TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does it capture the putt lengths doing it that way ?  I tried manual but didn't realize I had to press a button for each putt  and I just hit the add button for the # and marked pin once it was holed.  Maybe I need to try manual again.  I putt lead hand low and don't think that helps.  putting stats are the only thing I see that are inaccurate as they all seem to be 2 feet.

Yea if it doesn’t detect your putt it defaults to 2 foot putts. To do it manually, you have to go into settings and set putting to manual mode. Then you just have to press the button over each putt and record the pin location. Most accurate way by far, it literally just records your location each time you push the button. The only thing I’ve had to edit is a few greens seem to be slightly off on the mapping where I need to move everything over one direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, yungkory said:

I'll be interested to hear about the effect on battery switching to L1 + L5 if anyone does try it. Also, I'm 34 and don't think I can remember every hole from memory by the time I get back in my car, lol.

Got my watch firmware updated and configured my bag on the site, excited to try it out on Sunday.

Swinging with the watch on is definitely going to get some getting used to, but I'm glad it doesn't look like a CRT monitor on my wrist!

@yungkory I tried the L1+L5 mode early on and noticed it definitely drains the battery much faster than just L1. From what I understand the L5 satellites just don't have enough coverage yet to be beneficial to us.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

2 hours ago, golfish! said:

@yungkory I tried the L1+L5 mode early on and noticed it definitely drains the battery much faster than just L1. From what I understand the L5 satellites just don't have enough coverage yet to be beneficial to us.

Thanks for the feedback! Pretty cool that it has L5 compatibility built in already, even though there aren't as many L5 satellites in use. Almost use the future-proof word, but I know I'll probably want a v4 no matter what

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

First round in the books with v3. I won't talk about how I played because it was garbage, but I had to edit about 6 holes, and a majority of the pins were off. Some of them were absolutely perfect which has me hopeful, but scared at the same time because some were really off.

Are you guys keeping score on a scorecard in addition to using SS, or are you trusting it fully? It had me 3 strokes better than I actually played...

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

First round in the books with v3. I won't talk about how I played because it was garbage, but I had to edit about 6 holes, and a majority of the pins were off. Some of them were absolutely perfect which has me hopeful, but scared at the same time because some were really off.

Are you guys keeping score on a scorecard in addition to using SS, or are you trusting it fully? It had me 3 strokes better than I actually played...

Yeah, keep score on Golfshot or paper to cross check after the round. Once I see the score, I can review each shot in my head, but it's definitely safer to do that.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

I run The Grint scorecard as a check. I always have to do some editing because it's dropping a couple of shots a round.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 minutes ago, MattF said:

I run The Grint scorecard as a check. I always have to do some editing because it's dropping a couple of shots a round.

Speaking of TheGrint golf app ... has anyone paired it with their Apple Watch? How is it? 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

Why did I have to come across this thread? Now I want one.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

4 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Speaking of TheGrint golf app ... has anyone paired it with their Apple Watch? How is it? 

NFI, we're a fruit free family in my house...

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

As the only issue I seem to be having is not picking up putts correctly, I checked and my tag is 13cm from the band.  Today I have it located at 6cm to see if it improves.  I want automatic, just like the rest of the shots. I know the putter tag is a bit different than the other tags but seems to pick everything up as 2 feet for me (lead hand low) so I'm guessing it isn't registering them ?

13 hours ago, yungkory said:

I use the Grint to record score and for my HDCP as well but yes always a good idea to use a backup method of keeping score when using SS so that you can cross check

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

5 hours ago, JY56 said:

As the only issue I seem to be having is not picking up putts correctly, I checked and my tag is 13cm from the band.  Today I have it located at 6cm to see if it improves.  I want automatic, just like the rest of the shots. I know the putter tag is a bit different than the other tags but seems to pick everything up as 2 feet for me (lead hand low) so I'm guessing it isn't registering them ?

Mine is set on L1. If I remember to tap the tags (especially when putting) I can rest assured that all shots will be recorded accurately and I will not have any editing. The difficult part is getting in the habit of remembering to tap the tags. Once that habit in ingrained I think everything will be fine.

I use automatic putting mode but unless I tap the putter tag before each putt and mark the number of putts while standing over the hole, it records everything at 2 feet and will miss some putts. I haven't tried manual putting mode but it sounds like the same procedure I'm doing. I just know the method I'm using works for me.

I still keep a paper scorecard with me to make notes for those holes that I forget to tap the putter tag. And I think something is flaky with my SW tag because it misses recording its use every time unless I remember to tap it.

Sounds like none of these GPS/tag systems are perfect for completely forgetting about them and just play. If we want stats, it's a matter of deciding which works best for you. At this point, I very happy with my progress with Shot Scope.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

6 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Mine is set on L1. If I remember to tap the tags (especially when putting) I can rest assured that all shots will be recorded accurately and I will not have any editing. The difficult part is getting in the habit of remembering to tap the tags. Once that habit in ingrained I think everything will be fine.

I use automatic putting mode but unless I tap the putter tag before each putt and mark the number of putts while standing over the hole, it records everything at 2 feet and will miss some putts. I haven't tried manual putting mode but it sounds like the same procedure I'm doing. I just know the method I'm using works for me.

I still keep a paper scorecard with me to make notes for those holes that I forget to tap the putter tag. And I think something is flaky with my SW tag because it misses recording its use every time unless I remember to tap it.

Sounds like none of these GPS/tag systems are perfect for completely forgetting about them and just play. If we want stats, it's a matter of deciding which works best for you. At this point, I very happy with my progress with Shot Scope.

Mine is on L1 as well.  Not sure how well it recorded the putts today as the round disappeared while being synced. Got about 30% uploaded and it decided to disconnect itself.  Re connected it and synced again to 100% but now the round is missing.  This is the 3rd time it's done this in 7 rounds.  A little frustrating as I'm playing again tomorrow and will have a tough time trying to remember all today's shots when I eventually get to edit.  Had a real good round today too, with only 28 putts.

7 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Definitely going to try your tap method on Thursday. Forgot all about it, probably because I was playing so bad and raging

15 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

After playing with @MattF last week and watching the tap he does, it certainly does not look like a big deal to do it, but a couple times it appeared as though he almost forgot, then did the quick tap. In my experience, Arccos is closer to "hands off" than having to remember to tap before each putt. I very rarely have anything missed and most often they have been with the least-used club in my bag (5 iron) so I assume it is just a faulty sensor rather than a dying sensor. I do have to edit hole locations as I have not gotten in the habit of marking pin location in the app, but it's easy to do while standing on the green waiting for others to putt.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Alright, couldn't help myself, i ordered one.

Once I get it, going to sell my Garmin S20

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

After playing with @MattF last week and watching the tap he does, it certainly does not look like a big deal to do it, but a couple times it appeared as though he almost forgot, then did the quick tap.

I did almost forget. But I was tapping to test @artful_golfer theory...don't know how well it worked for me though, more testing is needed.

In the bag:

Bag: 

4 hours ago, JY56 said:

I tapped the band against the putter sensor quite frequently today but it didn't help....I must be very consistent with those 2 foot putts, lol

Have you tried manual mode for putting?

In the bag:

Bag: 

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Have you tried manual mode for putting?

Tried manual once, but I kept forgetting I have to press a button for every putt.  That's inconvenient for me, I would like it to be automatic like the other clubs.  I get a lot of very short tap-ins and that is difficult too.  Starting to wonder if I have a dud sensor ?

55 minutes ago, JY56 said:

Tried manual once, but I kept forgetting I have to press a button for every putt.  That's inconvenient for me, I would like it to be automatic like the other clubs.  I get a lot of very short tap-ins and that is difficult too.  Starting to wonder if I have a dud sensor ?

After tapping the putter sensor,  add a practice putt swing just like the other clubs. Mine has been very accurate with my putts and pin locations when I remember to do this and mine is still set on automatic.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

Have one 18 hole and one 9 hole round in so far.  Both rounds the only issues I saw were my own fault.  I forgot to add penalty strokes and forgot to mark my putts at the pin a few times, but that's down to it not being a habit yet.  Also the finishing hole in my 9 hole night has a driving range next to it.  One of the things everyone does is whack the range balls back over the fence with wedges to get them off the hole.  It picked all those up haha 🤣.  I initially thought something was way wrong because it scored me so much higher than I shot.  Immediately realized what happened when I saw the GPS tracking.

On a side note. Both rounds have had two par 5's marked as par 4's.   This isn't a problem if I catch it and make my own tees.  The problem is I saved the White tees at the course last night with the par wrong before I noticed. Is there a way to edit a set of tee's once it's been saved? I can't seem to find a way.

#shrinkthegame

1 hour ago, Seppic said:

Have one 18 hole and one 9 hole round in so far.  Both rounds the only issues I saw were my own fault.  I forgot to add penalty strokes and forgot to mark my putts at the pin a few times, but that's down to it not being a habit yet.  Also the finishing hole in my 9 hole night has a driving range next to it.  One of the things everyone does is whack the range balls back over the fence with wedges to get them off the hole.  It picked all those up haha 🤣.  I initially thought something was way wrong because it scored me so much higher than I shot.  Immediately realized what happened when I saw the GPS tracking.

On a side note. Both rounds have had two par 5's marked as par 4's.   This isn't a problem if I catch it and make my own tees.  The problem is I saved the White tees at the course last night with the par wrong before I noticed. Is there a way to edit a set of tee's once it's been saved? I can't seem to find a way.

I have been able to edit after saving. I edit online from the Shot Scope dashboard. Click on the round you want to edit from the scroll list on the right. Next click on "Edit/Sign Off" in the black box at the right under the course layout graphic. That will bring up a list. #2. is Select Tees. You can also click on "Edit" in the gray box under #3. Edit to add shots you may have forgotten.

PXG 0811 XF driver

10 hours ago, JY56 said:

Seems to work a lot better in manual putting mode.  Maybe the counterweight in my grip was having some effect ?  Hopefully there will be a fix for auto putting down the road.

I also have a counterweight in my grip. And since my putter seems to be to long for me I grip it low - like at the very bottom of the grip.

I played 9 this morning. I tagged my putts but forgot some of my other shots. It recorded my putts accurately. The only edits were a couple of missed approach shots and extras when I was swinging a club through some tall grass as a walked along a lake looking for a lost ball. Found it, but ShotScope recorded two short extra shots.

PXG 0811 XF driver

Second round in the books. Didn't have any missed putts using the @artful_golfer tap method, but the pin locations and where it's marking my putts is still pretty far off unfortunately.

Also added two really random shots, a putt from 43y (pretty sure I was carrying my putter to the green) and a random 9i like 50y in front of one of the tee boxes.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, EHump said:

Is anyone having problems with the yardages freezing mid round? This has happened 3 times since I updated the firmware, once in one round and twice in another. The watch itself isn’t frozen as can enter settings etc, the yardages just don’t move on. Each time I had to end the round and then click play again and select GPS/track. The first time it happened when uploading my round it uploaded as normal and one round, the second time it synced as two rounds. Wondering if this is an issue since the new firmware as wasn’t a problem before 

I had this happen to me the other day.  Was running the L1+L5 mode and noticed it.  It has only happened once in the three rounds I have played since the Firmware Update, but was a little annoying.

My abysmal experience with the V3 has continued the past week - missing the majority of approach shots entirely and incorrectly tagging/locating a lot of tee shots. Don’t even get me started on the short game mess. It’s basically functioning as a G3 unit (not ideal when you’re trying to collect solid Ben Hogan ICON stats for an official MGS review).

Opened a support ticket a few days ago and they got back to me this morning. My support rep agreed that this unit is missing an unreasonable amount of shots. Apparently they are rolling out a firmware update in 2-3 weeks that hopefully improves the issues?

The only bone SS support is throwing my way - “30 day money back return period” will be extended, starting the day the new firmware update is available. I personally believe the extent of my data report errors are indicative of a serious hardware issue but I’m supposed to just wait and hope their magic coding update will fix everything.

In the support reply, my rep mentioned that the company is currently testing improved algorithms they are confident will improve the Clubsense technology. Well... I’m not sure how one presumes confidence in an ongoing test.

The inconspicuous user interface on which this product is marketed, is the main reason I have added their system to my game. If I continue to have similar issues after the firmware update and they suggest something like “take more practice swings”, this V3 is going back across the pond immediately. In general, outlining the complex physical requirements of any golfer’s pre-shot routine would be about the most obtrusive procedure that I can imagine.

TLDR: ShotScope says be patient, while they sit tight with my money. This product cycle was clearly not ready to roll out. I’m seriously disappointed.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

1 hour ago, downlowkey said:

My abysmal experience with the V3 has continued the past week - missing the majority of approach shots entirely and incorrectly tagging/locating a lot of tee shots. Don’t even get me started on the short game mess. It’s basically functioning as a G3 unit (not ideal when you’re trying to collect solid Ben Hogan ICON stats for an official MGS review).

Opened a support ticket a few days ago and they got back to me this morning. My support rep agreed that this unit is missing an unreasonable amount of shots. Apparently they are rolling out a firmware update in 2-3 weeks that hopefully improves the issues?

The only bone SS support is throwing my way - “30 day money back return period” will be extended, starting the day the new firmware update is available. I personally believe the extent of my data report errors are indicative of a serious hardware issue but I’m supposed to just wait and hope their magic coding update will fix everything.

In the support reply, my rep mentioned that the company is currently testing improved algorithms they are confident will improve the Clubsense technology. Well... I’m not sure how one presumes confidence in an ongoing test.

The inconspicuous user interface on which this product is marketed, is the main reason I have added their system to my game. If I continue to have similar issues after the firmware update and they suggest something like “take more practice swings”, this V3 is going back across the pond immediately. In general, outlining the complex physical requirements of any golfer’s pre-shot routine would be about the most obtrusive procedure that I can imagine.

TLDR: ShotScope says be patient, while they sit tight with my money. This product cycle was clearly not ready to roll out. I’m seriously disappointed.

Yeah, definitely sounds like you got a bad one based on everyone else's thoughts in the thread. I would imagine that I would have some GPS issues due to geographical location, but other than the pins not being in the correct spot on nearly every green, and almost every first putt not being located correctly on the putting surface, it has been pretty solid. Debating trying out L1+L5 for one 9-hole round to see if that helps. It'll have to wait until this hurricane passes though.