TESTERS WANTED! ×

On 7/3/2020 at 12:16 PM, MattF said:

Took 50 minutes, so 10 minutes per 10%. In theory it should take 1 hour 40 minutes from dead flat.

@MattF that is assuming the charging logic is linear. I believe most charging logics are logarithmic? Like charge really fast up to a certain point then trickle charge to full to preserve battery life? all i know is the V3 definitely charges much faster than the V2

On 7/2/2020 at 6:20 PM, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I haven't timed it out and haven't had my V3 battery drop below 50% yet, but from about half charge it got to full fairly quickly, certainly seemed to be much less than 2.5 hours.  I don't know about the claim of 50% more battery life, my V2 would be at about 40% after a 4 hour round using tracking and GPS, V3 is 50-60%.  First time out with it I played 18 in 3 hours with GPS and tracking, left the band on overnight by accident, and had 67% when I plugged it in the next day.

I'm playing a couple rounds over the next few days so I will try to remember to time the battery charging.  If I still have at least 55% battery after one round I'll play the second on the same charge to drain the battery and try to time a full charge.

I played 2 full 18 holes this week. Both rounds lasted about 4 hours. I shut the watch off between rounds and did not charge. At the end of the 2nd 18, I had yellow battery life but not sure of the percentage. I was on default settings for GPS satellites and sleep between shots. Auto putting.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

I had a weird issue happen to me the other day where I played a full round, hit end round on the 18th green, then a few hours later went to sync to mobile and edit/finalize the round.  Somehow it just wasn't there, no history in the band, and the app will not pick up the new round.  I have a support conversation open with ShotScope so I will update here if there is a resolution, but I was curious if anyone else had that happen to them, and if so did you solve it.  They did tell me they can see the round played on my account, I guess it's just in purgatory or something.  
So far I've tried logging out/back in to the app and deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.  Left it connected to the band via Bluetooth for about 10 mins, refreshing periodically, but it didn't pick it up.

I had it happen the same way, so I just set it aside and the next day it synced.....WTH.

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 6/26/2020 at 7:30 AM, GetInTheHole said:

Hi guys, 

I currently have a garmin VA4 which is so frustrating to use for golf so it is being returned. The 3 pack of Ct10 sensors i also purchased with it are equally as useless and being returned. 

I am looking at the shotscope V3 as it looks to be built by golfers for golfers  and would really appreciate if anyone could answer a few questions please?

1. Can you see your score half way through the round or the previous hole scores on the watch?
  2. Do you get your score at the end of the round?
  3. Does it detect every shot and if not can you quickly add other strokes on once you are at the pin collect stage for example lost balls +2 etc

Bit worried the watch would become a distraction and i would be worried it is not detecting strokes and my score will not be accurate? See a lot of people talking about post editing on V2 which  sounds frustrating as i would not remember the scores and strokes on every hole to check / verify it is correct..

Ultimately trying to make sure i do not buy something which will not live up to my expectations of a fully automated system apart from manually adding penalty strokes which i assume you press a button for when needed?

Ok,  I have been using the system for a couple of years.  You cannot see the score ongoing nor at the end of the round until synced.  It detects pretty well but I would say it averages 1-5 missed shots a round (out of an average score for me of 80 so 5/80 is about a 5-6% error rate.)   This however is not as terrible as you might think.  Remember that as you go through the round to verify on the dashboard later, it is showing you an overlay of the course on each shot you hit.  This jogs your memory very well and I have no problem realizing that I didn't hit it 380 yards on hole #7 and that it missed my nine iron that I hit onto the green.  So I just drop that shot in where I hit it from.  Easy Peasy.  The advantage to the system is the statistics that you can pull out of it as the season progresses.  You can easily determine what your up and down percentages are, what are your percentage of sand saves, putts per hole average, greens in regualtion, etc.  You also can filter for proximity to pin from 80, 100, 120, or any metric you choose.  This real knowledge is invaluable if you are working on your game.  For instance for all last year I was almost 60% in sand saves but was terrible in short pitches.  So I know in a bind I am better off out of the sand than pitching over the sand trap. I am also three putting way too often missing short putts.  So this year I am working on putting and chipping/pitching.  I wouldn't use it to determine your club distances because of variables in club usages from shot to shot (into the wind, against the wind, half shots, chips, knockdowns, flubs...etc)

So I would say it depends on why you use the watch and how you view your relationship with the game.  If you want to just keep score and know distances with some info on number of putts and greens in regulation then a Garmin would be your choice.  If you want a real statistical analysis to aid in improving your game then Shotscope is a great choice despite some weaknesses.  Realize also that you can use the Shotscope in GPS only mode just to view your yardages.  

Hope that helps

Kevin

@fixyurdivot over the weekend I drained the battery to 12% after 2 full rounds that took roughly 4 hours each.  Fully charged from there in about 1.4 - 1.5 hours, so that's about on par with what others have reported.  I also had a lengthy period where I just left the band on to use as a watch to try to drain the battery more, after a 3.5 hour 18 hole round today I was sitting at 68% charge from starting full.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

I'm getting very tempted by this. Introductory pricing lasts for another few weeks so I've got time to think (and read) about it.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I used my V3 for the first time today.

The watch was 64% charged right out of the box and took about 20 minutes to reach 100%.

Setup was quick last night. I spend approx. 45 minutes total for the download, sync and replace V2 tags with the new ones. Most of that time was spent engineering a workaround to install the tag on my putter and new driver. My putter has a weight at the top of the grip so I've always added my putts after my rounds instead of attaching the tag with glue. I decided with my V3 I would figure out how to make it work on my putter. Following another spy's idea I used black electrical tape. I cut the putter tag stem to less than 1/8", stretched a piece of tape over the top to hold it in place and then wrapped the tape around the grip. My driver (Cobra F8) came with the Arccos connect tag embedded in the grip which I managed to pop out but the extra piece holding that tag was glued on tight. I manage to screw the Shot Scope tag partially into grip hole showing down in the larger hole left by the Arccos tag and then gave it the same electrical tape treatment. Not the prettiest setup but it works for now.

IMG_2926.jpg.4dcf5ed13c2afa17fab0822f9adb1630.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg.a132603e903ee9acda329a42162a77a5.jpg

I turned the watch on as a drove to the first tee. Finding the course for the first time took about 2 minutes. It only missed two shots in my round which were both a SW. I also had a several missing putts but I caused those errors by forgetting to log my putts and note where the pin was. Note to self - don't hurry off the green!

My biggest problem was reteaching my brain that there were only two buttons on the left side of the watch instead of the 3 on the V2. I like this smaller sleeker V3. Much better for my smaller arm.

What I didn't like was an issue when editing my round to add my putts and missed SW. The software gave me a choice of any club that I had ever registered with Shot Scope instead of only what I had setup as currently in "My Bag" profile. This same problem happened when editing my V2 rounds and I had hoped the new software would have fixed that issue. I have registered three sets of clubs in my Shot Scope account which means for some clubs three colors show up for the same club. I use  a mix of clubs from all sets. So when adding the missed SW shot I had to exit my round and go back to "My Bag" profile find out what color SW was currently using.

Overall I do like Shot Scope. It is definitely the best option for me.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Blog post dropped this morning....

https://mygolfspy.com/shotscope-v3-gps/

So I've used V3 for three rounds so far. Overall, functionality is very similar to V2 - the occasional missing shots (I hit one from under a tree that somehow didn't get picked up, another one from the woods did - go figure). Editing remains very easy, and I do like the Provisional/Penalty/Lost ball feature on the watch - makes the editing easier. A note - if you've never used a shot tracking system, there WILL be post round editing. It's not hard, but plan on it for every round.

As others have mentioned, the battery life is much improved - I have tried playing 36 in a day yet, but the battery level may drop to around 58-60% after a round. Haven't timed how long it takes to charge.

All that aside, the size of the thing is the big plus. If you compared it to V2, it's David Spade's Richard to Chris Farley's Tommy Boy.  I'm also excited for the prospects of G3 - it's basically the exact same watch, only without shot tracking capabilities. For under $200, it's going to be a winner for them. 

An insiders tip - if you are interested in either unit, I'd jump on it quick. I have a feeling they'll sell out by the end of the month. Just sayin....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I purchased ShotScope V2 in May. Such a bummer. V3 looks so much better. The problem I have noticed is with penalties. Taking a drop isn't straight forward. You would think it would be easier to take a drop with stroke and distance or a lateral drop. My second concern is my devices misses about 4 stroke per round. The GPS numbers are spot on. 

Rick  

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

So I've used V3 for three rounds so far. Overall, functionality is very similar to V2 - the occasional missing shots (I hit one from under a tree that somehow didn't get picked up, another one from the woods did - go figure). Editing remains very easy, and I do like the Provisional/Penalty/Lost ball feature on the watch - makes the editing easier. A note - if you've never used a shot tracking system, there WILL be post round editing. It's not hard, but plan on it for every round.

As others have mentioned, the battery life is much improved - I have tried playing 36 in a day yet, but the battery level may drop to around 58-60% after a round. Haven't timed how long it takes to charge.

All that aside, the size of the thing is the big plus. If you compared it to V2, it's David Spade's Richard to Chris Farley's Tommy Boy.  I'm also excited for the prospects of G3 - it's basically the exact same watch, only without shot tracking capabilities. For under $200, it's going to be a winner for them. 

An insiders tip - if you are interested in either unit, I'd jump on it quick. I have a feeling they'll sell out by the end of the month. Just sayin....

Thanks to the article I learned it was available through Dicks! Had some gift cards so my order has been placed!

44 minutes ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Have I missed something, or does the pricing not match what the blog says?

Looks like $200 and $180. (Blog shows $180/$160)

Edit: ShotScope website is funky and showed two different prices. Found the $180 price.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

Does anyone have any thoughts/comments on this vs. Garmin S62?

I have always used a handheld GPS (Garmin G30) and have recently tried playing with a watch (successful recently with new velcro band purchase that allows me to more fine tune where it sits on my wrist).  I am interested in thoughts on the comparison/contrast of these 2 devices (accuracy, mapping, etc etc).  Thanks in advance for any help!

I might not be very good, but I walk and play fast!

9 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

I'm showing $180/$160 launch price offers here

scope.PNG

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

I have never used Arccos so I can't make an experienced comparison with Shot Scope. But needing to have my phone in my pocket or anywhere on me is a deal breaker for Arccos. I imagine that is the same for most of the female golfer market.

A few of my golf skirts have a pocket but not always in the front. And the front pockets that I do have are much too small for a phone. I leave my phone in my bag. The ease of wearing the Shot Scope watch is all I need.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

27 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Edit: ShotScope website is funky and showed two different prices. Found the $180 price.

Yeah - links have been a bit odd today. This one is correct:

https://shotscope.com/us/

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

7 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I have never used Arccos so I can't make an experienced comparison with Shot Scope. But needing to have my phone in my pocket or anywhere on me is a deal breaker for Arccos. I imagine that is the same for most of the female golfer market.

A few of my golf skirts have a pocket but not always in the front. And the front pockets that I do have are much too small for a phone. I leave my phone in my bag. The ease of wearing the Shot Scope watch is all I need.

The lack of pockets in typical female golf attire never occurred to me. That certainly makes Arccos a hard sell.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

The lack of pockets in typical female golf attire never occurred to me. That certainly makes Arccos a hard sell.

Most women I know don't like pockets on any of their clothes, especially front pockets. And if they have front pockets, they will not use them.  We generally choose clothes with a slimmer fit than men and we certainly don't want to add extra bulges.

PXG 0811 XF driver

I've used both and at the end of the day, I'd use ShotScope's V2 before going back to Arcoss. I found their tag cumbersome, it was a power drag on my old Samsung S8 and other than telling me the wind speed (which shouldn't be used in a tournament) I found the ShotScope just as effective. Now with the new V3, it's only gotten better. Kudos to the Scott's!

image.jpeg.59f6c1b337cc0e4aa87378d23d4831e6.jpeg G400 Max, 8.5 Degree Driver  

image.jpeg.41fbbbc2200944c5b954a36f7876b924.jpeg G410 Plus, 15.5 Degree 3-Wood 

image.jpeg.0e9bc66aae15cd02f1313d1a2e1f6aeb.jpeg G410 Plus, 19.5 Degree 5-Wood 

image.jpeg.c34cd29b63964e8a9aea0f9a9395ca35.jpeg G410, 22 Degree 4-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.a13f6af8cee79763c1345ff4e66751e0.jpeg G410, 26 Degree 5-Hybrid 

image.jpeg.2b11b267bdd8f4671d774143300d13b1.jpeg I500, 6 Iron - U Wedge 

image.jpeg.faa4af2857c6ac253d5a9fb8ba633d4f.jpeg Glide 2.0 54 & 58 Degree Wedges 

image.jpeg.c4e47f914b1797ce0d60849040d6819c.jpeg Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Putter 

image.jpeg.82b8ab8482601f5e4a6b5e612b7f471a.jpeg AVX (because Ping doen’t make golf balls anymore) 

Edited by Rannalph
correction and equipment add

image.jpeg

36 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

My resistance is weak, my credit card is heated up.  I’m $180 bucks poorer 😜

But your golf experience will be richer!

PXG 0811 XF driver

I’ve given up on the Arccos system, I always had too mean shots that didn’t tag or tagged from the wrong spot. The new V3 version of this interests me...I really wish they could integrate it with my Apple Watch

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

For those of you that have missing shots (mine was bad on Sunday - 10 missed shots) here is some suggestions straight from SS. Looks like it's the watch that needs to be woken up, not the tags. So, shake your wrist before you do your practice swings.

The following article will explain why your shots might be missed by the watch.

When the watch has failed to pick up shots it is normally due to one of the following reasons:

- All the tags have not been securely inserted into all the clubs.

- The user is not taking any practice swings. The Shot Scope watch goes to "sleep" in between shots, if a few practice swings are not taken before each shot then this can lead to missed shots as the watch hasn't "woken up" and misses the first swing/shot.

- Users are wearing the watch on the wrong wrist. Right handed golfers should wear the watch on their left wrist and left handed golfers on their right wrist. You also need to make sure that you have the watch set to the correct hand setting.  Click here to find out more information about how to wear the watch.

- Users wearing the watch too high on their wrist. If you wear the watch too high up the wrist then the watch and the tags can be too far apart to pick up shots. The closer to the bottom of the wrist the better.

- Users wearing metal or other devices on their wrist. Metal and other devices such as smartwatches or ION bracelets can be magnetic and prevent the technology in the watch from working.

- Users gripping down too much on the club. Holding the club down the grip can mean that the watch is too far away from the tag to record shots.

- Users wearing the watch with the face on the inside of their wrist. The watch has been designed to be worn with the screen facing the sky so this can cause the watch to miss shots.

If shots are being missed you can always add/edit your shots on your account.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So, I had been watching the V2 and reading all your reviews for that product for a year, and held off because of the size.  With that issue resolved and the discussion that has been occurring here, I ordered the V3 on launch day.

I had been using Swing U for GPS and such prior and am curious what all the Shotscope users use to track your score during the round since that isn't built into the product.  Just curious what you all might pair your Shotscope with for score tracking.

I know the watch doesn't have an overhead view of the hole, that is probably something else I would miss from the app on a course that I don't play as often, so was wondering how you all complement the Shotscope for things like this.

Edited by Gilley7997

2 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

So, I had been watching the V2 and reading all your reviews for that product for a year, and held off because of the size.  With that issue resolved and the discussion that has been occurring here, I ordered the V3 on launch day.

I had been using Swing U for GPS and such prior and am curious what all the Shotscope users use to track your score during the round since that isn't built into the product.  Just curious what you all might pair your Shotscope with for score tracking.

I know the watch doesn't have an overhead view of the hole, that is probably something else I would miss from the app on a course that I don't play as often, so was wondering how you all complement the Shotscope for things like this.

I use GolfShot to keep score and cross check my post round edit.

Sometimes I just write on paper.

The overhead view during the round is not important to me, so I'm fine with it in the dashboard.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Still waiting on my February order but shipping now shows it may get here tomorrow ?  Been looking forward to this, couldn't get the V2 comfortable on my wrist as I never wore a watch golfing. Have been wearing a watch golfing to get used to it for a few months now, just hope I don't have issues.

8 minutes ago, Gunga_Galunga said:

Do you have to wear this on your wrist? Can you loop it to your belt or carry it in your pocket?

Yes. It has to be within 10cm or 4" of the tag.

3 hours ago, Gilley7997 said:

I use The Grint app as a companion for scoring and they have GPS with the overhead.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I wear an Apple Watch and need a some help.  I’ve been searching everywhere and cannot find any videos or anyone talking about how well or how sucky the experience is with Arccos using their Apple Watch to track shots instead of their phone in the front pocket.

It feels like both Shotscope V3 & Arccos “miss” shots.  I already have an Apple Watch.  

Can someone convince me why I should buy Shotscope V3 (swap watches) over Arccos?  I am open to both systems and have used neither.  

Edited by jlarose

Driver - TS3 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS 6.5 low spin 62g

3 Wood - PXG 0341 - Aldila 70 - X shaft

3 & 4 iron - Mizuno HMB MP 20 - N.S. Pro Modus3 shafts

5-PW - Mizuno MP 20s - N.S. Pro Modis3 shafts

50°, 56° & 60° - Vokey SM5 & SM6 - cut down 8 iron shaft - Project X 6.5 PXi

Putters - SIK Pro & EVNROLL ER2