimately decided not to. My brief experience with V2 simply wasn't good enough for me to consider this an option when I already have Arccos and have been fairly happy with it. If something happens to my Arccos or I eventually reach the point that I have to start paying the subscription fee, I'll give ShotScope another look. It's also possible I just won't care by that point though. Shot tracking is simply an easy way for me to gather club distances. Other than that, I don't too much care anymore - I know where my strengths and weaknesses lie.

Kind of feel similarly. Probably they're working on it, as they include user feedback into their development queue; it would also be nice to see some software-related improvements .. eg. they mentioned they improved the GPS accuracy (a complaint of mine) and also better data visualization / presentation, as discussed in the V2 review thread.

But ultimately my own biggest gains will continue to come from improving my swing, and on-course confidence, and strengthening my course management. 

• Like 3