TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mine was waiting for me when I got home last night.

IMG_2291.JPG

Unpacked...IMG_2292.JPG

Viewed...
IMG_2295.JPG
Charged everything up upgraded and got it charged.
IMG_2296.JPG

I am not a fan of the charger and would like to know why it was changed to an alligator clip. I also would like to know why no charger base was included.

Will change out club pins and try it out tomorrow.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Anyone else finding the V3 taking a lot longer to connect to the satellites than the V2? I also ran into a situation today where there were 2 courses at the club I played and the watch found them both and I selected the course I was going to play. It gave me yardages correctly all day but once I synced it after the round it said I played the other course and none of the shots were recorded correctly. It also said that the course I played wasn't mapped on the app. How could it give me yardages correctly all day but then say it wasn't mapped? 

My bag is a revolving door!

Used it for the 1st time yesterday for 9 holes. My thoughts:

Took longer than I thought it would to pick up the GPS signal. About 5 minutes while waiting before teeing off on the 1st tee.

I did try wearing it on my right wrist as a right hander. It picked up about 80% of the shots. Better than I thought it would do.

Lost my putter sensor around the 7th hole. Since I have a Super Stroke grip with a countercore weight I had to glue it on. It didn't hold and it's really disappointing there isn't a better option for this type of grip.

Overall I'm not loving it. Not being able to check on shots during the round is both good and bad. I like not being distracted by my phone but I also don't like not being able to see missed shots until after the round. 

21 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I also would like to know why no charger base was included.

The V2 didn't either. Because this uses a USB plug, most manufacturers don't send a base because all computers have the plug in and most power strips have them now.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 hours ago, Joker said:

Used it for the 1st time yesterday for 9 holes. My thoughts:

Took longer than I thought it would to pick up the GPS signal. About 5 minutes while waiting before teeing off on the 1st tee.

I did try wearing it on my right wrist as a right hander. It picked up about 80% of the shots. Better than I thought it would do.

Lost my putter sensor around the 7th hole. Since I have a Super Stroke grip with a countercore weight I had to glue it on. It didn't hold and it's really disappointing there isn't a better option for this type of grip.

Overall I'm not loving it. Not being able to check on shots during the round is both good and bad. I like not being distracted by my phone but I also don't like not being able to see missed shots until after the round. 

For a counter weight putter I'd suggest cutting off the stud and attaching heavy duty velcro to the sensor and the grip end with glue. It will hold the sensor very tight and can be removed and used on other putters. Worked like a charm for me! 

My bag is a revolving door!

I used shoe goo to hold my last sensor on with the V2 before I passed it on.  With the V3 I plan on using the velcro idea as i have since gone to a counterweight in my Superstroke.  Now if my V3 would just show up I could get going.  Ordered first week of February. I usually wait till new models are released, so hoping the newer model is worth all the waiting.

Set up the new tags last night and played my first round with V3 today......no probs. Checked the gps against my range finder and it was spot on all day. Post round editing was minimal.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 6/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, 03trdblack said:

Anyone else finding the V3 taking a lot longer to connect to the satellites than the V2? I also ran into a situation today where there were 2 courses at the club I played and the watch found them both and I selected the course I was going to play. It gave me yardages correctly all day but once I synced it after the round it said I played the other course and none of the shots were recorded correctly. It also said that the course I played wasn't mapped on the app. How could it give me yardages correctly all day but then say it wasn't mapped? 

I am also finding that the unit takes a bit longer to find the satellites. Haven't run into the issue with shot tracking on the wrong course. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

1 hour ago, Tbayers said:

Just got the V3 and having issues pairing it up to the app on the phone to setup. Anyone have any issues like this? I get to the point where I enter the code and it eventually times out... 

I think another user had the same issue here. Go back a few pages... but not sure if their support provided any solution.

I finally got mine today. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I've had the V2 since 2018 and have now played 3 rounds with the new V3.

• Much better looking than the V2.  No comparison really.
  • The new band is much more comfortable.  Big improvement.
  • I did not switch to the new tags yet, but everything has worked just fine.
  • My upgrade process was smooth and easy.
  • I had over 50% power when my 18 hole round was over and it charges WAY faster then the old model.  If I wanted to play 36 it would be easy to plug it into a portable charger or a clubhouse plug for 30 minutes.  That was not true of the V2.
  • One major criticism is the proprietary charger.  It's an odd choice, but I suppose it will be an extra revenue stream for them when people buy 2nd charges to keep in the car or to replace ones that are lost of break.  Of course it will also produce a lot of angry customers when it takes a week to get the new charger.

Overall really happy with the new watch.  Still an amazing value and a great product.

1 hour ago, Mowine4me said:

I've had the V2 since 2018 and have now played 3 rounds with the new V3.

• Much better looking than the V2.  No comparison really.
  • The new band is much more comfortable.  Big improvement.
  • I did not switch to the new tags yet, but everything has worked just fine.
  • My upgrade process was smooth and easy.
  • I had over 50% power when my 18 hole round was over and it charges WAY faster then the old model.  If I wanted to play 36 it would be easy to plug it into a portable charger or a clubhouse plug for 30 minutes.  That was not true of the V2.
  • One major criticism is the proprietary charger.  It's an odd choice, but I suppose it will be an extra revenue stream for them when people buy 2nd charges to keep in the car or to replace ones that are lost of break.  Of course it will also produce a lot of angry customers when it takes a week to get the new charger.

Overall really happy with the new watch.  Still an amazing value and a great product.

Agree with you on the proprietary charger. Looks like a lot of smart devices are going this route of the 4 pin contact charging with minor changes to the clip itself. I was hoping one of those could work with the V3 since there are some magnetic options but prob don't want to risk shorting something out with incorrect contacts.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I'm a little disappointed on all the data that I missed out on recording as I wait, for what seems like forever, for my V3 to show up. Still no tracking info so I sure hope it's on it's way. Don't know if anyone else in Canada has gotten theirs.  My buddy still has his V2 and says he's waiting to see my V3 before deciding whether to upgrade. 

7 hours ago, Tbayers said:

Just got the V3 and having issues pairing it up to the app on the phone to setup. Anyone have any issues like this? I get to the point where I enter the code and it eventually times out... 

Yes I had this very issue.  It would go to 99% and virtually hang forever.  Retried it four or five times.  Then I got it to work by Turning off the phone AND the watch and rebooting both.   Then it finally updated completely.  Hope that helps.  Also forget any V2 that you have connected with bluetooth.  That also interferes.  Do not have a V2 lying around active.

Here's my mini review:

The new shot scope is an update to the V2 model. It's sleeker, slimmer, and has a much better look to it. The battery is very good. I don't think I can get 2 full rounds out of it, but def 27 holes and maybe pushing it to the 36 number. The V2 could get 18, but 27 was pushing it and I never came close to 36 in a single session. They say that the tags are updated for better performance but I didn't notice a difference, actually I noticed that the watch missed more shots with the V3 than with the V2.
The GPS took a very long time to update the first time I played. Roughly 3 minutes. I am glad I turned it on when I did instead of when I got to the Tee box (like I have to with the V2 to get the most battery out of it). Now I did have the L1 + L5 setting on to maximize GPS (although I don't think there are many L5 sats in the sky that are usable right now according to other readings I have found). So the battery probably drained a little more than if I had it on just the L1 setting.

Some things I like about the new V3 watch
Much better battery life
Color
See in bright sun
Doesn't cause me to sweat as much
Sleeker looking
All Black design with no other color (old watch had a red border around it)
Charges WAY faster

Some things I don't like about the new watch
Proprietary charging cable
Smaller watch (this is opposite of most, I LIKE bigger watches)
Buttons, I really liked the old rounded buttons and they FELT better. They were metal (or metal feeling) the new ones are plastic
Feels flimsy (again I like the bigger watch)
Less accurate so far after 1 round
Middle yardage number is bigger and in the middle of the watch face
Have to pair it with your phone to sync rounds
GPS takes way longer to get started

Things I like about the V2 watch better
It's bigger (I like that)
Buttons are more solid
Syncs with dashboard on my computer, I much rather not pair it with my phone..
More buttons on the watch for functions

Hope that helps some people.. I don't think the there is any added functionality right now (if we had L5 sats then maybe it would be more accurate, but we don't) It's just the watch is smaller and lasts longer.. so not sure I really needed the new version.

M2 Driver

M6 (6-PW)

CBX2 PW, AW, SW, LW

Ryan G

Hi guys, 

I currently have a garmin VA4 which is so frustrating to use for golf so it is being returned. The 3 pack of Ct10 sensors i also purchased with it are equally as useless and being returned. 

I am looking at the shotscope V3 as it looks to be built by golfers for golfers  and would really appreciate if anyone could answer a few questions please?

1. Can you see your score half way through the round or the previous hole scores on the watch?
  2. Do you get your score at the end of the round?
  3. Does it detect every shot and if not can you quickly add other strokes on once you are at the pin collect stage for example lost balls +2 etc

Bit worried the watch would become a distraction and i would be worried it is not detecting strokes and my score will not be accurate? See a lot of people talking about post editing on V2 which  sounds frustrating as i would not remember the scores and strokes on every hole to check / verify it is correct..

Ultimately trying to make sure i do not buy something which will not live up to my expectations of a fully automated system apart from manually adding penalty strokes which i assume you press a button for when needed?

7 minutes ago, GetInTheHole said:
  • Can you see your score half way through the round or the previous hole scores on the watch?
  • Do you get your score at the end of the round?
  • Does it detect every shot and if not can you quickly add other strokes on once you are at the pin collect stage for example lost balls +2 etc

No
No
No

The only way to possibly do any of those is to run and sync the app during the round and I don't know if that would work anyway. I have found the V3, like the V2, will miss a couple of strokes per round even though I do my practice swings, and more than they recommend. I use The Grint app to put in my score as a backup, that way, after the round when I edit, I can be as accurate as possible for the stats.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I don't believe any of the tag GPS systems are 1000% accurate and they all have to have some kind of post round editing.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

No
No
No

The only way to possibly do any of those is to run and sync the app during the round and I don't know if that would work anyway. I have found the V3, like the V2, will miss a couple of strokes per round even though I do my practice swings, and more than they recommend. I use The Grint app to put in my score as a backup, that way, after the round when I edit, I can be as accurate as possible for the stats.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but I don't believe any of the tag GPS systems are 1000% accurate and they all have to have some kind of post round editing.

Kind of makes it feel pointless if it can not guarantee every stroke as that is the point in golf at the end of the day 

Appreciate the answers though , back to the drawing board

Just now, GetInTheHole said:

Appreciate the answers though , back to the drawing board

👍 Mark 1, Model 0 paper and pencil...

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

1 hour ago, MattF said:

No
No
No

1. No 

2. On the dashboard you can see your score once it's been synced.

3. I've had rounds where 100% shots are detected and rounds where 1-5 shots were missed. You can penalty while playing, but you won't know whether a shot was missed.

I also write down score on paper to cross check after the round.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Setup was pretty straightforward, FW update was quick and didn't hang.

Bluetooth connection also worked without issues.

Still have to get couple more rounds under the belt to decide whether keep or flip.

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

1. No 

2. On the dashboard you can see your score once it's been synced.

3. I've had rounds where 100% shots are detected and rounds where 1-5 shots were missed. You can penalty while playing, but you won't know whether a shot was missed.

I also write down score on paper to cross check after the round.

Any idea what causes the shots not to track is it something which can be avoided? 

If you are going in afterwards to add the shots on is it going to knock out the approach shot stats etc? 

6 minutes ago, GetInTheHole said:

Any idea what causes the shots not to track is it something which can be avoided? 

If you are going in afterwards to add the shots on is it going to knock out the approach shot stats etc? 

I'm guessing the practice swing not properly waking up the sensor. Not really sure how the algorithm works.

The stats are based on your signed off card, so I'm guessing if you edit and add the penalities or missing shows and then sign off, all of it will be included in the stats.

I'm getting a driver fitting tomorrow and will play on Sunday. I'll try to check it for you.

Did anyone fiddle with the GPS and RFID settings? Wonder how it affects accuracy and battery life.

16 hours ago, GetInTheHole said:

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005402425-Is-there-a-user-guide-for-the-watch-?mobile_site=true

You can take a look at the user manual, some of your concerns are addressed there.

How do people find the automatic putting tracking compared to manual?

If I am standing still on the green for 20 seconds not near my ball waiting for playing partners to take chips or putts is it going to think I took a putt from that location in automatic putt mode?

What do you guys have your putt modes set to automatic or manual and why?

Had a look though manual but could not see anything on this

37 minutes ago, GetInTheHole said:

How do people find the automatic putting tracking compared to manual?

If I am standing still on the green for 20 seconds not near my ball waiting for playing partners to take chips or putts is it going to think I took a putt from that location in automatic putt mode?

What do you guys have your putt modes set to automatic or manual and why?

Had a look though manual but could not see anything on this

Don't think so, unless you are swinging your putter.