TESTERS WANTED! ×

Just received my new V3 watch.. It will not finish updating the firmware update, followed the recommended fixes on the website to no avail. Emailed the support group at the company and received an email that they will not respond for over 1 week.. not customer friendly.. Does not work with Samsung Note 10 to date. Wonder if they will refund?

Trying turning off both the watch and phone. Then try again.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

2 hours ago, Captain Bill said:

Just received my new V3 watch.. It will not finish updating the firmware update, followed the recommended fixes on the website to no avail. Emailed the support group at the company and received an email that they will not respond for over 1 week.. not customer friendly.. Does not work with Samsung Note 10 to date. Wonder if they will refund?

Might be they are working on a project or on some kind of company wide holiday. For the most part the Shotscope team are very responsive. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 7/13/2020 at 6:48 PM, machu_young said:

Saw some people talking about tapping the tags to the watch before shots. Has anyone tried a full round with that method? Sounds like it could work similar to game golf with the watch attached to a belt. 

Just got my v3 in the mail by the way, pretty quick shipping to Los Angeles (ordered last Monday).  Going to give it a shot this weekend!

Anyone try this method yet? I'm pretty guilty of not taking practice swings. Just wondering if the ole tap to the band method works.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

54 minutes ago, KurtActual said:

Anyone try this method yet? I'm pretty guilty of not taking practice swings. Just wondering if the ole tap to the band method works.

I am guilty of not taking practice swings, although I am trying a little more since getting the V3, which is probably a good thing.  However, even without practice swings I have only seen one shot missed over 4 rounds, so that tells me the V3 is doing a good job of picking up the tag anyway.  The only thing I am seeing as inaccurate for me is the putting, it seems to think all the putts are 2 feet......I wish.

Edited by JY56

2 hours ago, JY56 said:

I am guilty of not taking practice swings, although I am trying a little more since getting the V3, which is probably a good thing.  However, even without practice swings I have only seen one shot missed over 4 rounds, so that tells me the V3 is doing a good job of picking up the tag anyway.  The only thing I am seeing as inaccurate for me is the putting, it seems to think all the putts are 2 feet......I wish.

When I tapped my watch to my putter tag before each putt and then recorded how many putts while standing over the cup, all putts and the pin location were recorded perfectly.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

I’ve used V2 for about a year now and I’ve had almost no issues and when I have, their support team has always got back within 24 hours and resolved any issue. Honestly some of the best customer service I’ve dealt with...until V3 launched. The last 2 weeks my rounds have failed to sync and emails to support have yet to be responded to. I’m sure they’re backed up with the launch and all but it’s troubling that their support has fallen so far in a short time. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that ShotScope support has always been extremely quick and excellent every time I have contacted them in the past. It must be  busy times right now.

Warning: I lost one of the screws in my watch band (there are four of them) and contacted them on Monday but have yet to hear from them. Need to know the size of screw and type/size of driver needed. They are definitely Torx (probably T2 or T3 but not sure.). I have repaired mine using a screw from spare eyeglasses with phillips head (I have a driver to fit). So today my watch worked and none of the other screws came out. I don't have a driver to make sure they are secure and the Jewelry store I tried didn't have Torx drivers or screws.

On the bright side my round today recorded almost perfectly (I had been missing many shots with the V3). I did try tapping the sensor to the band before shots and don't know if that helped or I was just better taking practice swings (since tapping make me think about it). Need to experiment more to know for sure.

I use the manual method for putting. Never could get the V2 to record putts accurately and I like the manual method better anyway.

Love the new V3 watch. Will probably try other band colors once they start selling them. I will probably have a Torx driver to fit by then.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

17 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I think most of them are self-explanatory. Which stat are you having trouble with?

I guess I am just new to the game itself (been playing right at 1 year now).  I love the short game and it's fun for me.. so that's what saves me.. but I wish I knewmore information on putting and how and what I should be practicing and the real statistics for me from what distances.  0-6ft and 6-12ft are really big ranges.

Also I am not really sure how to read the approach shots (which I know are bad)..  Also my short game stats.. what does that really cover?

Just wish there was a full explanation on how to use the data better somewhere for someone like me that just started playing the game.. 

M2 Driver

M6 (6-PW)

CBX2 PW, AW, SW, LW

Ryan G

5 hours ago, jlukes said:

Is there an official Mygolfspy leaderboard?

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-shotscope-leaderboards/

Should still be working. Code MYGSPY

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

52 minutes ago, RyanGphoto said:

I guess I am just new to the game itself (been playing right at 1 year now).  I love the short game and it's fun for me.. so that's what saves me.. but I wish I knewmore information on putting and how and what I should be practicing and the real statistics for me from what distances.  0-6ft and 6-12ft are really big ranges.

Also I am not really sure how to read the approach shots (which I know are bad)..  Also my short game stats.. what does that really cover?

Just wish there was a full explanation on how to use the data better somewhere for someone like me that just started playing the game.. 

Alright, s you got following tabs on top:

Clubs: obviously gives info on clubs. Here you can see your distances (p.avg removes outliers), how often you use each club, which clubs you've used to tee off, for approaches and for short game.

Tee Shots: gives you info on where you miss them, distance, fairways hit and based on where the tee shot landed (left, fairway, right) how it affected your score on that hole. Theoretically, if you hit it a good distance and on short grass, you should be scoring par and conversely, if you are missing left and right and you still score par, you had good recovery shot. If you hit the fairway and scored bogey, means your approach wasn't good or you 3 putted.

Approaches: are all shots after the tee shot. Not sure where they draw the line between approach and short game, but for me approaches are between 50m and 350m. The graph shows where your approaches landed on the green. You can also hover your mouse over the circled i for more info. image.png.9f6a9cab92ceb07e96f942704151be2b.png

Avg Green Success is the % of greens hit with that club. Avg Shots to Finish give you a rough idea of how good your approach is. If you need 2 shots, it means you hit the approach and 1 putt, which is very good. If you are needing 3 shots, then it's approach + 2 putts which is normal and if you are needing more than 3, it either means you didn't hit the green and needed an extra recovery or you 3 putted.

Short Game: For me the filter goes from 0m to 50m. Up + Down success rate with each club. If you manage to hole it within 2 shots or less, it's successful. Shots to Finish is similar to the stat in Approaches.

Putting: Your % of 1, 2 and 3-putts. Where you miss them (long or short), etc... I think someone here also pointed out the big distance range for the putting stats, not sure what ShotScope replied to that inquiry.

Hope that helps!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

11 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

When I tapped my watch to my putter tag before each putt and then recorded how many putts while standing over the cup, all putts and the pin location were recorded perfectly.

Do you have putting set on Auto or manual ?  I put it back to auto again today but haven't been able to see the results as the sync stalled again and the round is now missing (probably on their server)

I enjoyed my first round with it today.

I've been spoiled by the yardages provided by The Grint GPS app. Being able to build your own layup yardages. etc.

It didnt help that I played my worst round in a while today.

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

14 hours ago, JY56 said:

Do you have putting set on Auto or manual ?  I put it back to auto again today but haven't been able to see the results as the sync stalled again and the round is now missing (probably on their server)

Auto. It doesn't record my putts accurately and sometimes at all unless I tag my putter before each putt and stand over the pin to record the number of Putts. I've never tried "Manual" but I assume it would be the same procedure. Actually it misses a number of shots unless I "tap-a-tag", but then it's perfect. I guess I just need to remember to tap-a-tag with my watch.

PXG 0811 XF driver

I heard back from Shot Scope today after sending them an email about "Tapping my tags" (what I'm calling "tap-a-tag"). Below is a copy of the response. I had also asked about keeping the watch attached on a cart. Probably will not record the hit because it needs the swing movement.  When I played this morning, I did not tap-a-tag most of the time and now have a number of edits to do. The putt recordings didn't work well at all. I'm going back to tap-a-tag routine because I like the accuracy and no edits.

Andy (Shot Scope Support)

Jul 16, 2020, 3:17 PM GMT+1

Hi Linda,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you,

This is very interesting to hear you've had such success with this, usually for the watch to detect and place a shot it needs movement (a full swing) as well as being detected whilst addressing the ball. It seems as if maybe this tag tapping "awakens" the watch from sleep mode and then allows it to detect the full swing.

I will pass this in to our team to think about but if its working for you then by all means keep doing it!

Any further feedback going forward just let us know!

PXG 0811 XF driver

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

Auto. It doesn't record my putts accurately and sometimes at all unless I tag my putter before each putt and stand over the pin to record the number of Putts. I've never tried "Manual" but I assume it would be the same procedure. Actually it misses a number of shots unless I "tap-a-tag", but then it's perfect. I guess I just need to remember to tap-a-tag with my watch.

After they got my round uploaded from the server I was able to look/edit.  Getting all my shots but still recording all my putts as 2 ft on Auto.  I will try tapping the tag to the band a few times tomorrow and see if that helps. 

On 7/14/2020 at 2:59 PM, EHump said:

Is anyone having problems with the yardages freezing mid round? This has happened 3 times since I updated the firmware, once in one round and twice in another. The watch itself isn’t frozen as can enter settings etc, the yardages just don’t move on. Each time I had to end the round and then click play again and select GPS/track. The first time it happened when uploading my round it uploaded as normal and one round, the second time it synced as two rounds. Wondering if this is an issue since the new firmware as wasn’t a problem before 

Not sure if anyone had answered you directly yet, but anyway...I have not had this issue, I assume ending/restarting got things working for you again?  Definitely report it to their support team, I'm sure they would want to know.  I did have one instance of the GPS dropping after the 1st hole so it didn't log shots, but somehow it did continue to give me yardages and allow me to use pinselect. I only found out after I tried to sync the round and it wasn't there, Shotscope support noted the issue and I think did implement some sort of fix in the latest firmware. 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

On 7/15/2020 at 9:26 AM, Captain Bill said:

I had to try a few times to get the latest firmware to update, not sure what the issue was, but it finally worked after 4-5 tries (turn off the band and force close the app between tries).  Their support team is normally very responsive, seems like others are seeing delayed responses too so there must be something going on, but I have to assume it's temporary.  I urge you to give it another shot before refunding, hopefully you can get it sorted.

Edited by Fake Carl Spackler

In my :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titelist-small: TSi2 driver 10° w/ Tensei AV Raw White 75

:titelist-small: 917F2 3 wood 15° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:titelist-small: H16 hybrid 19° w/ Diamana Blue 70

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB irons w/ KBS $-Taper 120

:vokey-small: wedges, 56° SM6, 52° SM6, and 47° SM7 - soon to be fitted for new ones

:EVNROLL: ER2 putter

:titelist-small: Pro V1x #42

19 hours ago, Kanoito said:

https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-shotscope-leaderboards/

Should still be working. Code MYGSPY

I just joined it. Let's see where i stand...

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

On 7/8/2020 at 9:03 AM, jlarose said:

So what’s the point of this technology versus using an app to track your stats?  Does it give you accurate carry distance?  I’m not seeing the benefit of the technology over let’s say TheGrint App or GolfShot App.  I really want to buy one just not sure why I should.  Any thoughts?  Can anyone convince me to buy one over the other?  Thanks in advance.

I know I already replied to this a few pages back, but today is another example of why I feel something like SS or Arccos is better than the "free" apps like Grint and Golfshot.

My round today consisted of 14 putts, which is pretty decent at a glance. How I got to 14 is another story. I had 6 1-putts, 2 3-jacks, and a standard 2-putt par. Previously I would've said damn I suck at putting because I had 2 3-jacks, but what you don't see in The Grint or Golfshot is that they were from like 40' -- which still indicates I'm not the greatest lag putter, but it's more of a concern that I'm not able to get the ball closer to the hole on approaches. That is where I find value in these apps over the free ones, especially once Shotscope starts doing strokes gained. I can see what actually cost me, where I saved, etc.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

I know I already replied to this a few pages back, but today is another example of why I feel something like SS or Arccos is better than the "free" apps like Grint and Golfshot.

My round today consisted of 14 putts, which is pretty decent at a glance. How I got to 14 is another story. I had 6 1-putts, 2 3-jacks, and a standard 2-putt par. Previously I would've said damn I suck at putting because I had 2 3-jacks, but what you don't see in The Grint or Golfshot is that they were from like 40' -- which still indicates I'm not the greatest lag putter, but it's more of a concern that I'm not able to get the ball closer to the hole on approaches. That is where I find value in these apps over the free ones, especially once Shotscope starts doing strokes gained. I can see what actually cost me, where I saved, etc.

Great point! There are times I feel like it was a bad putting day, but Arccos putting handicap will tell me otherwise. When I review I will see things like I had a lot of long putts where a 2-putt is an accomplishment and the overall stats would suggest expecting a 2-putt may be unrealistic.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I unboxed, setup and played my first 9 holes with the V3 (GPS + Track mode) yesterday evening. I agree with the improvement sentiments from the perspective of comfort and reduced size. That’s the end of my compliments thus far.

Prior to editing virtually every data point, ShotScope had me at 7 holes (24 total).

I was very careful about maintaining proximity gaps between the band and club tags anytime I wasn’t standing over my ball. Maybe I was too careful? Because the band not only missed all kinds of shots, it also incorrectly assigned clubs in numerous cases. Sometimes my pin collect coordinates were dead on, others the hole location was off by 10+ yards.

The issues today were unlike any I experienced with prior iterations. I was using strictly L1 gps signal, so hopefully toggling over to L1 + L5 tomorrow morning will improve location accuracy. But I cannot wrap my head around all the missing approach shots.

Maybe dialing up the connection settings will improve the tagging errors. If things don’t improve dramatically, I’ll probably be requesting a return label.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Anyone else have a crazy long shot show up in their stats ?  I have a 425 yd 3W shot in my stats but can't find it.  I did msg support but I think they are very busy with the new rollout.  Other than that my V3 is pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, JY56 said:

Anyone else have a crazy long shot show up in their stats ?  I have a 425 yd 3W shot in my stats but can't find it.  I did msg support but I think they are very busy with the new rollout.  Other than that my V3 is pretty spot on.

Sounds like a missed approach? Mine is finally arriving today according to USPS informed delivery!

16 hours ago, downlowkey said:

I unboxed, setup and played my first 9 holes with the V3 (GPS + Track mode) yesterday evening. I agree with the improvement sentiments from the perspective of comfort and reduced size. That’s the end of my compliments thus far.

Prior to editing virtually every data point, ShotScope had me at 7 holes (24 total).

I was very careful about maintaining proximity gaps between the band and club tags anytime I wasn’t standing over my ball. Maybe I was too careful? Because the band not only missed all kinds of shots, it also incorrectly assigned clubs in numerous cases. Sometimes my pin collect coordinates were dead on, others the hole location was off by 10+ yards.

The issues today were unlike any I experienced with prior iterations. I was using strictly L1 gps signal, so hopefully toggling over to L1 + L5 tomorrow morning will improve location accuracy. But I cannot wrap my head around all the missing approach shots.

Maybe dialing up the connection settings will improve the tagging errors. If things don’t improve dramatically, I’ll probably be requesting a return label.

I have left mine on L1 since I got it. I have 6 rounds with it so far and the only shots missed have been when I forgot to mark putts etc and it thought I was on another hole (once)  Other than that I missed and mis-entered a couple of penalties but edited afterwards. It hasn't missed a single approach and my practice swings are a bit hit and miss, I am trying to get more consistent with a practice swing as I'm sure it can only help and is probably a good habit for me to boot.  There is definitely a need to edit after uploading to check shot positions etc (I notice just on/just off the green and right at the edges of fairways etc the gps doesn't always catch correctly) but really the only area I am seeing it is weak is in putting.  I have used Auto and Manual and find it does not seem to get the locations/length of putts.  It could be due to the fact I put lead hand low ? I am trying to be more aware of this issue but find the rest pretty accurate.  One other issue I have had is uploading the round has hung up twice and I had to msg support and get them to upload from their server, which makes it hard to recall all my shots later from memory (I'm in my 60's).  I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks to the firmware going forward.

2 hours ago, JY56 said:

I have left mine on L1 since I got it. I have 6 rounds with it so far and the only shots missed have been when I forgot to mark putts etc and it thought I was on another hole (once)  Other than that I missed and mis-entered a couple of penalties but edited afterwards. It hasn't missed a single approach and my practice swings are a bit hit and miss, I am trying to get more consistent with a practice swing as I'm sure it can only help and is probably a good habit for me to boot.  There is definitely a need to edit after uploading to check shot positions etc (I notice just on/just off the green and right at the edges of fairways etc the gps doesn't always catch correctly) but really the only area I am seeing it is weak is in putting.  I have used Auto and Manual and find it does not seem to get the locations/length of putts.  It could be due to the fact I put lead hand low ? I am trying to be more aware of this issue but find the rest pretty accurate.  One other issue I have had is uploading the round has hung up twice and I had to msg support and get them to upload from their server, which makes it hard to recall all my shots later from memory (I'm in my 60's).  I'm sure there will be a couple of tweaks to the firmware going forward.

I'll be interested to hear about the effect on battery switching to L1 + L5 if anyone does try it. Also, I'm 34 and don't think I can remember every hole from memory by the time I get back in my car, lol.

Got my watch firmware updated and configured my bag on the site, excited to try it out on Sunday.

Swinging with the watch on is definitely going to get some getting used to, but I'm glad it doesn't look like a CRT monitor on my wrist!

Finally heard back from ShotScope on my lost rounds, after a week. As always, they were able to load my rounds to my account without issue, even if it did take considerably longer than usual.

On another note, regarding missed putts, I highly recommend manual putt mode. I have a counterbalanced putter and tend to grip down so I always had trouble with it reading putts. Manual mode is simple, push a button after each putt and then record pin location. Rarely do I have to adjust putts, usually just moving a foot or two here and there to get the green/fairway/rough correct when close to the fringe.

2 hours ago, LeftyRM7 said:

Finally heard back from ShotScope on my lost rounds, after a week. As always, they were able to load my rounds to my account without issue, even if it did take considerably longer than usual.

On another note, regarding missed putts, I highly recommend manual putt mode. I have a counterbalanced putter and tend to grip down so I always had trouble with it reading putts. Manual mode is simple, push a button after each putt and then record pin location. Rarely do I have to adjust putts, usually just moving a foot or two here and there to get the green/fairway/rough correct when close to the fringe.

Does it capture the putt lengths doing it that way ?  I tried manual but didn't realize I had to press a button for each putt  and I just hit the add button for the # and marked pin once it was holed.  Maybe I need to try manual again.  I putt lead hand low and don't think that helps.  putting stats are the only thing I see that are inaccurate as they all seem to be 2 feet.