TESTERS WANTED! ×

2 hours ago, jlarose said:

I wear an Apple Watch and need a some help.  I’ve been searching everywhere and cannot find any videos or anyone talking about how well or how sucky the experience is with Arccos using their Apple Watch to track shots instead of their phone in the front pocket.

It feels like both Shotscope V3 & Arccos “miss” shots.  I already have an Apple Watch.  

Can someone convince me why I should buy Shotscope V3 (swap watches) over Arccos?  I am open to both systems and have used neither.  

I don't have any personal experience with SS, but used Arccos for about 6 months before I ditched it. For me, it just missed too many putts for me to get over the annoyance of having to play with my phone in my pocket (I don't have an iWatch). Pulling my phone out of pocket to set pin locations, only for it to miss my putt, was disappointing. It didn't happen every time, but it happened often enough for it to be too annoying to keep using. If you can wait, I suggest waiting for Arccos Link before purchasing either of the two. From what I've seen, Arccos' dashboard looks better than Shotscope's, but as I admitted already I have not used SS.

I was interested in Shotscope V3 because I have small, flat wrist bones and the V2 would probably look like a 65" TV on my wrist, but I don't know if I could play golf with a watch on. Was hoping to be able to secure it to my belt loop but as @MattF said, it won't work. Might still try it though because my wallet is itchy and I like stats.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

When I was still using V2 and I couldn't attach a tag to my new driver yet, @downlowkey suggested I keep the loose driver tag in a pocket. Since I don't usually have pockets, I kept it in the waist band of my skirt. Before hitting my driver, I would touch the face of the watch to the driver tag (thru the fabric, I didn't remove it) to secure the link and then hit my driver. It worked. It always recorded where I hit my drive from. And the tag must have been far enough away from the watch to not interfere with other tags because it never showed that I was hitting my driver when I hit other clubs.

@downlowkey also taught me that if I walked to my ball carrying more than one club (especially in my watch hand) that the watch can get confused about which club to record. I would touch the watch to the tag of the club I chose to use to make sure the connection was made with the correct club at that location. That also worked.

I assume that the watch is not recording actual hits but is recording each GPS location. Sometimes I hit two drives off the first tee but the watch doesn't know how many practice swings vs hits I made, so it only shows one drive (one GPS location). Then it picks up the next GPS location from the ball I choose to use and records the length of only that drive.

The next time I play with my new V3, I will try to remember touch the watch to the tag on each club just before I hit it. If we need to sometimes "wake up" the watch to make the connection, then maybe this will be a simple foolproof method. Better for me than spending energy on multiple practice swings.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

2 hours ago, JY56 said:

Finally showed up today when I got home from the course. Charged it, did firmware update and hopefully it works well for my round tomorrow.  I must say, it's a lot more comfortable for me than the V2

Damn... finally!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

3 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

When I was still using V2 and I couldn't attach a tag to my new driver yet, @downlowkey suggested I keep the loose driver tag in a pocket. Since I don't usually have pockets, I kept it in the waist band of my skirt. Before hitting my driver, I would touch the face of the watch to the driver tag (thru the fabric, I didn't remove it) to secure the link and then hit my driver. It worked. It always recorded where I hit my drive from. And the tag must have been far enough away from the watch to not interfere with other tags because it never showed that I was hitting my driver when I hit other clubs.

@downlowkey also taught me that if I walked to my ball carrying more than one club (especially in my watch hand) that the watch can get confused about which club to record. I would touch the watch to the tag of the club I chose to use to make sure the connection was made with the correct club at that location. That also worked.

I assume that the watch is not recording actual hits but is recording each GPS location. Sometimes I hit two drives off the first tee but the watch doesn't know how many practice swings vs hits I made, so it only shows one drive (one GPS location). Then it picks up the next GPS location from the ball I choose to use and records the length of only that drive.

The next time I play with my new V3, I will try to remember touch the watch to the tag on each club just before I hit it. If we need to sometimes "wake up" the watch to make the connection, then maybe this will be a simple foolproof method. Better for me than spending energy on multiple practice swings.

With the V3, I had a couple of holes where it recorded 4 shots from the same location. They were all practice swings, so not sure how it tells them apart from each other.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

With the V3, I had a couple of holes where it recorded 4 shots from the same location. They were all practice swings, so not sure how it tells them apart from each other.

Dang, not what I want to read after I just ordered one lol

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Dang, not what I want to read after I just ordered one lol

LOL it never happened with the V1 I had. Missed shots happened once in a while, but never 4 repeated practice swings. But don't worry, seems like 99% of the users here haven't encountered such issue.

19 hours ago, yungkory said:

I don't have any personal experience with SS, but used Arccos for about 6 months before I ditched it. For me, it just missed too many putts for me to get over the annoyance of having to play with my phone in my pocket (I don't have an iWatch). Pulling my phone out of pocket to set pin locations, only for it to miss my putt, was disappointing. It didn't happen every time, but it happened often enough for it to be too annoying to keep using. If you can wait, I suggest waiting for Arccos Link before purchasing either of the two. From what I've seen, Arccos' dashboard looks better than Shotscope's, but as I admitted already I have not used SS.

I was interested in Shotscope V3 because I have small, flat wrist bones and the V2 would probably look like a 65" TV on my wrist, but I don't know if I could play golf with a watch on. Was hoping to be able to secure it to my belt loop but as @MattF said, it won't work. Might still try it though because my wallet is itchy and I like stats.

So what’s the point of this technology versus using an app to track your stats?  Does it give you accurate carry distance?  I’m not seeing the benefit of the technology over let’s say TheGrint App or GolfShot App.  I really want to buy one just not sure why I should.  Any thoughts?  Can anyone convince me to buy one over the other?  Thanks in advance.

Driver - TS3 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS 6.5 low spin 62g

3 Wood - PXG 0341 - Aldila 70 - X shaft

3 & 4 iron - Mizuno HMB MP 20 - N.S. Pro Modus3 shafts

5-PW - Mizuno MP 20s - N.S. Pro Modis3 shafts

50°, 56° & 60° - Vokey SM5 & SM6 - cut down 8 iron shaft - Project X 6.5 PXi

Putters - SIK Pro & EVNROLL ER2

6 hours ago, jlarose said:

So what’s the point of this technology versus using an app to track your stats?  Does it give you accurate carry distance?  I’m not seeing the benefit of the technology over let’s say TheGrint App or GolfShot App.  I really want to buy one just not sure why I should.  Any thoughts?  Can anyone convince me to buy one over the other?  Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, where to start?  

First things first, it automatically registers your stats as you play - you don't have to do much of anything. It knows what club you hit and where you hit it from. For example - it knows you're using your driver for your tee shot, and then it knows you're using, say, you're 8-iron for your next shot, and from where you're hitting your 8-iron. From that, it knows how far you hit your driver. It basically uses the GPS to pinpoint where you're hitting from and it uses the technology in the strap and the RFID tags to know which club you're hitting and from where. 

On the green, since you have a tag with your putter, it knows where your first put is, and using the Pin Collect function you can tell it where the pin is and how many putts you took to hole out. 

The rest of the story is the actual data presentation. You get distances for each club, as well as what it calls P-Average, which basically culls out things like punch outs, half shots or really, really bad tee shots to give you an accurate idea of your "good" shots. You also get stats like proximity to the hole for approach shots with different clubs, short game and putting stats, etc. It's all presented on a personal dash board on their website and on the app. You will probably have to do a little post-round editing once you upload the data from the watch to your app or computer, but it's easy enough to do.

Aside from all that, you get a pretty decent GPS watch and a way to remember bucket list rounds. 

Not sure if any of this helps - but to me, that's the point of this technology,. 

Annotation 2020-07-08 165239.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-08 165412.jpg

Annotation 2020-07-08 165649.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

2 hours ago, jlarose said:

I didn't want to muddy the waters with Arccos stuff so I replied in the Arccos thread (it's a good read btw). Link below:

I'm hoping that Shotscope can improve where I felt Arccos fell short, but honestly most of the issues I had with Arccos were personal preference. i.e. phone in pocket.

21 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

I played 9 holes this evening. I touched my watch to the tag on each club before I took a practice swing and hit, including my putter. The results are no missed shots, locations or wrong clubs. It even recorded my putts correctly. When a short 2 footer lipped out and left me with only 4 inches, it showed the 2 foot and then counted the 4 inch putt but listed it as no length. The only editing was I had to add a water ball penalty because I didn't mark it while playing.

I'm delighted. If I can remember to record penalties (or avoid them) then I can skip the editing time altogether. In the past I have always guessed at the length of all putts, write them down and then add them later. No writing, just tag touch and enjoy playing. I guess the exception is written score cards to turn in during tournaments.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

For those in the US that have received their v3, where did your shipment originate from and through what delivery service?

Ordered mine directly from ShotScope last night and just got shipment notification. Coming via DHL from Illinois. Hope you get yours soon! I didn't want to try ordering from Dick's because they always dick me on shipping costs 😂. The direct one was free to Hawaii, but DHL is probably snail service.

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

For those in the US that have received their v3, where did your shipment originate from and through what delivery service?

Mine shipped by DHL from a Shot Scope facility in Illinois. It took 8 days to arrive.

PXG 0811 XF driver

55 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

Mine shipped by DHL from a Shot Scope facility in Illinois. It took 8 days to arrive.

8 days from Illinois to Texas? Did they rollerblade it down to you?!

8 days from Illinois to Texas? Did they rollerblade it down to you?!

For those too young or too old this is a rollerblade aka inline skates !

03F2DFA4-7BBE-4895-9900-089F03DECE42-56589-0000223001376223.jpg

Lol! Just such a super random and old method of transportation to pick ! Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 

First round with V3 and was pleasantly surprised after reading all the hiccups on here.  I rarely take practice swings but it picked up all my shots.  I had to do quite a bit of editing as I kept forgetting to record penalty/lost shots and I had a really rough round.  I was a little distracted today. 

8 hours ago, yungkory said:

Coming via DHL from Illinois.

That's where and how mine came.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

19 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

You also get stats like proximity to the hole for approach shots with different clubs, short game and putting stats, etc. It's all presented on a personal dash board on their website and on the app. You will probably have to do a little post-round editing once you upload the data from the watch to your app or computer, but it's easy enough to do.

I have used both ShotScope and Arccos, ultimately settling on Arccos. I think they do a better job of data presentation for almost everything. Putting stats for ShotScope are a lot better than Arccos, though. During the Stroke Lab test last year, I could define two different putters in ShotScope and let the stats do the talking, especially related to make percentage as a function of distance, first putt proximity, and three-putt percentage. Arccos? They have somewhat similar metrics, but I like the ShotScope presentation better.

12 hours ago, yungkory said:

The direct one was free to Hawaii, but DHL is probably snail service.

At work, we usually have very good luck using DHL from Europe to the US. I tried to convince a supplier in Germany to use DHL with a shipment last week. They used FedEx and my shipment has been hung up in customs for 8 days now. Of course, DHL is based in Germany and I believe their first stop in the US is Cincinnati, so that may helps matters for us.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I don't wear a watch on the course but am interested in getting the V3.

Possibly a dumb question:  will attaching it to my push cart still allow the V3 to collect shot data from synced clubs or does it need to be closer to the sensor to work?  If it needs to be closer (on my wrist), then I may go with the G3 for just the GPS.

Thanks.

Tim

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

You need the watch within 10cm of the tag for detection.

Or as @artful_golfer mentioned, perhaps tapping the tag with the watch before each shot?

I'm not sure tapping the tag with the band would work effectively, as far as I know the prolonged close proximity you get from holding/swinging the club is what triggers a shot read.  Might be a good question to pose to ShotScope directly.

In other news, there is a firmware update out today, I seem to be getting stuck at 99% sync to update it though, anyone else having issues?  I've tried closing/re-opening the app, might try turning the band off/on as well and try again.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

28 minutes ago, tdc1 said:

I don't wear a watch on the course but am interested in getting the V3.

Possibly a dumb question:  will attaching it to my push cart still allow the V3 to collect shot data from synced clubs or does it need to be closer to the sensor to work?  If it needs to be closer (on my wrist), then I may go with the G3 for just the GPS.

Thanks.

Tim

But the stats with the V3 help me. Let me see that of the putts I missed, 68% were short. So I started working to remedy that.

I haven't worn a watch for over 30 years. I was concerned that it might bother me playing with it, but I adjusted quickly. Maybe because I really wanted it to work. And the convenience of being able to just look down at my wrist for information is great. I had a hand held Golf Buddy before and I was always looking for it.

PXG 0811 XF driver

1 hour ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I'm not sure tapping the tag with the band would work effectively, as far as I know the prolonged close proximity you get from holding/swinging the club is what triggers a shot read.  Might be a good question to pose to ShotScope directly.

In other news, there is a firmware update out today, I seem to be getting stuck at 99% sync to update it though, anyone else having issues?  I've tried closing/re-opening the app, might try turning the band off/on as well and try again.

I think the tap is just to wake up the sensor/tag... and you won't have to do the practice swings...

2 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

I did the firmware update this morning and had no issues. Interested to see what the differences are on the course this Sunday. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

4 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

I think the tap is just to wake up the sensor/tag... and you won't have to do the practice swings...

Exactly. What made me leap to the idea to experiment with tapping my watch to each club is because 1) @MattF posted the article about needing to "wake" the watch, 2) mine was not connecting for my SW shots, and 3) the tagging worked with my driver without the tag in the grip. It seemed to make sense. I also did the practice swings (even with my putter) only because that was part of Shot Scope instructions. It also seems to make sense that if you tap you might not need to do practice swings.

I already have an email trail open with Shot Scope Support about a replacement part for my V2. So I included info about this discussion in one of the emails. They respond quickly. I'll let you know what they say. 

PXG 0811 XF driver

17 hours ago, Fake Carl Spackler said:

That's strange. Did you check to see if you had the newest revision app? I did mine yesterday, took about 5 minutes and worked well.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

That's strange. Did you check to see if you had the newest revision app? I did mine yesterday, took about 5 minutes and worked well.

I will have to test it out during my next round, it would be cool to have the Shotscope on my pushcart and be able to wear my fitbit instead.  I was just basing my thought off of the instructions they have on how to use the tags.

Right now I'm still struggling to update the firmware, so we'll see if I can at least get that done today.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

18 hours ago, golfish! said:

I did the firmware update this morning and had no issues. Interested to see what the differences are on the course this Sunday. 

Does anyone know where they post their firmware update change notes? Or are they noted in the app during the upgrade?  My V3 should arrive in the next 4 hours or so, curious about the changes and improvements they are making...I come from an IT world, so I'm used to seeing Change Logs.